2021-22 NBA Changes

9 hours ago, LAL_GOAT_17X said:

its seems the Lakers won’t have the Wish ad patch for next season hope they keep em like that ad patch less

Still Spalding ball.  Photoshop?

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Yes, it's a photoshop. We won't see Russ in a Lakers jersey for real until like September or October when they do media/press stuff like usual.

Thanks.  I wasn't sure when media days are anymore. Also they'll probably also try to fit Melo on there next time.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

It’s just a promotional picture, the Lakers will have a sponsor next season. Don’t be Naïve

Ppl will pay big bucks for jersey ads.  You never know when Messi will leave the team you are sponsoring so like they say, seize the day (and advertise today!)

(I hate ads. I'd even prefer that the Nike Swoosh wasn't on there.)

I read on Reddit, so grain of salt, that the Lakers are looking for huge dollars for their 21/22 jersey sponsor (the amount I saw was $100M, but that seems insane).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 8/9/2021 at 10:37 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I read on Reddit, so grain of salt, that the Lakers are looking for huge dollars for their 21/22 jersey sponsor (the amount I saw was $100M, but that seems insane).

To be fair, they are the LA Lakers, and their team has LeBron James (who is also switching to a new number this year).

Lots of jersey sales coming, and each one comes with a forever advertisement patch. I'm not surprised to see a number this high, I think Man U's Chevy deal was $130 mil a year, but I could be wrong as this number is just off the top of my head

• Like 4

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

To be fair, they are the LA Lakers, and their team has LeBron James (who is also switching to a new number this year).

Lots of jersey sales coming, and each one comes with a forever advertisement patch. I'm not surprised to see a number this high, I think Man U's Chevy deal was $130 mil a year, but I could be wrong as this number is just off the top of my head

Pretty sure there aren't ad patches on any retail jerseys.

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

Retail jerseys don’t have ads, only exception are those bought at the team store can have them on there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Pretty sure there aren't ad patches on any retail jerseys.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Retail jerseys don’t have ads, only exception are those bought at the team store can have them on there.

In the greater Philadelphia area, probably over half the jerseys I see have the Stubhub logo. even if it's not the base retail model, they're everywhere.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 minute ago, flyersfan said:

In the greater Philadelphia area, probably over half the jerseys I see have the Stubhub logo. even if it's not the base retail model, they're everywhere.

I can guarantee you that is not the case. You can’t buy jerseys with the ad on them from anywhere but the team stores at the arenas. Maybe fakes ad them on there and maybe you are seeing a bunch of fake jerseys.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Ken Cosgrove said:

The NBA 2K Twitter account shared a screen grab of Westbrook in a Lakers jersey with the diamond Nike swoosh and it doesn’t have a sponsor (though they’ve patched sponsors in/out in the past)

They typically ad those in via a patch (no pun intended) in the game, when its official. 

• Like 1

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

18 hours ago, flyersfan said:

I think those must be counterfeit. I got gifted a Raptors jersey from my dad that he got from a random site online that is clearly a fake (at least clearly to me). It has a Sun Life patch on it, which my dad thought made it seem authentic.

55 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I think those must be counterfeit. I got gifted a Raptors jersey from my dad that he got from a random site online that is clearly a fake (at least clearly to me). It has a Sun Life patch on it, which my dad thought made it seem authentic.

I'm sure some/a lot of the patched jerseys flyersfan is seeing are bootleg. But it doesn't seem crazy to think that a pretty high percentage of real jerseys purchased in Philly would be from the official team store. Now that number may be quite a bit lower in Pittsburgh or State College but seems plausible in Philly.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

anyone noticed the summer league unis are using the teams tertiary colors to compliment the primary colors? 

steven-enoch-of-the-milwaukee-bucks-and- bucks with green and black 

saddiq-bey-of-the-detroit-pistons-drives

pistons with blue and grey

naji-marshall-of-the-new-orleans-pelican

pelicans with navy and red (golds the secondary color if anyone's wondering)

the-atlanta-hawks-celebrate-sharife-coop

hawks with red and black (you would expect yellow) 

kobi-simmons-of-the-portland-trail-blaze

and the trailblazers straight up decided to be black and white. 

(the list goes on)

• Like 3

IMG-7122.gif

3 hours ago, keynote said:

Speaking of summer league, the Wizards' unis have a new number font. New to me, at least.

If memory serves, teams usually use their custom number font. E.g.,  

Might this indicate a potential font change in DC?

another thing of note is that the cavs are using the number font from their pre-nike jerseys :

spacer.png

• Like 7