2021-22 NBA Changes

Heres what I've been seeing about sponsors:

Changing their jersey sponsor:

• Los Angeles Lakers
  • Philadelphia 76ers
  • Houston Rockets - which we (unfortunaly) already seen
  • Portland Trail Blazers - which we already seen

Played Summer League without a jersey sponsor but I dunno if it means something:

• Brooklyn Nets
  • Memphis Grizzlies
  • Washington Wizards

Still without a jersey sponsor:

• Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Sacramento Kings

And a nod to the Bolton Celtics which apparently are changing the patch, but not the sponsor.

It draws my attention that we didn't see any Classic uni for the Toronto Raptors, but they are set to play the first "Classic Matchup" of the season.

Since Nike already published their release mentioning only the Knicks, Warriors and Celtics, I expect at least some nod to the Huskies for Raptors "mashup uni".

And hm... Hawks vs. Lakers could be a gorgeous yellow vs. purple matchup of the mashups.

On 5/24/2021 at 2:48 AM, kimball said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of throwback for the Knicks, Warriors, Celtics and other teams with ties to the original BAA. 

You got it, @kimball.

• Like 2

So no "Earned" edition this year? "Earned" only being released every other year? City editions are mashups this years of team histories. What the heck, I love playing the guessing game for @Conrad.

Boston - White 1946-47 Throwback already seen

New York - White 1946-37 Throwback already seen

Toronto - Blue old Toronto Huskies theme with the 90's pinstripes?

Philadelphia - Red/White/Blue Liberty Bell theme

Brooklyn - Navy 20th Anniversary of team's first Finals appearance already seen

Chicago - Red "Chicago" script fauxback already seen

Cleveland -Red Old Logo also paying tribute to the Richfield Coliseum already leaked

Indiana - Royal Blue 1997-2005 Reggie Miller Fauxback inspired

Detroit - Teal/Red/Blue/White Team History

Milwaukee - Green/Lime Green 80's fauxback 1985-1993

Miami- Black honoring team history already seen

Atlanta- Yellow 1995-1999 Fauxback and tribute to the Omni already seen

Orlando - Blue/Black/White mashup combing the 1989-1999 set with the Dwight Howard era

Charlotte - Teal/Gold pinstripes celebrating team history and the Charlotte Coliseum

Washington - Red/White/Blue Bullets fauxback

Lakers - Purple Team History already seen

Clippers - Red Team History

Phoenix -Black Last Season's Valley fauxback honoring the 1994-2000 alternate

Golden State - Blue Philadelphia Warriors Throwback already seen

Sacramento- Royal/Red/Carolina Blue Combining Sacramento & Cincinnati's team histories

Dallas-  White Fauxback to original colors and honoring Reunion Arena

San Antone- Black/Turquoise Mashup from last season but tweaked

Houston -Red/Yellow Honoring the 94-95 championships

New Orleans- Green Mardigras theme also some hints to pay homage to the old New Orleans Hornets

Memphis- Yellow Fauxback of 1995-2001 original set

Minnesota -Carolina Blue similar to 2019-20 set that honored the Twin Cities and tribute the Minneapolis Lakers

Portland- Cream updated fauxback of 2018-20 set

Utah- Black modified Utah Mountain range from last season

Denver- Carolina Blue/Gold/Wine honoring team history with a Rocky Mountain logo on belt

Oklahoma City - Blue/Orange/Navy honoring State's history as they won't represent Seattle

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

Heres what I've been seeing about sponsors:

Changing their jersey sponsor:

• Los Angeles Lakers
  • Philadelphia 76ers
  • Houston Rockets - which we (unfortunaly) already seen
  • Portland Trail Blazers - which we already seen

Played Summer League without a jersey sponsor but I dunno if it means something:

• Brooklyn Nets
  • Memphis Grizzlies
  • Washington Wizards

Still without a jersey sponsor:

• Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Sacramento Kings

And a nod to the Bolton Celtics which apparently are changing the patch, but not the sponsor.

The Pistons also changed their sponsor.

spacer.png

• Like 5

Do the Warriors, Celtics and Knicks get the “mashup” treatment as well or do their throwbacks take that place? This being the modern NBA I’d imagine they get mashups too, especially since the Warriors were early in on that concept a few seasons back. On the other hand I can’t imagine a worthwhile Celtics “mashup”.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

Suns are gathering opinions about a concept, but apparently it has leaked.

That's cool if you don't need to see the numbers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Raptors and Knicks played each other on November 1, 1996 and wore throwback uniforms for the 50th Anniversary of the NBA. They will play each other again on November 1st in 2021 for the 75th Anniversary. I can't help but think that was intentional.

It 100% was. I am hoping the Raptors play in Husky throwbacks, but seeing that the NBA likes to screw things up it'll probably be their Team Mashup jersey. 

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

Swingman diamond Nike logo. A very well finished piece, just like we saw on 20-21 Earned swingmans.

This diamond swoosh looks slightly similar to the one used on Nike's College Football Playoff uniforms.  The NBA one seems to be more colorful prism-based, at least at the one photo's angle. spacer.png 

• Like 3

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

3 hours ago, Green27 said:

This diamond swoosh looks slightly similar to the one used on Nike's College Football Playoff uniforms.  The NBA one seems to be more colorful prism-based, at least at the one photo's angle. spacer.png 

It’s likely just the filter giving it that look. They are reusing the same swoosh

On 8/25/2021 at 7:21 AM, Igor Coelho said:

Suns are gathering opinions about a concept, but apparently it has leaked.

Ugly as a uniform and for the Suns. And being another, superfluous, black uniform on top of that. These "fashion" uniforms should be kept outside of the court.

20 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Now it is official:

It would be better if the Suns went with more regional Sonoran tribes: Pima, Tohono, Yaqui, San Xavier, Gila, Maricopa etc.  Aztecs don't identify at all with Arizona or neighboring Sonora across the border.   Aztec identifies stronger with Southern Mexico.

• Like 15

It sounds like that Suns Azteca jersey isn't set to be released anytime soon. They're doing market research I guess? 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32090195/phoenix-suns-introduce-new-uniform-concept-based-aztec-symbolism-mixed-reaction 

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 8/26/2021 at 7:45 PM, kimball said:

It sounds like that Suns Azteca jersey isn't set to be released anytime soon. They're doing market research I guess? 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32090195/phoenix-suns-introduce-new-uniform-concept-based-aztec-symbolism-mixed-reaction 

I thought I saw somewhere it said for 2022-2023 season. 

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Yes, they released a concept and now getting feedback.

Wish more pro teams would work that way.  I honestly can't think of one that ever did this before.  Can you imagine if the Sabers released a concept of the Slug before committing to it?

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."