2021-22 NBA Changes

On 9/22/2021 at 5:51 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

Sadly the crypto fits that shady franchise.

The entire league is shady.  Don't they have a piece of the DraftKings or FanDuel pie or something?

9 minutes ago, dont care said:

Do rappers really have sports allegiances? Even drake was a heat fan during the Lebron years

A lot of rappers do. Drake, on the other hand, is a bandwagon jumper with whoever will get him the most publicity.

https://time.com/4543654/drake-nba-bandwagon-fan/

• Like 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

22 hours ago, dont care said:

Do rappers really have sports allegiances? Even drake was a heat fan during the Lebron years

Of course they have. Snoop and Ice Cube reppin' Lakers, Nas is a Knicks fan, E-40, Too Short - Warriors, Juicy J, Justin Timberlake - Grizzlies, Nelly is fan and part owner of Bobcats/Hornets, Common was a ball boy for Bulls, Bulls are also clubs of Kanye and Chance the Rapper, Eminem - Pistons, Rick Ross - Heat, Bone Thugs n Harmony - Cavs, Sir Mix a Lot - Sonics etc, etc.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

48 minutes ago, sayahh said:

And also some just like different uniforms and the way they look. Crazy, but true!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, sayahh said:

This reminds me of the infamous "rockers not rappers" thread, where the OP wanted to feature pics of rockers wearing jerseys, but not rappers, since the latter were less likely to be real fans. As if rockers don't know how to pander or look trendy when they feel like it. 🙄

• Like 8

On 8/11/2021 at 3:46 PM, keynote said:

Speaking of summer league, the Wizards' unis have a new number font. New to me, at least.

If memory serves, teams usually use their custom number font. E.g.,  

Might this indicate a potential font change in DC?

The Wizards' Twitter account "leaked" pics from Media Day, which show that they're using the same font they've always used. 

I wonder why they bothered using a different font during summer league. 

I was looking at the hawks training camp roster, and every number from 0 to 20 is taken except for 9,16, and 19...just two more have 22 and 24..just feels a little odd to me. I guess more players are getting away from the traditional higher numbers in the 30s and 40s.