2021-22 NBA Changes

10 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Honestly, it was a weird mish-mash of eras, and I might be alone on this, but I feel the Cavs had something with their previous City jersey minus the whole "CLE" thing: 
spacer.png

I do like the wine & gold variants of the Price era too, but I think this might be the direction to go in, with Black replacing Navy (I'd prefer Navy over Black, but do think it'd look okay in Black). 

I thought this set was good too, even as is.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

This would have been perfect to me if they swapped out the CLE for Cleveland.

I love the feathered C, and I think this jersey could've worked much better with a fancy looking "Cavs" instead of an incomplete looking "Cle." Still, probably their best city jersey so far.

16 hours ago, dont care said:

I don’t think you can say that not being from the area. People actually from the area think differently. Cavs only mattered when they had Lebron and won the championship, now that he’s gone they are back to the bottom. Atleast the baseball team are always competitive 

It depends, as winning a title puts the Cavs ahead for a lot of people. The Tribe has been competitive under Tito, but the franchise follows the same sad cycle of building a team through development, contending within a small window, and then selling off the parts to start again. Their attendance is abysmal, but their local TV ratings are much better comparatively in the MLB. The Cavs, meanwhile, still have a ways to go before proving their relevance without LeBron, but everyone remembers and cherishes 2016. It's pretty close I'd say.

Browns of course are #1, as football remains the popularity king. The fact that they maintained this placing despite going 0-16 is pretty remarkable, and now they're the best team in town.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, dont care said:

I don’t think you can say that not being from the area. People actually from the area think differently. Cavs only mattered when they had Lebron and won the championship, now that he’s gone they are back to the bottom. Atleast the baseball team are always competitive 

I am from the area and have little remaining interest my favorite baseball team when their best case scenario is heartbreak once a decade.  Cavaliers have far more chance at contention than a AAAA team in a sport with no salary cap.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, CitizenTino said:

The timeline is a little hazy, but a new logo and uniforms are on the way for the Cavs:

https://www.nssmag.com/en/sports/25645/daniel-arsham-cleveland-cavaliers-logo

Separately, I’ve heard that the team is phasing out navy and going with wine/gold/black/white. This makes sense, as if you look closely, their primary court this season is limited to those colors (the drop shadow on the logo at center court is black instead of navy).

What's funny is that in the article, the "artist" talks about being able to identify with a Lakers jersey when the NBA is changing jerseys 56 times a year. So how is someone suppose to identify with a team. Even if they come up with a great design, it will be gone in a few years anyway.

• Like 5

The Cavs could have stuck with the LeBron set or the first post LeBron set and would have been fine with either. Both were nice even if the latter was a little plain. They then had to force black into the set cause they decided to wear those adidas sleeve abominations in the finals when they won and came up with the mediocre at best set they currently wear and are going to force black into thier color scheme now for the foreseeable future.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, truepg said:

Before sticking with something, the Cavs first need to land on something all-around solid, and the last time that was, was the first LeBron era identity and set.

The championship uni they also did because it was a very good looking set, and they won a championship with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

The championship uni they also did because it was a very good looking set, and they won a championship with it.

Strongly disagree on everything about those sets. Moreover, I was glad they won it in the black alternates, as bizarre as they were, it was better than everything else they wore at the time.

Edited by truepg

I saw Lids pushing their Mitchell & Ness Throwback Reload jerseys. I would expect to see similar designs next year for the 75th Anniversary. Granted, from the Suns leak they'll be wilder than these ... and that's saying something ...

ff_4004288-339e82929471cfe15f67_full.jpgff_4004284-ebd594b1a29b684a229d_full.jpgff_4238379-5c4d3dda34b0fcb1eefc_full.jpgff_4004298-5ab444a21fd82194c1d6_full.jpgff_4238393-13c6e15a37705bcbe226_full.jpgff_4004281-f6310228a5878ac493af_full.jpg

• Like 11

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

52 minutes ago, kimball said:

I saw Lids pushing their Mitchell & Ness Throwback Reload jerseys. I would expect to see similar designs next year for the 75th Anniversary. Granted, from the Suns leak they'll be wilder than these ... and that's saying something ...

ff_4004288-339e82929471cfe15f67_full.jpgff_4004284-ebd594b1a29b684a229d_full.jpgff_4238379-5c4d3dda34b0fcb1eefc_full.jpgff_4004298-5ab444a21fd82194c1d6_full.jpgff_4238393-13c6e15a37705bcbe226_full.jpgff_4004281-f6310228a5878ac493af_full.jpg

Give the Jazz gold number outlines(and replace the copper with green), make the number outline on the Heat light blue, and you got winners.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Give the Jazz gold number outlines(and replace the copper with green), make the number outline on the Heat light blue, and you got winners.

Just because people are desperate to make their vice jerseys primary doesn’t mean it’s ever been their colors

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 7:20 PM, VikWings said:

The Cavs could have stuck with the LeBron set or the first post LeBron set and would have been fine with either. Both were nice even if the former was a little plain. They then had to force black into the set cause they decided to wear those adidas sleeve abominations in the finals when they won and came up with the mediocre at best set they currently wear and are going to force black into thier color scheme now for the foreseeable future.

I always said the problem with the Cavs is that they used BLACK and NAVY. They need to stick to one or the other. And it looks like they're going with black, which isn't my favorite look for them, but hey, what do I know?

• Like 1

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking that the Cavs' current uniforms are pretty nice (and an upgrade from the previous set).

While it does make sense for them to simplify their color scheme, I'd rather see them just adopt the Browns' colors. Brown and orange is always a nice combo and it would stand out. In contrast: eliminating black from their current color scheme makes it roughly the same as the Nuggets' and Pelicans' colors, whereas eliminating navy would make them look like the Heat.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 3/21/2021 at 12:20 PM, andrewharrington said:

I think it needed the side panel on the shorts because it’s just so empty down there, but yes. These were nice. I wish the type was a little less bubbly, though.

Yeah, for my money, the '10-'17 Cavs set would've been excellent with the paneled shorts like in the original jerseys they were modeled after:

779cbb7f19509471f330f4a6554cf15b.jpg

It's an overused statement sometimes here, but I really do think the Cavs got it right the first time. The feathered script, the color balance, lack of anything but wine and gold on the jerseys themselves. IMO, they've never looked better, and the prior set left out the one thing that made the inspiration work best.

• Like 19

6fQjS3M.png

On 4/23/2021 at 5:03 PM, kimball said:

spacer.png

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐭. 

(つ .•́ _ʖ •̀.)つ

• Like 9

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

12 hours ago, Chawls said:

spacer.png

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐭. 

(つ .•́ _ʖ •̀.)つ

Very cool! Apparently this jersey or something very similar was close to existing. A quote from the original designer of the sunburst look: 

“I have sketches of an orange version of the jersey but the NBA freaked out. They thought fans would need sunglasses indoors! The orange jersey and a streaking Suns ball had a black eclipse type back shadow behind it and we literally were going to call the jersey the Eclipse.

The Suns already had white, purple and black alternates and the NBA wanted to limit the amount of options teams had to reduce operations nightmares and trainers’ confusion at the time since we were changing so many team identities. That’s why they didn’t do them.”

Here is the rest of the interview and article about the history of the sunburst uniforms.

https://sports360az.com/2016/07/espo-brief-suns-sunburst-jersey-oral-history/

• Like 7

Word of caution about these new Mitchell & Ness throwback jerseys, for those who haven't seen or touched them up close: they're NOT full-twill.  The scripts and numbers are one-layer faux-twill, and on some, sizes, proportions, and some colors are off.  I've also noticed this with the "throwback" NFL jerseys they've been producing lately, which really are no better than the one-layer faux-twill jerseys Nike produces now, or the one-layer faux-twill.  For all that, the NFL ones retail at $150; don't know about these.

It's a dang disappointment, too, as Mitchell & Ness used to be the gold standard for authentic throwback quality jerseys; now it seems they're going the cheaper-yet-pricier route.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

48 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Very cool! Apparently this jersey or something very similar was close to existing. A quote from the original designer of the sunburst look: 

“I have sketches of an orange version of the jersey but the NBA freaked out. They thought fans would need sunglasses indoors! The orange jersey and a streaking Suns ball had a black eclipse type back shadow behind it and we literally were going to call the jersey the Eclipse.

The Suns already had white, purple and black alternates and the NBA wanted to limit the amount of options teams had to reduce operations nightmares and trainers’ confusion at the time since we were changing so many team identities. That’s why they didn’t do them.”

Here is the rest of the interview and article about the history of the sunburst uniforms.

https://sports360az.com/2016/07/espo-brief-suns-sunburst-jersey-oral-history/

Amazing to read this and realize the NBA was actually considerate about this once upon a time. They certainly don’t give a rip about it now. 

• Like 7

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png