2021-22 NBA Changes

I'm liking that Wolves jersey. They spent so many years literally pushing green to the side. This is roughly what they should have been doing the entire time...

• Like 14

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

9 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

This looks more like just a recolor of one of their regular current identity jerseys more than a mashup... The only thing different I see is the pre-update wordmark that is of the same style.  And I can't tell if the base color is black or navy. This doesn't say "mashup" to me that much.

On 9/30/2021 at 5:21 AM, Shadojoker said:

But we all wish they would have used these instead side panels instead.

2c85d677a3033bb485f44bc3b90fe756-grande.

I didn't hate that uni at all, and while it was definitely overthought and overcomplicated in certain parts, it was decent and visually interesting and certainly better than anything that came afterwards. Those side panels wouldn't fit with that mashup jersey, though, since they would clash with the tree trim and there would be too much going on.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

So it basically their Statement jersey with few changes like round collar, old wordmark and pattern on trims. Wonder if shorts will keep same design. Also it look like this jersey was also on fan in 2k22 trailer.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:53 AM, sharplcd said:

😀😀😀

Edit: These are probably legit and I think Minnesota did it right!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow! Much better than their regular set! Tested these colorway of fur few times on 2k14 and it look ok.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, LEWJ said:

Sorry to plug my own tweet, I’m at work and didn’t want to retype 🙄😂

Ignore if already discussed.

If you look at last year’s, they already did change the font from their usual one on the regular jerseys to Condensed Futura on the “banner” jersey.

The new patch has the win-win of making the company name more prominent — does anyone really know the Vistaprint V Logo? — while matching the team better too.

And I know for most companies, adherence to brand standards is key, but for a company like Vistaprint whose job is design, there’s probably actually more value in demonstrating an ability to be customizable.

• Like 8

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

76ers making a nice nod to the Spectrum in their set.

From the NBA 2k screenshots earlier looks like Golden State (Black or Navy), Portland (Black Rip City), San Antone (White Fiesta/Hemisphere Arena), New Orleans (White NOLA), Clippers (Black w/90's woodwork) are indeed legit.

So far this week Philadelphia (honoring the Spectrum), Minnesota (Mashup), and Memphis (Mashup and honoring Isaac Hayes again) have been leaked. Can't wait to see what the others are

Oklahoma City -Navy

Denver- Wine

Sacramento- Red

Houston- Yellow

Milwaukee- Lime Green

Indiana- Royal Blue

Detroit- Turqoise

Boston- Green

New York- Dark Navy

Toronto- Black

Charlotte- Teal

Orlando- Silver

Washington- Red

3 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

From the NBA 2k screenshots earlier looks like Golden State (Black or Navy), Portland (Black Rip City), San Antone (White Fiesta/Hemisphere Arena), New Orleans (White NOLA), Clippers (Black w/90's woodwork) are indeed legit.

So far this week Philadelphia (honoring the Spectrum), Minnesota (Mashup), and Memphis (Mashup and honoring Isaac Hayes again) have been leaked. Can't wait to see what the others are

Oklahoma City -Navy

Denver- Wine

Sacramento- Red

Houston- Yellow

Milwaukee- Lime Green

Indiana- Royal Blue

Detroit- Turqoise

Boston- Green

New York- Dark Navy

Toronto- Black

Charlotte- Teal

Orlando- Silver

Washington- Red

Clippers is wrong, and of those other guesses, only 1 is correct.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Digby said:

If you look at last year’s, they already did change the font from their usual one on the regular jerseys to Condensed Futura on the “banner” jersey.

Good call, I hadn’t realized that either!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

7 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Oklahoma City -Navy

Denver- Wine

Sacramento- Red

Houston- Yellow

Milwaukee- Lime Green

Indiana- Royal Blue

Detroit- Turqoise

Boston- Green

New York- Dark Navy

Toronto- Black

Charlotte- Teal

Orlando- Silver

Washington- Red

seriously stop asking this same question. When they get posted then you’ll know. No one is keeping anything from you. People on here who do have this info can’t tell you for risk of losing their jobs.

• Like 11

On 9/25/2021 at 11:53 AM, mgfoxx said:

FAG6CGTXEAAoAbZ?format=jpg&name=large

On 9/27/2021 at 2:11 PM, Conrad. said:

J. Cole in a Magic jersey here, lol. Talk about pandering!

On 9/29/2021 at 2:47 PM, Conrad. said:

add the Hawks to the growing list of J. Cole's tour pandering

I know I’m biased, because J. Cole is my favorite artist, but I love this. Especially since the album cover was basketball themed,  I feel like this is a cool way to tie it all together and show love to the city he’s performing in. It’s cool that each design is a throwback, too. If I was in his position, I’d be doing the exact same thing.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I know I’m biased, because J. Cole is my favorite artist, but I love this. Especially since the album cover was basketball themed,  I feel like this is a cool way to tie it all together and show love to the city he’s performing in. It’s cool that each design is a throwback, too. If I was in his position, I’d be doing the exact same thing.

In Pro-wrestling you'd call what he's doing a cheap pop (making reference to the local area for applause). Mick Foley made a running joke of it during his career. Cole isn't doing anything malicious, but it is an old carny trick. He's a performer, so it's just show-biz

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Two different greens or black and green?

Would expect the outlines to be a bit more lime if it's two greens. 

That's probably bad lighting. But it's definitely two greens according to a friend who went to the open scrimmage where this image came from.  Fanatics has also been pushing replicas of the double green Irish Rainbows lately.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Fanatics has also been pushing replicas of the double green Irish Rainbows lately.

Not saying you're wrong about anything you said  - but this last point is more of an M&N supply issue, IMO...there's at least 50 new/restocked M&N throwbacks on Fanatics across the league in the last month or so. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.