2021-22 NBA Changes

For as boring as that OKC jersey is, I love the fact they included the placeholder logo.

RE: Jazz talk, I don't know where I stand on it. I do agree that the Jazz have a colour palette issue (though I do think that's a bit overstated because not all the colours have been used over the same season), but I don't think adding another colour scheme on top of that is the right move. Add on the popularity of the Mountain jerseys and the Red Rocks sets, I can see a lot of those colours coming back nearly immediately.

Plus going black and white with yellow as an "accent"? Not looking good and with Ryan Smith being a tech guy, I'm worried it'll be "minimalistic".

The two pieces of Jazz merchandise I have are both Mountain jersey stuff, so I'll still be fashionably retro.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

11 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

maybe it's just because i'm a nets fan but i think this is really bad and would be up there with one of the weakest uniforms the team has worn. hoping hard it's not even close to real.

white and light grey is gonna look atrocious to anybody who isn't 5-feet away from a player, including the TV audience. wtf is OKC doing?

• Like 1

OKC...much like their overall identity, they managed to take elements that should be halfway interesting....and made the whole thing very bland.  Never stop disappointing us, Thunder. 👍🏿

• Like 14

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

9 hours ago, monkeypower said:

For as boring as that OKC jersey is, I love the fact they included the placeholder logo.

RE: Jazz talk, I don't know where I stand on it. I do agree that the Jazz have a colour palette issue (though I do think that's a bit overstated because not all the colours have been used over the same season), but I don't think adding another colour scheme on top of that is the right move. Add on the popularity of the Mountain jerseys and the Red Rocks sets, I can see a lot of those colours coming back nearly immediately.

Plus going black and white with yellow as an "accent"? Not looking good and with Ryan Smith being a tech guy, I'm worried it'll be "minimalistic".

The two pieces of Jazz merchandise I have are both Mountain jersey stuff, so I'll still be fashionably retro.

The Jazz are becoming one of those franchises where, by having so many variations on its brand, determining the "right" one will depend on when you grew up.

For example, as an NBA fan who came of age in the '80s, I'll always think of the Jazz as a purple/yellow/green franchise first. I never cared for the mountain jerseys — it was the start of their trend-chasing present. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Some astute observer 😎 came across this, now featured on the mothership

2021-2022-new-oklahoma-city-thunder-unif

https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/10/18/first-look-at-okc-thunder-new-city-uniform-for-2022/basketball/

What is with this new leaguewide obsession with grayscale alternate uniforms? The Clippers and Blazers did it last year, now the Thunder are doing it.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

18 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Some astute observer 😎 came across this, now featured on the mothership

2021-2022-new-oklahoma-city-thunder-unif

https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/10/18/first-look-at-okc-thunder-new-city-uniform-for-2022/basketball/

It's supposed to be a "mixtape", so they took:

• Vertical wordmark from this fslvwv2anbr01.jpg

•  Pants design from thisgettyimages-1138766393.jpg?w=1000&h=600&

• Fading gradient design from these1058022398.jpg.0.jpg

• Their placeholder logo from '09 ra0uk1arboplog7p9ngnfreg0.gif

...all rolled into one, and made nearly illegible.

• Like 4

It is interesting the different approaches we’ve seen from these leaked “mixtape” jerseys. Some are pretty weird mashups, some are basically fauxbacks or barely different than their inspiration, and then you’ve got OKC who are barely following the prompt and really doing a brand-new thing.

I think it’s good that teams have some latitude here and it doesn’t feel as much like a league paint-by-numbers initiative, even if many of these teams can’t help themselves.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers