2021-22 NBA Changes

Knicks in their “classic” jerseys brings me back to their “city” from two years ago, which I loved despite the navy base and tattered-flag side panels, in that they just look so great with single-layer lettering. No need for one, let alone two outlines. Keep it simple!

• Like 5

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Knicks in their “classic” jerseys brings me back to their “city” from two years ago, which I loved despite the navy base and tattered-flag side panels, in that they just look so great with single-layer lettering. No need for one, let alone two outlines. Keep it simple!

The side panels were the city skyline on its side...thought it was kinda cool. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, insert name said:

Knicks throwback looks great. The shorts look shinny, does anyone else notice that? 

All three Classic Editions this year have shiny satin shorts. The Knicks and Celtics have faux belt loops on theirs, too:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

29 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The side panels were the city skyline on its side...thought it was kinda cool. 

I got the intention but it sure looked more like a tattered stripe flag in the wind in every practical context to me! As a general rule skylines really only work when upright if you ask me!

Shoulda just been a classic checkerboard from, also a classic NYK look, and we would’ve really been in business. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

All three Classic Editions this year have shiny satin shorts. The Knicks and Celtics have faux belt loops on theirs, too:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They missed a chance to produce road versions, or else we could have seen the Celtics at MSG against the Knicks while both wore throwbacks.

Also, the Hawks, Kings and Pistons' predecessors who played in the NBL prior to or simultaneously as the BAA's inaugural season should have also been honored or acknowledged, IMO.  Too bad the Lakers didn't become the Lakers until 1947.

13 hours ago, Digby said:

I think gold instead of white would work great with that color scheme.

Quick mockup on top of a mockup:

kB02FiZ.jpg

Reminds me of a New Orleans Hornets jersey. (Mardi Gras?)  I think the actual one might have the old "Lakers" wordmark and also has it slanted. (I realize that you had already indicated that this was a tweak of a tweak so that was probably one of the elements that was tweaked.)

This one looks too much like their purple jersey (but at least this one doesn't have the nasty black vertical stripes on the sides).

Right right, I did a quick google and I'm sure that was some Aliexpress fake. Point being that the white would look good if it was Lakers gold IMO! It does have a bit of the classic New Orleans Hornets look to it, but a purple base would be different, and conveniently the tire-track wreck on their current purple jersey gives them more leeway to do purple-with-yellow elsewhere.

17 hours ago, Digby said:

Interesting in that the Raptors were a little ahead of the whole “mixtape” trend, with both the 90s wordmark rendered in Drake black/gold, the new-style black alt with the subtle shadow jagged pinstripes, even the purple half/half revival.

The Cavs did this a decade ago with their CavFantic jerseys, which is kinda why I'm disappointed with their mixtape.

• Like 3

At first I thought somebody was playing calling these things "Mixtape" jerseys...then I looked it up. 

Is this really the point we're at now with this stuff???

To me this just smacks of the type of stuff you do when you run short on (or out of) "forward-thinking innovative" ideas.  The Miami one especially.

Some of those are alright, but overall...yeah, I must be reaching that crusty old curmudgeon age...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

Thank you for sharing these with the community! I love your twitter and am constantly on it. 

edit: How the 1990’s horse uniforms feel when they see that little bit of teal on the side stripes

spacer.png

• Like 9