2021-22 NBA Changes

26 minutes ago, insert name said:

It's shocking they never did a black alternative back in the day.

If legit, the only positive I see here is the classic wordmark. They should've never changed it.

Classic word mark is so far superior.

• Like 4

On 10/22/2021 at 8:00 PM, dont care said:

1. Why? They have never had lightning in their branding ever.

2. No it’s not. It’s clearly a straight side panel.

been a long time lurker and this might be the last straw - do you ever do ANY research before you speak on anything? This false confidence and dunning kruger gets old really quick. You don't know much about anything that you've spoken about. Maybe try filtering yourself a little bit. Also, it's a lightning bolt.

Nice ones @Igor Coelho! Sadly I gotta say the edge of that Toronto jersey is taken off given they’ve already kinda explored this theme with the last two City jerseys as it is…also not sure the “We the North” font rises to the level of mashup inclusion. No love for the 00s era look??

cute that the dino upgraded to the title-winning jersey, though.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

25 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

Anyone noticed that there is a lot more home teams in white this season than in the last couple years?

I love it!

I have noticed that! I don't mind the occasional color vs color game but I love seeing the semi return of traditional match-ups with home team in white/light vs road team in darker jerseys. Perhaps its for the 75th anniversary (or just a coincidence)? Anyways I'm all for it!

• Like 3

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

46 minutes ago, truepg said:

I know it's supposed to be a mashup, but that collar style they use now doesn't fit at all with the classic-style wordmark, nor do those side panels on the jersey. Not a coherent and successful outcome to me.

This is why, despite it being many Laker fans' favorite style, the 1999-18 wishbone jersey template isn't my favorite regular, non-alternate Lakers jersey.

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

This is why, despite it being many Laker fans' favorite style, the 1999-18 wishbone jersey template isn't my favorite regular, non-alternate Lakers jersey.

I don't have anything against that wishbone collar per se, some styles it really fits that happen to be modern, like that Lakers' set in question, which is my favorite all-time, or the Pistons jerseys of the same era to this day, or the Heat and what the Raptors used to have, it's not terrible even for the Warriors, but it does look better when it's of the same base color as the jersey itself. However, it doesn't match the classic style that is that Dallas wordmark and numbers, together with the "modern" style side panels they still use.

EDIT: You could say that the Lakers' wordmark and number font are similar "classic" in style as what the Mavs have there, but the additional outline gives it a more dated look, and the modern collar is of different color than the jersey base, which wasn't the case for the Lakers.

Edited by truepg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, truepg said:

I know it's supposed to be a mashup, but that collar style they use now doesn't fit at all with the classic-style wordmark, nor do those side panels on the jersey. Not a coherent and successful outcome to me.

Is there some jersey in the Mavs' history in which the front numbers were significantly larger than the wordmark? That's what I can't get over: The scale just seems off, and those numbers look huge. 

I will say this, though: Those shorts are fantastic.