2021-22 NBA Changes

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I forgot to say it here earlier, but at the final Magic home game of the year they were selling the Statement and City jerseys 50% off AND buy one get one free. Obviously the City jersey won’t be around next year, but it’s interesting that the Statement ones were also in that promotion. This was the second year of the current blue jerseys with the weird rectangle panels, so I’d expect a new one for next season.

Were they Jordan Statements or Nike? That tripped me up about the Lakers' sale. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/18/2021 at 12:45 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Hopefully they return back to the old pinstriped blues.

spacer.png
These were their best jerseys in the set, and possibly the best since the original pinstripes.

I hope they bring those back as well.

Unrelated (and slightly depressing) side note - 4 of the 5 players in that picture no longer play for the Magic, and the one that still does didn't see the floor at all last season.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

38 minutes ago, colortv said:

Does anyone know why the Lakers gold jersey has Nike branding and the purple statement jersey has Jordan branding?

Because before this season all Statement jerseys were switched to Jordan brand.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 5/18/2021 at 10:41 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

I forgot to say it here earlier, but at the final Magic home game of the year they were selling the Statement and City jerseys 50% off AND buy one get one free. Obviously the City jersey won’t be around next year, but it’s interesting that the Statement ones were also in that promotion. This was the second year of the current blue jerseys with the weird rectangle panels, so I’d expect a new one for next season.

Maybe the sale had something to do with the fact that the players on said jerseys are likely no longer on the team.

9 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Maybe the sale had something to do with the fact that the players on said jerseys are likely no longer on the team.

Nope. They've already done the clearance firesale of the Vooch/Gordon/Fournier jerseys, these were all Bamba/Isaac/Fultz/Ross.

ExJworW.png

21 minutes ago, bowld said:

These leaked this morning. Not sure if real or not-

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

It was mentioned on Uni-Watch.  Probably legit due to 75th Anniversary coming up.  I suspect we are going to be seeing a mix-and-match of past jersey elements for a lot of teams.

14 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

oh God please no!  Miami looks like a copy of the Cleveland city, and ANOTHER Nets throwback?  Hopefully these are Anniversary jerseys and not City.  

Are the Nets keeping their classic light blue uni next season?

Thats technically not a true Nets throwback: looks like a merging of eras between the Petrovic and Dr. J eras. These leaks are falling in line with the anticipated 75th anniversary rumors of era mashups (and each look better than Phoenix’s leak so far). 

That said, I’m not sure what’s going on with Miami there. I think that’s a mashup of Floridians/Heat/Vice word marks, but I’m not totally certain. So it could be the era mashup, but possibly something else too. I don’t like it, either.

As far as what can be seen so far, I’m really liking the direction of Atlanta’s and Brooklyn’s. Purple and powder for the Lakers looks a bit too 90’s Jazz from afar, but the idea makes sense.

• Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, bowld said:

These leaked this morning. Not sure if real or not-

spacer.png

I'm not a fan of it for the Lakers, but purple & powder blue is one of the great underused colour schemes in sports.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That said, I’m not sure what’s going on with Miami there. I think that’s a mashup of Floridians/Heat/Vice word marks, but I’m not totally certain. So it could be the era mashup, but possibly something else too. I don’t like it, either.

A ransom note?