2021-22 NBA Changes

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

ย 

So I guess they did tweak the Finals trophy and base is no longer a basketball floor.ย  The Twitter arguments are hilarious.ย  ย I think that all of the All-Star Game trophies were also redesigned for the league's 75th celebration.

As a Celtics fan-ish I'm amused that 3 of the new trophies are named after former Celtics.

ย 

I do like the consistency among all the trophies. Visually they look really nice using the silver as accents on the gold.

6 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

As a Celtics fan-ish I'm amused that 3 of the new trophies are named after former Celtics.

ย 

I do like the consistency among all the trophies. Visually they look really nice using the silver as accents on the gold.

I think that the ASG MVP one was named after Kobe since the 2019-20 or 2020-21ย  season, I think, posthumously.

Looks like the Conference Finals update for LockerVision (first four games anyway) is up. Boston and Miami are delightfully normal, which I guess is to be expected from those two -- all white for the home, green or black for the road.

ย 

GSW/Dallas however will alternate between white at home and white away so that series is going to be an exercise in recalibrating your bearings every game.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

We've come to a point where I'm longing for Miami in the red uniforms again, so little I've seen them wear it lately. We've actually reached the mark where wearing an alternate feels special and is looked forward to, the way it used to be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Looks like the Conference Finals update for LockerVision (first four games anyway) is up. Boston and Miami are delightfully normal, which I guess is to be expected from those two -- all white for the home, green or black for the road.

ย 

GSW/Dallas however will alternate between white at home and white away so that series is going to be an exercise in recalibrating your bearings every game.

ย 

I am surprised that GSW, Dallas and Boston are not scheduled to wear throwbacks and/or anniversary jerseys, at least if the series end up in a sweep.

Neither the Celtics nor the Warriors have worn those 1946 throwbacks at all in the postseason, have they? Unless I missed it. Personally I prefer to keep it straightforward but those are also nice jerseys, especially worn against other classic-looking teams. Celtics definitely haven't worn those green-out "mashup" jerseys but the Warriors seem to like them for these playoffs. More merciful is that Miami is keeping their mashup in the regular season, apparently...whew.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 2 weeks later...

Besides the unveiling of the reimagined traditional Finals script, it looks like the conference champ locker room hats are paying homage to the late 90s Finals logo:

ย 

https://store.nba.com/golden-state-warriors/mens-golden-state-warriors-new-era-gray/black-2022-western-conference-champions-locker-room-9fifty-snapback-adjustable-hat/t-70703952+p-933279343800+z-8-491034705?_ref=p-SFLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

Besides the unveiling of the reimagined traditional Finals script, it looks like the conference champ locker room hats are paying homage to the late 90s Finals logo:

ย 

https://store.nba.com/golden-state-warriors/mens-golden-state-warriors-new-era-gray/black-2022-western-conference-champions-locker-room-9fifty-snapback-adjustable-hat/t-70703952+p-933279343800+z-8-491034705?_ref=p-SFLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

I love those hats because of that late 90s reference and me watching NBA on NBC.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 4:15 PM, gosioux76 said:

I'm with you in not loving the current primaries. They are, indeed, lifeless. But I was never a fan of the KG-era unis. I never enjoyed the gimmicky typeface, and especially the way they insisted on using it with the full word Timberwolves rather than the shortened Wolves.

ย 

Why have the Timberwolves, at least past the inaugural year or so, insisted upon "Wolves" as the shortened form on their jerseys when everyone calls them the T-Wolves?ย 

โ™ซ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneย โ™ซ

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

ย 

Why have the Timberwolves, at least past the inaugural year or so, insisted upon "Wolves" as the shortened form on their jerseys when everyone calls them the T-Wolves?ย 

Iโ€™d guess itโ€™s purely for aesthetic reasons. Itโ€™s far more attractive to have a single short word than one thatโ€™s awkwardly hyphenated. I think thatโ€™s especially true for an imbalanced hyphenation like that (single letter-hyphen-full word.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Iโ€™d guess itโ€™s purely for aesthetic reasons. Itโ€™s far more attractive to have a single short word than one thatโ€™s awkwardly hyphenated. I think thatโ€™s especially true for an imbalanced hyphenation like that (single letter-hyphen-full word.)

usa_today_14982146.0.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAgxsEkwPacUEQWjy1St2