2021-22 NBA Changes

27 minutes ago, NashConcepts said:

usa_today_14982146.0.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAgxsEkwPacUEQWjy1St2

I’m not sure of your point. The suggestion wasn’t that it can’t be done, but that the non-hyphenated option might look better. 

The T-Wolves can make that choice. The D-Backs can’t, unless they want to just go by “BACKS”

• Like 1

This was such a gorgeous matchup and I hope it gets some play in the Finals. I kinda doubt it, since neither team's worn the throwbacks in the playoffs and GSW seems to favor the weird mashup thing. Are "classic editions" verboten in the playoffs? At any rate, I didn't care much for the Celtics one since their usual jerseys are already pretty throwback-y, but this was such a nice look for the Warriors, particularly when matched up against Boston.

TSPN7N2L65HZVEAQIZ52QDCNYM.jpg 

• Like 10

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2022-nba-finals-uniform-matchups-boston-

Legitimately shocked that we have all white-at-home games!

Golden State and especially Boston wearing a black alt in the playoffs feels real odd, but they're also two BFBS uniforms I don't hate, so, fine, I'll give them that. Would've preferred the aforementioned Warriors throwbacks though. (Also wouldn't mind a green-vs-yellow game if GSW had any decent yellow uniforms in the rotation these days).

• Like 2
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, Digby said:

Golden State and especially Boston wearing a black alt in the playoffs feels real odd, but they're also two BFBS uniforms I don't hate, so, fine, I'll give them that. Would've preferred the aforementioned Warriors throwbacks though. (Also wouldn't mind a green-vs-yellow game if GSW had any decent yellow uniforms in the rotation these days).

Hopefully this series goes to six or seven games so we don't have to have a BFBS uniform lift the trophy. 

• Like 3

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Leaving aside whether it should be worn so frequently in the playoffs, the Dubs black jersey is better than I'd have expected. The color scheme works better than I'd have guessed, the typeface is an upgrade, and it leaves off my least favorite element of their standard set in those swooshy "bridge cable" elements on the shorts. Just don't like the lightning bolt trim where straight trim would do. (The fauxback is better than anything else they've got, however.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Digby said:

What's up with the Warriors wearing black anyways? It made sense with "The Town" uniforms but these are pointless. 

The Finals logos being CGI’d into the court has been so dissapointing. Sure it looks like “The Finals” on TV, but shouldn’t it look like “The Finals” to the people in attendance too? Shouldn’t it look like “The Finals” in the pictures of the games?

There’s just something about a picture like this that gives off a sense of the scene being a huge deal with the Finals stickers so prominent:

spacer.png

The NBA continues to make branding decisions like this that gives off the impression that they just don’t “get it” anymore. The Finals have been looking aesthetically like “just another game” lately. It’s really dissapointing.

• Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 6/1/2022 at 7:23 PM, Digby said:

Leaving aside whether it should be worn so frequently in the playoffs, the Dubs black jersey is better than I'd have expected. The color scheme works better than I'd have guessed, the typeface is an upgrade, and it leaves off my least favorite element of their standard set in those swooshy "bridge cable" elements on the shorts. Just don't like the lightning bolt trim where straight trim would do. (The fauxback is better than anything else they've got, however.)

It's fascinating to see how people react differently to designs, and it's completely valid. I think the colors work but the Warriors just don't need black jerseys. I have always liked the bridge cables because they're a unique, modern nod to the team's past. And on that same note, the lightning bolts are the only saving grace, the one interesting thing going on that makes it seem worth making in the first place.

I like their fauxbacks as an alt but if they based their whole identity around it I'd be really disappointed. It's very classic, but that's not really the team's brand, IMO.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Weren't there complaints of those stickers being really slippery?

Sure stickers might be slippery but you can put them on sidelines like in playoffs instead of on sidelines you've got humongous YTTV ads (+YTTV CGI ads near paint and below CGI Finals logos so total of 6 YTTV ads. Yikes!).

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

I prefer the CGI logo from a purely player safety aspect. We had seen players slip and get injured on them in the past. And I like the CGI because it still appears as though they are on the court, even if they don’t appear on the live product. There is enough finals branding around the arena to still feel like finals atmosphere without the stick. Television broadcasts are different

I understand the player safety concern, but I would imagine there would be better ways to address it than not having anything on the court altogether but CGI. For starters, you could put them on the sidelines instead. Or, with as many alternate courts as the NBA allows and produces these days, I wonder if sections of teams’ hardwood that have the logos applied in the same way as the other court art would be possible in the time allowed. Maybe not, but who knows.

Maybe even try to develop a sticker that doesn’t cause slip - it’s 2022 after all! But in any case, I’d rather the league get a bit more creative to keep players safe AND make the court look more special for all viewers than just deferring to CGI. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Last night’s game was beautiful to watch.  The game itself was entertaining, but Boston’s green looked so good on the Warriors’ court, especially when the latter is wearing their home whites. I looked at the LockerVision schedule and, assuming the information is correct, it should be a fairly traditional uniform matchup throughout. It’s just too bad that Golden State won’t be wearing their road blues for Games 3 and 4 in Boston (that’s not slated to happen until Game 6, if necessary). Here’s hoping the series goes the full distance.

It’s also unfortunate that the Warriors aren’t scheduled to wear their Classic Edition set at any point in this series. Would’ve looked great at TD Garden. This is a commemorative season, after all.