2021-22 NBA Changes

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Maybe even try to develop a sticker that doesn’t cause slip - it’s 2022 after all! But in any case, I’d rather the league get a bit more creative to keep players safe AND make the court look more special for all viewers than just deferring to CGI. 

I don't know, I'd guess the league probably feels that using CGI is being creative. I could see them envisioning it as the perfect solution to the problem: it addresses player safety while still allowing NBA Finals branding to display to the audience that matters most to its bottom line, TV viewers. 

And to be honest, I don't disagree. I get that from an aesthetics perspective, it's not perfect, and that the NBA should aspire to that.  But if this solution satisfies the players and sponsors, I can't imagine it's an issue that ranks high among league priorities. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't know, I'd guess the league probably feels that using CGI is being creative. I could see them envisioning it as the perfect solution to the problem: it addresses player safety while still allowing NBA Finals branding to the audience that matters most to its bottom line, TV viewers. 

And to be honest, I don't disagree. I get that from an aesthetics perspective, it's not perfect, and that the NBA should aspire to that.  But if this solution satisfies the players and sponsors, I can't imagine it's an issue that ranks high among league priorities. 

I was just happy to not see them rotate through sponsors like the NHL is doing.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I’m just glad we don’t get the illusions that we see in many overseas leagues where it’s optimized to be straight on TV but looks incredibly altered in person. I’d prefer the stickers and it be visible in person, but if it’s a player safety concern, that overrides visuals

• Like 1

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I remember reading that the basketball on the Celtic championship banners reflect the uniform that was worn the night they won that title.  I think it may have been a Paul Lukas article.  I always thought it was a pretty interesting little quirk that I've loved shoving down people's throats when I'm trying to sound like a uniform know-it-all. 

But I wonder how they would approach it if they won it all wearing a black uniform?? Would they go with a black ball, or just the green ball to signify it was done in a colored uni.  Either way I think it would kinda tarnish the quirkiness of the banners a little bit for me 

Championships | Boston Celtics

• Like 5

90758391980.gif

56 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I remember reading that the basketball on the Celtic championship banners reflect the uniform that was worn the night they won that title.  I think it may have been a Paul Lukas article.  I always thought it was a pretty interesting little quirk that I've loved shoving down people's throats when I'm trying to sound like a uniform know-it-all. 

But I wonder how they would approach it if they won it all wearing a black uniform?? Would they go with a black ball, or just the green ball to signify it was done in a colored uni.  Either way I think it would kinda tarnish the quirkiness of the banners a little bit for me 

Championships | Boston Celtics

The 1964, 1965 and 1966 championships were won in Boston, with the Celtics wearing white. So maybe that's not what the NBA ball represents. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

hmmm maybe I've been spreading bad information all these years

Well after additional searching the rest of the banners seem to match up with the jerseys. Weird those years would not. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...

Always a big fan of the locker room stuff, The hat is cool but yeah the shirts are a bit meah.

Just wish we could see what the Celtics version looked like. 😔

Not just saying that as a fan either, I just find both designs fascinating.  

3 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Seeing the new trophy actually be revealed, it’s still recognizable and keeps the iconic feel of the Larry O’Brien.

spacer.png

spacer.png

To the average/casual fan, they are indistinguishable from each other.

12 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Always a big fan of the locker room stuff, The hat is cool but yeah the shirts are a bit meah.

Just wish we could see what the Celtics version looked like. 😔

Not just saying that as a fan either, I just find both designs fascinating.  

Same thing but replace blue and gold with white and green