DIY Network is no more, succumbs to the iron fist of Chip & Joanna Gaines

DCarp1231

As the title suggests, DIY Network has been rebranded as “Magnolia Network”. Launched by Chip & Joanna Gaines, the popular tv network home renovators. The newly minted network will feature eight original series and will debut on new streaming service Discovery+ later this year while doing a full tv network launch at the beginning of 2022.

Old-

spacer.png

New-

spacer.png

That sounds like the cable government-access channel for the entire state of Mississippi or something. DIY Network, I can figure out what that is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My wife is obsessed with the Gaines family and everything they do. Most women know and are drawn to anything with the "Magnolia" name. I think the change will probably bring in a lot more viewers. 

All these renovation shows combine a nice looking lady and her goofy husband. She decorates and he shows up randomly to put on a tool belt, spray himself with fake sweat, make dumb jokes and swing a sledge hammer a few times. 

I honestly don't get it, but I'm probably not the target audience. I'd much rather watch hours of This Old House anyday. 

42 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

My wife is obsessed with the Gaines family and everything they do. Most women know and are drawn to anything with the "Mongolia" name. I think the change will probably bring in a lot more viewers. 

Quoting for posterity.

Archived