jackkmart

NACA Project - Fantasy Collegiate Hockey Concepts

spacer.png

North American Collegiate Athletics (NACA) Hockey Concepts

In this thread I will be adding my concepts for (made up) colleges and their hockey teams. This is going to be a long project I imagine and so far I only have a couple teams complete but I plan on making somewhere between  20-50 (maybe more?) teams across North America (not just the US) which will populate multiple 'conferences' or divisions. I also plan on making peripheral graphics for league logos, etc.

My main goal for all these teams is to create a unique brand based around non-traditional mascots/ team names and color schemes!

Central American Conference

Eagle County College

Goodwell Christian

Wyoming State

Kansas Agricultural

TBD

TVB

Sun Conference

University of Florida at Three Lakes

TBD

TBD

TBD

TBD

TBD

MORE TO COME! (HOPEFULLY)

Eagle County College

Avalanche Dogs

First team! I based the 'AvDogs' on a hat I have from Vail, CO which depicts a dog similar to the one I made for the primary logo. The secondary is derived from other merch I have from Vail, I think it might even be the official 'avalanche unit' logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

University of Florida at Three Lakes 

Gillmen

Team 2 baby! I wanted to make a green/ swamp themed team so I made the Gillmen whose branding is based off of the 'gillman' from the 1954 feature film 'Creature from the Black Lagoon'

The Gillman as a mascot is supposed to resemble a swamp monster/ man hybrid. 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Goodwell Christian University

Addax

I'm not too sure how I feel about the Addax (which is a type of antelope, I think) I like the colors and the logo is ok but I'm already thinking about ways to improve it as I dont think it looks as good as it could. 

Here I used some of the Phoenix Sun's color palette instead of coming up with my own like I had for the first two teams. C&C for the Addax is very welcome!spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Excited to see where this series is going!

I love college hockey so this immediately caught my attention. The AvDogs look great, love the whole look and am a huge fan of the cross motif.

The Gillmen also look great, it's definitely a unique brand but it all works really well together.

The Addax are a bit of a miss in my opinion though. I think the away is decent, but could use some work and the red alt is pretty good, but I'm not really a fan of the home jersey from the striping to the logo blending in

1 hour ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Are they all real, or do you make these up? Just curious.

they're all made up. 

Wyoming State University

Founders

WRONG LOCATION ON HEADER! WILL FIX SOON

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nicely done so far.  Can't wait to see where this goes and how far out you take some of the identities.