Miami Dolphins General Manager Had Jersey Made For Drew Brees In 2006

Miami Dolphins General Manager Had Jersey Made For Drew Brees In 2006

March 15, 2021 - 00:25 AM

After New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees announced his retirement on Sunday afternoon, people from around the NFL took the opportunity to share their favorite stories about the future Hall of Famer. But one, in particular, caught our eye. During an appearance on SiriusXM radio, former Miami Dolphins general manager

Read More...

I'm sure this kind of thing happens all the time.  It would be fun to see all the jerseys that were made for signings or draft picks that fell through.

One example is the Phillies.  They were set to acquire Roy Halladay at the 2009 deadline, and had even been in contact with him to see what number he wanted, since 32 was retired.  He chose 34, but the deal fell through, so when they fell back on Cliff Lee, they just removed the NOB and put LEE on it and that became his jersey.  They ultimately acquired Halladay the next offseason, traded away Lee, gave Halladay his (or Lee's) 34, then brought back Lee, who took 33 for the remainder of his career.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm sure this kind of thing happens all the time.  It would be fun to see all the jerseys that were made for signings or draft picks that fell through.

One example is the Phillies.  They were set to acquire Roy Halladay at the 2009 deadline, and had even been in contact with him to see what number he wanted, since 32 was retired.  He chose 34, but the deal fell through, so when they fell back on Cliff Lee, they just removed the NOB and put LEE on it and that became his jersey.  They ultimately acquired Halladay the next offseason, traded away Lee, gave Halladay his (or Lee's) 34, then brought back Lee, who took 33 for the remainder of his career.

🗣 PHILLYJACKED!!!

6uXNWAo.png

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder where the [in]famous Eli Manning Chargers jersey is these days...

hi-res-3464210-eli-manning-holding-up-a-

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Probably in a box next to Eric Lindros' Nordiques jersey that he refused to put on:

lindros-1.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived