WNBA 2021

WNBA Celebrates 25 Seasons in 2021. Count It.

March 15, 2021 - 15:41 PM

The Women’s National Basketball Association is heading into their 25th season this summer, a cool quarter century after their inaugural season in 1997 the league has grown from eight teams to twelve with franchises presently located in every corner of the United States, To celebrate this milestone season, the WNBA

Read More...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The XX IIII is brutal.

New uniforms? How are they going even do that given the amount of real estate devoted to ads?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

25 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

The XX IIII is brutal.

New uniforms? How are they going even do that given the amount of real estate devoted to ads?

It just means they'll get a new design, and possibly more color in them. Mixing Latin numbers with the other style is a little different, at once I like and hate it at the same time. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Saw this as a comment on the page. Thought it could/should be repeated here.

Countless achievements? Only one i can think of is the NBA keeping them afloat all these years.

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

The XX IIII is brutal.

already looking forward there 30th season (and the jokes people will make about the roman numerals)

mods, if you don't like the joke, you may delete the post.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

21 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

already looking forward there 30th season (and the jokes people will make about the roman numerals)

You mean same jokes as the Super Bowl and Wrestlemania? 

I saw, I came, I left.

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Countless achievements? Only one i can think of is the NBA keeping them afloat all these years.

if it wasn't for the NBA, how long would the league have lasted (maybe the NBA helps for a few years then the WNBA would be on its own) 

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Wilson's debut as the official ball of the league. An Evo Nxt composite ball. I guess the NBA ball will not change its looks much, either, when it transitions back to Wilson for the first time since 1986. (Or is it 1985?)  But that one will remain a leather ball.

4 hours ago, sayahh said:

An Evo Nxt composite ball.

Intresting because at first Wilson announced that every ball will be made from same material. Players from FIBA Champions League complains about Evo NXT. IMO woman's basketball should move into 3x3 ball.

Here is ball:

spacer.png

What about 25th anniversary logo It doesn't that bad, clever way of use IIIII even if it look inappropriate.

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Intresting because at first Wilson announced that every ball will be made from same material. Players from FIBA Champions League complains about Evo NXT. IMO woman's basketball should move into 3x3 ball.

What about 25th anniversary logo It doesn't that bad, clever way of use IIIII even 

Are you talking about the ball or women’s basketball in general?

7 hours ago, walkerws said:

Are you talking about the ball or women’s basketball in general?

I mean ball, to be precise if womens can play using 3x3 ball without any troubles why not introduce that type of it as a standard for 5x5?

4r2eer.png

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I mean ball, to be precise if womens can play using 3x3 ball without any troubles why not introduce that type of it as a standard for 5x5?

I just found out yesterday that the 3x3 balls are weighted and weigh as much as the 29.5 balls.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Yes. Ball for 3x3 is a size 6 with a weight of size 7, so I think it's ideal for Women's.

It's also worth to note that in FIBA Basketball women's didn't use size 6 until 2004.

Thanks for that interestinf factoid.

I don't think that they would want to switch to a heavier ball, though, if that's the size and weight they've playing with likely since organized basketball in high school or earlier. Which reminds me: do you remember the WNBA rival league, the ABL?  They differed in that they used size 7 balls, IIRC.

Honestly I don't remember ABL. You know, on most local courts I see that womens are using size 7 balls. Girls form local junior club (13-16 years old) train using size 6, but they prefer to play scrimmages with 3x3 ball. Times changes, womens are stronger so additional 50 grams of weight shouldn't make any differences for them and adaptation to new weight should be easy.

4r2eer.png

15 hours ago, sayahh said:

Thanks for that interestinf factoid.

I don't think that they would want to switch to a heavier ball, though, if that's the size and weight they've playing with likely since organized basketball in high school or earlier. Which reminds me: do you remember the WNBA rival league, the ABL?  They differed in that they used size 7 balls, IIRC.

Yes, Columbus Quest won the league both years that they  played (96/97 and 97/98). unfortunately they had Reebok, who did block numbers for the first year and then the brand wide font the next year.

Smith To Be Inducted Into Women's Basketball Hall Of Fame | WCBE 90.5 FM

Colorado Xplosion, the state's first pro women's basketball team, helped  change the sport

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived