WNBA 2021

1 minute ago, QCS said:

I know, it works great for the Liberty. I love their whole look, but man does it rub me the wrong way that even for a second I got it confused with the Hornets.

Well the Buzz City unis are the Hornets best look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MJWalker45 said:

Well the Buzz City unis are the Hornets best look.

I mean they really aren't, but that's not the point. The point is that because of Nike's brand dilution I got a team with its own unique color scheme mixed up with my favorite team that has its own unique and iconic color scheme. That's an issue.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 minute ago, QCS said:

I mean they really aren't, but that's not the point. The point is that because of Nike's brand dilution I got a team with its own unique color scheme mixed up with my favorite team that has its own unique and iconic color scheme. That's an issue.

Maybe that's their plan? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

Maybe that's their plan? 

If that's their plan I want none of it. Somebody please get me off Nike's wild ride.

Back on topic, glad the WNBA finally has some personality. I like a few of these designs (NY, LA, Connecticut) but some of the "Rebel" designs are a little too out-there for my tastes. That Stranger Things jersey in particular is an egregious mess.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Rounding out the trio is the Storm Nike Rebel Edition, telling the story about the city of Seattle and what it represents to the team. In celebration of the city’s lineage of political engagement, the Storm’s Nike Rebel Edition Jersey centers a sash-like swoop across the chest, the back and down the shorts, symbolizing female empowerment coupled with bold, graphic type in well-worn relief.

Um... okay? That’s a very long-winded way to say very little. I live here and I’m still trying to figure out what the black jersey has to do with the city, political engagement OR women’s empowerment. 

The typeface kind of looks like a BLM poster which is totally fine with me, just have the courage to be upfront about it.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

6 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Um... okay? That’s a very long-winded way to say very little. I live here and I’m still trying to figure out what the black jersey has to do with the city, political engagement OR women’s empowerment. 

The typeface kind of looks like a BLM poster which is totally fine with me, just have the courage to be upfront about it.

Yeah, as a local, I have no idea what they're going for there. Maybe I'm not local enough.

However, Stranger Things aside, the league looks awesome. Like, far far better than I could imagined. We all assumed they'd be stuck in templates for forever, but this is really quite a turnaround. Nicely done, WNBA.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I DIED laughing when I saw these, not because of the design but because I had LITERALLY* just been doing research into how many college teams wore that font back in the '90s.  (For the uninitiated, it was a Reebok thing.)

*ok, not literally, it was a couple of days ago

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

30 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I DIED laughing when I saw these, not because of the design but because I had LITERALLY* just been doing research into how many college teams wore that font back in the '90s.  (For the uninitiated, it was a Reebok thing.)

All the ABL teams wore that reebok font in year 2, as well. Paying homage to both Stranger Things and women's basketball pioneers, how thoughtful. 

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Nike WNBA 2021 Uniform Editions  12

So, do the Indiana teams have a rule that one uniform must be based on TV shows or movies? 

0W0NBR9.jpg

fs0M0Zw.jpg

U0gKPfM.jpg

FAbMHQe.jpg

DLcv9JP.jpg

QLOsh2F.jpg

JN9Rs90.jpg

My favorite part of this is every team having their own identity again. And different short patterns! It's a small thing but it's been missing since adidas and Nike took over. I'm not really surprised to see the sponsor logos stay, but they should have set the lower sponsor on a single line instead of stacking them like with Phoenix and Chicago. That Fry's logo will disappear when tucked in to the beltline. The league anniversary logo is made to fit the design too, which is a smart move, though I think they could have enlarged it a little more. 

They went back to having REAL uniforms . . .

about-time.gif

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The Aces look like they got a better developed Toronto chevron short.  I like the patterned diamonds there.  It may go all the way down, but it’s still better than the chevron shorts. The Toronto shorts aren’t bad, they just have a bad redundant design. 

2 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

*ok, not literally, it was a couple of days ago

The Atlanta Hawks say hello ...

show-photo.jpg?id=1919525&cache=false 130279887-atlanta-hawks-v-sacramento-kin 51643373-850x560.jpeg493657.0.jpg 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

The Atlanta Hawks say hello ...

show-photo.jpg?id=1919525&cache=false 130279887-atlanta-hawks-v-sacramento-kin 51643373-850x560.jpeg493657.0.jpg 

Thanks for pointing that out, I had forgotten about it.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

It feels so damn good to see the WNBA’s teams finally have identities again. And every team has gone back to having home (white) uniforms again as well.

Phoenix has, probably, my favorite overall set. Like that there are a couple of nods to the Suns, nice and appropriate gradient for the road set. The alternate could have been better, but the flames on the sides are kinda cool.

The Las Vegas Aces alternate is amazing. I wish that had a matching home set, it’s too great not to be their primary.

I am not the audience for the Stranger Things jersey, but the Fever's set looks a lot better when you can actually see the side panel design than in some of the flat images. (I do wish they'd just use the Fever script on the jerseys, though.)

6fQjS3M.png

I'm glad thats there's actual uniforms again. Most of them look great too! I don't know what's going on in Phoenix but I really love all of them, all of the home and away uniforms. But I don't love the dumb rebel alts or whatever name it is. Some are better than others, like I wish the Liberty's jersey just said Liberty or something, I think the Aces could look okay with some tweaks, but others are just complete swings and misses. The Sky don't have a powder blue and yellow uniform? That's one of the worst mistakes they couldve made. The black uniform is good, but make that the alt and use the gorgeous blue and yellow as your primary away. I think the Liberty should do the same thing and swap mint for their away and black for their alternate, Phoenix should have an orange and purple uniform, they don't need a black uniform and certainly don't need a gradient. I think this obviously a 1000% upgrade but I really wish we could've left the unnecessary alts behind. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I like Seattle. It’s like an evolution or deconstructed Sonics look. The new word marks leave a little bit to be desired but not bad. The green and gold set is better than the home whites. That’s kind of normal though. 

The Sparks logo looks like they changed it after they ok’d the uniforms. They have a nice set. The alternate is just extra to me. 

Wait, did the Fever keep the generic Nike number font from the template look?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived