WNBA 2021

This "Victory" Collar look almost same as Adidas Rev30 V-neck.

On 4/4/2021 at 7:26 AM, kimball said:

Those have to be uncomfortable. I could imagine the wedgie they could create after a jump shot.

Of course I can't prove that by myself but I heard few podcasts with Polish players and mostly they said there is no difference between skirts or standard uniforms although I don't remember last time when I see skirts in game.

4r2eer.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, kimball said:

Those have to be uncomfortable. I could imagine the wedgie they could create after a jump shot.

Players wear compression shorts as a base layer all the time. What's the difference?

33 minutes ago, keynote said:

Players wear compression shorts as a base layer all the time. What's the difference?

Unless you're wearing suspenders on your compression shorts then it's a pretty clear difference. 

I'm a big fan of WNBA pulling off unique uniforms for each team. I can't believe the league waited 25 years to do this. I hope the "heroine" and "explorer" uniforms won't be a one-off, simply because it's the 25th anniversary of the league.

Though sadly, we won't see something like these for great defunct teams like the Houston Comets, San Antonio (Silver) Stars, Sacramento Monarchs, and Detroit Shock, unless they come back to life.

A Detailed Look at The New 2021 WNBA Uniforms from Nike

April 9, 2021 - 19:41 PM

The Women’s National Basketball Association unveiled all of their new 2021 team uniforms from Nike on Thursday — all of the new looks include improved jersey cuts, the restoration of player numbers and large team logos on the front (at the expense of advertiser space… thank you!), as well as

Read More...

As a Seattle Storm fan, I'm gonna miss the all yellow set that they won recent championships in. But the new sets are nice.   Especially the green & yellow jersey.  I can handle the BFBS alternate as long as it doesn't block out green and yellow games often.  

I am super happy the league is de-emphasizing sponsors on the front of the jerseys. The Storm used to look like the Swedish Hospital Verizons to those who would have seen them in a vacuum.

Also I still have a soft spot for the 90s Stranger Things-esque number font. I’m not sure if they still do but Lewis-Clark State College had that font deep into the 00s.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 4/8/2021 at 5:38 PM, pepis21 said:

This "Victory" Collar look almost same as Adidas Rev30 V-neck.

Of course I can't prove that by myself but I heard few podcasts with Polish players and mostly they said there is no difference between skirts or standard uniforms although I don't remember last time when I see skirts in game.

There are several sports in which skirts are fairly common attire. Tennis, field hockey, and ultimate come to mind. I don’t see how it would be any less comfortable than shorts.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is solid work by Nike across the board.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

https://time.com/5954958/wnba-dallas-wings-nike-rebel-jersey-controversy/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-article&utm_term=sports_basketball&fbclid=IwAR3K3SnY-k6Y_bKAP8DZUKZeInfrtLR1KMecyXrcAIW1woHb5-FnK3DVhyc

Dallas will not be wearing their Rebel uniforms this year due to the organization it represents did not allow black female pilots. They will try to put together a new Rebel edition uniform for this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://time.com/5954958/wnba-dallas-wings-nike-rebel-jersey-controversy/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-article&utm_term=sports_basketball&fbclid=IwAR3K3SnY-k6Y_bKAP8DZUKZeInfrtLR1KMecyXrcAIW1woHb5-FnK3DVhyc

Dallas will not be wearing their Rebel uniforms this year due to the organization it represents did not allow black female pilots. They will try to put together a new Rebel edition uniform for this year.

That's unfortunate. From a design standpoint, it is a solid looking uniform. But, this just goes to show how much just a little bit of research can go. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

17 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

How in the world did this get by everyone on the design and production team?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

How in the world did this get by everyone on the design and production team?

They focused on the locality of the unit, but not the other things they should have. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived