Sign in to follow this  
oldschoolvikings

Bengals new uniforms - what I think they'll do vs. what I would do

Recommended Posts

So we've all seen the leaks of the Bengals black and orange jerseys. Based on those leaks, I thought I'd take a guess on what the rest of the uniform will be. Since they keep emphasizing the terms clean and simple, and those were the same terms that got thrown around a few years back in the Jaguars redesign, I'm guessing the Bengals will go a similar route.  The lack of the "B" logo anywhere on the jersey, as well as the teams insistence that the B is still their primary logo leads me to guess that it'll be on the hip of the pants. Stripe-less pants are definitely a current Nike signature, as well as three pants options. Also, although I'm not a fan, the solid color sock is where teams seem to be going. So based on all that, this is my guess. As always, I have zero inside knowledge, and zero psychic abilities, so it's only a guess.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although the above uniform would be IMO leaps above what they're currently wearing, I would still have major problems with it. I don't need orange pants, I hate the leotard matching color sock and pants combos, I'm not a huge fan of stripe-less pants, and I'd prefer not to have plain black stripes on a white background. So, keeping the leaked orange and black jerseys intact, here is the route I'd go...

 

spacer.png

 

As always, thoughts appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd guess (based on nothing but my gut) that your second concept is closer to what's going to happen. I suppose stripeless pants are kind of a trend but I think the "New Stripes" are going to go beyond just three stripes on each shoulder. I'd guess there will orange pants, too, particularly given that black stripes on orange just makes so much sense (but I beg them not to go orange/orange/orange).

 

I'll guess the pants design will be more like your black pants (i.e., no one-color stripe going all the way to the bottom). White pants with black stripes, no orange. Orange/black pants with no white.  I'd guess three thinner stripes without the short side-panel like portion at the top of the pants.

 

I hope I'm right. Those stripeless pants stick out like a sore thumb and the "B" just isn't worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Although the above uniform would be IMO leaps above what they're currently wearing, I would still have major problems with it. I don't need orange pants, I hate the leotard matching color sock and pants combos, I'm not a huge fan of stripe-less pants, and I'd prefer not to have plain black stripes on a white background. So, keeping the leaked orange and black jerseys intact, here is the route I'd go...

 

spacer.png

 

As always, thoughts appreciated.

I like your version MUCH better than what we might expect. I don't know if I would want the full length stripe on the white pants. It seems inconsistent with the stripe on the black pants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Be better with block numbers, number fonts far too much like the Bears, a tiger is mostly orange, orange jersey, black numbers & shoulder stripes, white pants, black socks for home, then  white jersey, black numbers, orange pants, black socks for away, alternate could be similar to the white color rush they have now, helmet stays as is....but this to me still looks too much like the Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jymp said:


Be better with block numbers, number fonts far too much like the Bears, a tiger is mostly orange, orange jersey, black numbers & shoulder stripes, white pants, black socks for home, then  white jersey, black numbers, orange pants, black socks for away, alternate could be similar to the white color rush they have now, helmet stays as is....but this to me still looks too much like the Browns.

 

You could argue that they've looked too much like the Browns for about 55 years now, and since that's longer than a lot of people have even been paying attention, it's almost just as easy to say that the Browns look like them. 

 

To me, this is like the Wisconsin/Nebraska discussion... two teams pointing at each other saying "You change! No, you change!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

You could argue that they've looked too much like the Browns for about 55 years now, and since that's longer than a lot of people have even been paying attention, it's almost just as easy to say that the Browns look like them. 

 

To me, this is like the Wisconsin/Nebraska discussion... two teams pointing at each other saying "You change! No, you change!"

Yes, exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On your version of the Bengals, I’m surprised you kept the option for Black pants, knowing your general stance on that option for teams. But, I feel like the Bengals are a team that could get away with having white pants as their only set of pants.

 

I’d be in favor of ditching them, and instead, have black socks as an alternate option for their sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this