Jump to content

2021-2022 International Club Soccer Kits


Recommended Posts

Liverpool away is the current leader for me, that color scheme is beautiful and distinctive and feels Liverpooly but fresh at the same time. 
 

(That’s a fortunate difference between their away and Arsenal; both feel like a slightly weird color scheme for its own sake, but in Arsenal’s case it does bring the kit down.)
 

Meanwhile Man Utd is going too basic. Feels teamwear to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Digby said:

Liverpool away is the current leader for me, that color scheme is beautiful and distinctive and feels Liverpooly but fresh at the same time. 
 

(That’s a fortunate difference between their away and Arsenal; both feel like a slightly weird color scheme for its own sake, but in Arsenal’s case it does bring the kit down.)
 

Meanwhile Man Utd is going too basic. Feels teamwear to me.

New Manchester United 21/22 Home Kit

There's a slight pattern on these jerseys. The most annoying bit is that these simply look like a recolored NYCFC uniform, minus the logos inside the striping patterns. 

New York City FC 2021 Home Kit Released - Footy Headlines

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Here's an interesting one: Serie A bans clubs from wearing predominantly green kits, starting in 2022-23

 

Apparently they're worried about outfield players blending in with the grass, mostly on TV.

 

It's a fair concern.

 

I like to call the Sounders' all green road set their camo kit:

x720.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2021 at 1:50 AM, TampaBayRays1fan said:

Liverpool Away  21/22

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'L.F.C. Exp standard chartered'

Gorgeous kit. Good enough to tempt me to buy it during the season they wear it (I usually try and wait until after the season to get good deals). Glad we get a good looking change kit after that abomination of a home kit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TampaBayRays1fan said:

Arsenal kit 21/22Image

 

Looks better on a person than it does lying flat, but would look better still without the Ajax side panels.

(and yes, I know they're a reference to a 1990s Arsenal kit with white sides, but that looked like Ajax too)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 8:31 PM, officeglenn said:

Here's an interesting one: Serie A bans clubs from wearing predominantly green kits, starting in 2022-23

 

Apparently they're worried about outfield players blending in with the grass, mostly on TV.

 

Apparently it only applies to change kits. If a club has green as part of its traditional colours - Sassuolo for example - it's exempted from this ruling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

Looks better on a person than it does lying flat, but would look better still without the Ajax side panels.

(and yes, I know they're a reference to a 1990s Arsenal kit with white sides, but that looked like Ajax too)

Yeah, even though the side panels are a reference to ‘98-00, they’re still the worst part of the shirt and IMO the only thing dragging it down a bit. That said, the full kit looks fantastic with the hooped socks:

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, even though the side panels are a reference to ‘98-00, they’re still the worst part of the shirt and IMO the only thing dragging it down a bit. That said, the full kit looks fantastic with the hooped socks:

spacer.png


The hooped socks are amazing. 

 

Honestly, the whole thing is amazing except for the white Ajax panels. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 9:19 PM, Bruhammydude said:

As a guy who doesn't watch soccer but watches American football, I've never had trouble with a green uniform on grass before

I understand that there are people that have conflicts seeing red and green together due to certain types of color blindness, but tossing out that color altogether seems like an overreaction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I understand that there are people that have conflicts seeing red and green together due to certain types of color blindness, but tossing out that color altogether seems like an overreaction. 

 

La Gazzetto dello Sport is reporting the new rule won't apply to home kits, only away and third kits. 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, officeglenn said:

 

La Gazzetto dello Sport is reporting the new rule won't apply to home kits, only away and third kits. 🤷‍♂️

That still ruins things for teams that traditionally have change kits in green, but that's not as bad as forcing teams to change their home look. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.