2021-2022 International Club Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

Not really kit related, but probably one of the biggest stories of the season and thought it was worth a mention. The man who I never thought would don a shirt other than the blaugrana. Now he is looking for a new home as an agreement could not be reached with Barca due to financial regulations.

spacer.png

Hard to believe the degradation of Barcelona as a team and as a brand honestly. When I was getting into soccer they were the unquestioned best in the world, when you thought soccer, you though Barça. Even the final Messi years they have been a shell of their former selves in terms of team quality. They haven’t been the best team in the world for six years and counting and it may be a long time before they are ever considered so again. 

Will we look back on them letting Neymar leave as one of the biggest transfer mistakes of all time?

• Like 1

spacer.png

Latest writeup for the mothership includes: 

• 🇫🇷 Bordeaux home & away
  • 🇫🇷 Lorient third
  • 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Norwich City third
  • 🇮🇹 AC Spezia home, away & third
  • 🇮🇹 Cagliari third
  • 🇮🇹 Sampdoria away
  • 🇮🇹 Genoa CFC third
  • 🇩🇪 Hertha Berlin third

EDIT: Also a full 🇫🇷 Ligue 1 kit rundown, if you're into that sort of thing. Same for 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Premier League, 🇩🇪 Bundesliga and 🇪🇸 La Liga should be up before they kick off this weekend, and for 🇮🇹 Serie A before they start on Aug. 21.

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 12:22 PM, Crabcake said:

Hard to believe the degradation of Barcelona as a team and as a brand honestly. When I was getting into soccer they were the unquestioned best in the world, when you thought soccer, you though Barça. Even the final Messi years they have been a shell of their former selves in terms of team quality. They haven’t been the best team in the world for six years and counting and it may be a long time before they are ever considered so again. 

Will we look back on them letting Neymar leave as one of the biggest transfer mistakes of all time?

I think it could be a rough go for Barca in the years to come. They are coming off decades of dominance both in Spain and Europe, are in a poor situation financially for the foreseeable future, and just let go the best player the world has seen. I could very easily see a situation where they devolve into AC Milan and perhaps they remain competitive in Spain, but they could easily get left behind in Europe. It’s not as attractive of a spot for players as it used to be.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I think it could be a rough go for Barca in the years to come. They are coming off decades of dominance both in Spain and Europe, are in a poor situation financially for the foreseeable future, and just let go the best player the world has seen. I could very easily see a situation where they devolve into AC Milan and perhaps they remain competitive in Spain, but they could easily get left behind in Europe. It’s not as attractive of a spot for players as it used to be.

I think this is what you'll see. Barca are still stronger than any team in Spain not named Real Madrid. The biggest immediate problem is how many of their current players are paid way too much money. Messi will make over $1.5 million a week at PSG, at a minimum. For a team that's losing money like a tire with multiple spikes in it, they couldn't keep him in without the loan that got denied or the Super League going ahead as they'd hoped. Their biggest problem is how they're set up. Had they not tried to prove they made money every year in the 1980's Spain would have forced them to become basically a LLC.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Latest writeup for the mothership includes:

• 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Arsenal third
  • 🇩🇪 Bayer Leverkusen third
  • 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Rangers third
  • 🇮🇹 Cagliari away
  • 🇮🇹 Udinese home
  • 🇮🇹 Salernitana home & away
  • 🇮🇹 Empoli home, away & third

Also a full preview of Bundesliga kits ahead of their kickoff this weekend.

• Like 1

Perth Glory (Australia) with a 25th anniversary crest.   It's not good, but neither is their current.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

11 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Fenerbache third kit leaked with the new PUMA 3rd design. I don't hate it & I get the concept, but this should be more of a fan jersey rather than an on pitch one. 

These are only slightly better than the time Nike used the same template for their European teams, just changing the side stripes and collars. 

jersey manchester united 2014,sirpizzaky.comOfficial Inter Shirt, 2014/15 - Signed by Mauro Icardi - CharityStars

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Puma's only gone and bloody done it: 10 new third kits all using the same template

• Manchester City (Premier League)
  • AC Milan (Serie A)
  • OIympique Marseille (Ligue 1)
  • Stade Rennais (Ligue 1)
  • Valencia (La Liga)
  • Borussia Mönchengladbach (Bundesliga)
  • PSV Eindhoven (Dutch Eredivisie)
  • Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukrainian Premier League)
  • Krasnodar (Russian Premier League)
  • Fenerbahçe (Turkish Süper Lig)

Man City, par example:

puma-third-kits-5-450x450.jpg