2021-2022 International Club Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

Bayern announced a Wiesn (Oktoberfest) inspired 4th kit to be worn this weekend against Bochum.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The socks have a cool pattern:

spacer.png

The last Oktoberfest kit they had was 13/14 with this design, which was much more apparent in its inspiration. It had wooden style collar buttons, a woven pattern on the shirt, and embellishments on the adidas stripes. The new design seems more casually inspired. I quite like it.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Bayern wore their new green and gold Oktoberfest kit today. Similar to their 120th anniversary kit, the shirt was a replica, and not the authentic HEAT.RDY or whatever Adidas is calling it these days. You can tell from the straight hem (authentic has a tapered cut), the embroidered logos and adidas stripes, and that players like Leroy Sané were wearing short sleeves with base layers when he always wears true long sleeves. It was paired with the authentic black shorts from the away kit. I really enjoyed the socks design.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

The Daily Mail is reporting that a review of gambling legislation in the UK may include a ban on front-of-shirt advertising for football clubs starting in 2023. This would currently affect nine Premier League clubs and six Championship clubs, as well as teams in the Scottish Premiership.

Here's my writeup on it for the mothership.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, officeglenn said:

The Daily Mail is reporting that a review of gambling legislation in the UK may include a ban on front-of-shirt advertising for football clubs starting in 2023. This would currently affect nine Premier League clubs and six Championship clubs, as well as teams in the Scottish Premiership.

Here's my writeup on it for the mothership.

This as American leagues, teams, media outlets, and seemingly everyone else involved with sports is rushing to make deals with sports gambling companies.

"We’re bombarded by gambling adverts and that has to stop."

Maybe we should pay attention to the country that tried all of this a few decades before us?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Waffles said:

This as American leagues, teams, media outlets, and seemingly everyone else involved with sports is rushing to make deals with sports gambling companies.

Here's a piece from August that examines how and why sports gambling companies are getting into the Premier League: http://josimarfootball.com/the-trillion-dollar-gambling-game/  I'm sure it isn't much different in North America.

• Like 1

Inter Milan wore their away kits against Shaktar Donetsk in Champions League play today, but they were without the snake graphic that was present when officially unveiled. This was likely to comply with UEFA equipment regulations. The sponsor logo was also modified. Here's my writeup on it for the mothership.

Fiorentina v Inter (Tuesday, Sept. 21 - Serie A)

inter-v-fiorentina.jpg

Shaktar v Inter (Tuesday, Sept. 28 - Champions League)

featured-750-5.png

The Australian leagues known as the A-League (men), W-League (women), and Y-League (youth) are renaming to be under the umbrella of the "A-Leagues": A-League Men, A-League Women, A-League Youth.

• Like 1

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Inter Milan wore their away kits against Shaktar Donetsk in Champions League play today, but they were without the snake graphic that was present when officially unveiled. This was likely to comply with UEFA equipment regulations. The sponsor logo was also modified. Here's my writeup on it for the mothership.

Fiorentina v Inter (Tuesday, Sept. 21 - Serie A)

Shaktar v Inter (Tuesday, Sept. 28 - Champions League)

Not sure whether the snake graphic or the crypto sponsor is the more corny element, but in both cases UEFA is saving a once proud club from themselves. 

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 9/28/2021 at 5:56 PM, -kj said:

The Australian leagues known as the A-League (men), W-League (women), and Y-League (youth) are renaming to be under the umbrella of the "A-Leagues": A-League Men, A-League Women, A-League Youth.

logo sucks, but I’m glad that the men’s league isn’t named as the default anymore. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

AS Roma releases what they call a "fourth kit" despite it being only the third kit they've unveiled for 2021-22:

Note the 1997-2013 crest on the front with the "ASR" monogram, and the tonal pattern of wolves' heads.