2021-2022 International Club Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

4 hours ago, QCS said:

It's always funny to me when a soccer club outside of the States/Canada upgrades their crest by improving it in like every way and the fans are livid because it doesn't include a poorly drawn lion/bird/crown/whatever that's been there since like 1890. Such a different world compared to how the US does it.

Sighs in Barcelona

• Like 4

On 11/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, QCS said:

It's always funny to me when a soccer club outside of the States/Canada upgrades their crest by improving it in like every way and the fans are livid because it doesn't include a poorly drawn lion/bird/crown/whatever that's been there since like 1890. Such a different world compared to how the US does it.

I guess that's due to the background that sports have in each country. In the USA, sports are much more of a commercial/entertainment entity, while European clubs often have older roots and are more closely tied to the geography/community/social class they were founded around. Change is a part of American sports, tradition is (largely) more prevalent in European/UK sports. I could be wrong, but that is at least how I interpret it.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

The big problem with the Norwich logo is the removal of the black. Those shades of yellow and green don't contrast enough and the whole thing looks a bit washed out.

I'm generally very supportive of football clubs upgrading their historic logos with what are effectively modern redraws, but they either needed to retain the black outline or deepen the green to get adequate contrast.

The launch display with the hanging flag sort of texture over it just amplifies this lack of contrast issue. 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 11:28 AM, QCS said:

Paging Watford

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 2021-11-26 at 2:45 AM, El Scorcho said:

The big problem with the Norwich logo is the removal of the black. Those shades of yellow and green don't contrast enough and the whole thing looks a bit washed out.

I'm generally very supportive of football clubs upgrading their historic logos with what are effectively modern redraws, but they either needed to retain the black outline or deepen the green to get adequate contrast.

The launch display with the hanging flag sort of texture over it just amplifies this lack of contrast issue. 

I don't think there is a issue with the colours, but if they wanted, they could have lightened the yellow - They did play in lighter shades in the 1980s.

But they really needed to get rid of the black from that logo - along with the ugly renderings of the castle and lion, it was one of the two major problems with the crest and it's good that they've finally done something about it. Also, Norwich dropped the black shorts in 1971 and in modern times, white has been used as a third colour more often than black and was used for the beloved Bird-S*** Kit.
spacer.png
Majestic.

• Like 1

So here's something that's bonkers in the best possible way: Sportswear company Charly has teamed up with Mexican professional wrestling promotion AAA to create lucha libre-inspired third kits for six Liga MX clubs they outfit. Charly and AAA have also created a luchador character for each of the clubs:

Here's my writeup on it for the mothership.

My favourite has to be Pachuca. Their nickname is Los Tuzos ("the Gophers") — which I believe came from their origins as a collection of mine workers — so their luchador's name is Super Tuzo and he has big gopher teeth on his mask!

No word yet on if the luchadors will actually wrestle in an AAA ring, but AAA also has an agreement with Marvel and has been putting on matches featuring Marvel-inspired characters at recent shows.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

seems rather silly to me that they did this. It just screams, "I need attention, and my kid did something cool so I'm telling everyone". I feel like this wouldn't happen with Neymar or even Mbappe. He didn't even win based on his time with PSG, which in league play has been abysmal.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

When they sell Mbappe he'll have 10 again.

Mbappe doesn’t wear #10, though… It would take a whole sequence of # changes for that to happen. Also, Neymar offered the 10 to Messi when he arrived but Messi declined and opted to take the #30 that he wore in the early days at Barça. It was Messi’s choice, so I don’t understand the problem with it. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 12/3/2021 at 9:09 AM, officeglenn said:

he has big gopher teeth on his mask!

I wasn't aware that Kevin Dunn had decided to step into the ring.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Mbappe doesn’t wear #10, though… It would take a whole sequence of # changes for that to happen. Also, Neymar offered the 10 to Messi when he arrived but Messi declined and opted to take the #30 that he wore in the early days at Barça. It was Messi’s choice, so I don’t understand the problem with it. 

In France, 1,16, 30 are traditionally saved for goalkeepers. To the point that Messi needed an exemption to wear 30.

That's the problem with it.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

20 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

In France, 1,16, 30 are traditionally saved for goalkeepers. To the point that Messi needed an exemption to wear 30.

That's the problem with it.

Yeah I don’t care, it’s Messi. 30 was available, it’s the number he wanted, and the league rightfully granted him the exemption. 

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Premier League granted a similar exemption to Ronaldo to let him wear 7. They both get (and deserve, frankly) special treatment after the amount of legendary football they’ve played for us over the years. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Here's a weird one ... Atalanta BC in Serie A released their annual Christmas jersey yesterday, featuring a skyline silhouette at the bottom. But now people on social media are claiming the skyline used is not from Bergamo, where the club is based, and instead from Turin. See the replies to this ...

... or check out my writeup on the mothership.