Tennessee Titans Uniform Discussion

26 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.png

For me, this is one of the few cases where I absolutely loved the yoke. Remove the helmet stripe (or have a single blue the same with as the blue on the pants?) and this set was just fine as is. Only major gripe is the font style can be hard to read with certain numbers.

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Nike slimmed up the yoke, didn't they? I think it looked better in the initial design:

Screen-Shot-2018-10-17-at-1.57.54-PM.png

gettyimages-497905.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop

Its probably just something to do with the myriad of different cuts Nike has rather than consciously slimming the yoke.

2 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Its probably just something to do with the myriad of different cuts Nike has rather than consciously slimming the yoke.

It was absolutely conscious on the part of nike when they took over the uniform contract. What this photo does not show is that like the broncos, bengals, and others had their jersey designs absolutely butcherded over time as rb/ripon created a host of templates that did not suit the original designs well at all. The last few years of the rbk era saw teams like the titans taking the field with crazy variances between yoke shape, sleeve logo sizing etc. that were beyond an eyesore on field. While nike slimmed and straightened the yoke insert it was as welcome return to uniformity for them and other franchises to get onto the nike template.

Bonus points for the long sleeved rams db's in the background of the photo.

52 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Those Titans uniforms were perfect, except for the stupid number font.

I'll see your Titans and raise you.

suwa4ltuy2zovkmaahso.jpg

"You can't have a face mask penalty if you don't have face mask to begin with."

I saw, I came, I left.

Not to continue the Titan-jack, but they’d have been perfect if they stuck with the old style but thickened the yoke a bit like their original design, matched the helmet stripes to the pants, and chose a new number font. With the right combos, those tweaks would make them one of the better designs in the league. I also like the way their colors look with the matte Nike fabrics rather than the shiny Reebok style. Their current design is a total miss. The only aspect I kinda like is the sword style yolk on the shoulders. The rest is rough.

6 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.png

I'll admit, these look great. But I've always thought of a yoke as something that includes the nameplate, but maybe that's wrong. Either way, if the Bengals did this exactly in orange with black stripes, it would look great. But the stripes on the leaks would extend past this design. And if an orange yoke was made to extend far enough to include those stripes, I think it would like far more like their last uniforms than these Titans ones.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I once called this the worst uniform in the league. I couldn't have been more wrong.

They call that there "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone..."

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 3/15/2021 at 3:08 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

I once called this the worst uniform in the league. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Yup.  I always liked the last Titans set.  I wouldn't have minded if they just evolved it a bit with a few tweaks, but now we're stuck with a look that is a downgrade in pretty much every way.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:08 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

The most annoying part of the Titans uniforms for me has always been the helmet logo. The sword "T" would be perfect.

5 minutes ago, Jungle Jim said:

The most annoying part of the Titans uniforms for me has always been the helmet logo. The sword "T" would be perfect.

What's especially dumb about the current uniforms is that the shoulders are supposed to mimic the sword T, yet the logo itself is nowhere to be seen. Job well done, Titans.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Jungle Jim said:

100% agree. The logo is just plain bad, and the white helmet made it really stick out. I like the navy helmet they have now because it brings less attention to the logo

I looked at the Titans as having a thick stripe rather than a colored yoke, but I think yoke would also have been accurate.  IMO, any insert that spans the shoulders is a yoke regardless of how far down it goes. Most of my dress shirts have yokes, and the panel certainly doesn’t go down as far as where a NOB would be but it’s still a yoke. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

Personally I think if you can have a logo showing some sort of motion (i.e. the flames flying from the back of the logo), it's going to look better on a helmet than a static logo, even if on its own it isn't as strong of a logo.

I like the Bucs ship logo more than the sword & flag, but I think the flag works better on the helmet. Same with the flying Elvis compared to a modernized Pat in the 3 point stance.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Personally I think if you can have a logo showing some sort of motion (i.e. the flames flying from the back of the logo), it's going to look better on a helmet than a static logo, even if on its own it isn't as strong of a logo.

I like the Bucs ship logo more than the sword & flag, but I think the flag works better on the helmet. Same with the flying Elvis compared to a modernized Pat in the 3 point stance.

Well-said. The flaming thumbtack is not my favorite logo by any means, but if there's anywhere that it actually works well, it's on a helmet where it's dynamic shape compliments the motion of the helmet.

spacer.png

Archived