European League Of Football Unveils Logo For Inaugural Season

European League Of Football Unveils Logo For Inaugural Season

March 24, 2021 - 20:53 PM

The European League of Football recently unveiled a new logo for its inaugural season, which is set to begin in June with eight teams from Germany, Poland and Spain playing American rules football. The league has rekindled the names of several former NFL Europe teams, including the Barcelona Dragons, Berlin

Read More...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m very happy the Frankfurt Galaxy are back, hopefully they keep the purple/orange scheme.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

It was announced earlier today the Barcelona Dragons are back, too. 

Kinda liked the 90s logo better, but this isn't awful. The font's missing the charm of the 90s modified-TNR look, IMO 

May be a cartoon of text that says 'BREAKING EUROPEAN LEAGUE OF FOOTBALL S BARCELONA DRAGONS Gladiators Footbal ebrands to Barcelona Dragons'

https://www.facebook.com/europeanleagueoffootball/photos/a.131058165489810/190193589576267/?type=3&theater

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/24/2021 at 6:32 PM, WSU151 said:

It was announced earlier today the Barcelona Dragons are back, too. 

Kinda liked the 90s logo better, but this isn't awful. The font's missing the charm of the 90s modified-TNR look, IMO 

May be a cartoon of text that says 'BREAKING EUROPEAN LEAGUE OF FOOTBALL S BARCELONA DRAGONS Gladiators Footbal ebrands to Barcelona Dragons'

https://www.facebook.com/europeanleagueoffootball/photos/a.131058165489810/190193589576267/?type=3&theater

Their 90s uniforms were a travesty but the logo was such a distinctive and unique dragon in comparison to this.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:29 PM, pepis21 said:

Panthers Wrocław (Actual Polish Champs):

spacer.png

Stuttgart Scorpions:

spacer.png

Not a fan of either of these. Scorpions are a perfect mascot for a badass logo and they make a cartoon helmet?

I don't think I like anything about that Carolina wannabe Panther either. Unnecessary gray streaks, uneven whiskers, and a face that looks like it was inbred at an underfunded zoo.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

That lion looks very familiar.

I immediately thought of the Sacramento Kings alt logo, which also uses a profiled lion with a crown. But it's not so similar that it would be considered too similar. 

spacer.png

21 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I immediately thought of the Sacramento Kings alt logo, which also uses a profiled lion with a crown. But it's not so similar that it would be considered too similar. 

spacer.png

I don't think that's it.  Probably clip art that's been used before. 

On 4/12/2021 at 12:56 PM, LogoFan said:

Unless they got an okay from the NFL prior to doing this, I can almost hear the clickity-clack of lawyer's keyboard preparing their suits for copyright infringement.  Because, NFL.

They said on Instagram that they have a deal with the NFL to use NFL Europe logos and teams.  

• 3 weeks later...

Leipzig changed their logo (still the Kings).  Stuttgart changed their name to the Surge with a much better lightning bolt logo.  Frankfurt Galaxy logo is a little different from the original.

Barcelona Dragons logo is not that good in my opinion.  Too cartoonish.

And I'm less a fan of the new Cologne Centurions logo.  I liked the original better.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived