Random soccer concepts by MCrosby - Leeds 4/27/22

mcrosby

10 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Also, which of these is better?
qcDddz7.png

I like the incorporation of the boat into the roundel logo, but it makes it look more like an acorn than a boat to me :/

Out of the two options, though, I really like the one on the right!

• Like 2

• mcrosby changed the title to Random soccer concepts by MCrosby - Ipswich Town 11/29/21

Or make the eyes blue?  I'm not sure it works for me overall, but that could help it.

That Ipswich crest is a big improvement for a club that doesn't deserve to look that nice. 🙃

• Like 1

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

For the Duisberg emblem, perhaps either making the ears separate or part of the M would work better, and making the S totally separate from the mane too. Also extending the mane up to the outside border and reflecting the bottom treatment of the muzzle might work.

As for the Ispwich crest, not sold on the rendering of the Suffolk Punch looking at it further. If the suffolk punch was human, it would be country strong and enter strongman competitions, with a well built midsection, while the one on the new crest gives the vibe of a professional bodybuilder with it's narrow body of hip.

Also I would try and keep the mane treatment from the original crest. The mane of a Suffolk Punch is often decorated for shows.
spacer.png

• Like 1

I'll have to spend some more time with MSV and Ipswich. The reason for the deep waist of the Suffolk Punch was to further accentuate the strong back leg. I'll see what I can do to find a good balance. 

Sutton United use chocolate and amber for their colorway and an amalgam of a few local coat of arms. I'm not the first and I won't be the last to swap the coat of arms for the poppinjay that tops it. I did swap out the cross it holds for a key from the previous crest. I considered tried going with a parakeet green and chocolate, but I'm not yet sold on the colorway, so for now the amber is just a bit brighter than usual. 

F7QLKMH.png

StJ8JUa.png

Sutton_United_F.C._logo.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The Sutton crest is spot on, cant think of anything to improve it. I would also stick with the shades of Chocolate and Amber the club uses, when they used a brighter amber in 2008-2009 the club were relagated and fans demanded a return to the traditional shade.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 11:19 PM, mcrosby said:

Here's one I'm not sold on. Help me fix it or convince me it's decent. Your call. 

I've seen this as a possibility since I first saw the MSV Duisburg crest, and many times I've tried making it work. This is the closest I've gotten. 
5NfVCzs.png

Maybe put a zebra on top of the logo? 

Soccer badge/ logo! | Logo design contest | 99designs

Or maybe the zebra head profile with the initials above it?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 4 months later...

I've been trying to figure out how to make a new Leeds United FC crest for a long time. I kept trying to make the York rose into a soccer ball into a peacock or something like that. 

I've finally landed on a pea-feather look, and switched up the colors because I've never been a fan of Leeds' shades of blue and yellow together. The eye of the feather is made up of a new LU monogram similar to the crests of the 70s and the chevrons of the current crest are flipped but remain along with the central cursive LUFC. I'm considering removing the LUFC and instead adding the full club name in a roundel around the feather a la Inter Miami. 

Full Project hereFRXP4V4WQAI3IoG?format=jpg&name=900x900

Leeds-United-Logo-History.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• mcrosby changed the title to Random soccer concepts by MCrosby - Leeds 4/27/22

Wow dude, brilliant stuff. Combining all of those elements from past Leeds badges is no simple task but you did it beautifully, creating something wholly unique and new. I love their current colors but yours are again unique and new, with a dash of class - that bronze color is something else. I'd rock that jersey in a heartbeat (and not just cause it's bird-themed). Only thing I'm not sold on is the cursive in the logo, but that's just because I hate all-caps script fonts (but I see why you did it).

Sutton is another gorgeous simplification. I'll parrot what I said above - bravo.

Ipswich is fantastic, really dig the wave pattern on the sleeves. Only way I could see it improved is if the tail was longer, and maybe turn his head to be a full 90' down (rather than tilted inward), to increase the negative space between his head and neck.

I'm not sure I can go back and comment on every one of your lovely designs, but thanks for sharing all this though, these are the high quality concepts I come here for. Hull City, Monaco, and Roma are all tops too.

• Love 1

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I like the peafowl feather idea! The updated LU monogram works wonderfully with it, and it looks really nice as the pattern on the white jersey! Your current Earthquakes-y away jersey is really nice as-is, though I'd love to see these feathers in non-tonal, randomized shades of green/teal/blue on that navy background...

I'm not sure the '90s Utah Jazz color scheme suits Leeds, though I concede that the current colors aren't ideal for this concept... Maybe '90s Brewers colors? It'd still look peafowl-y, plus it'd keep the royal+yellow to navy+gold pipeline going 🤪

As for the logo, I like the idea with the roundel, and the one on the right is a lot better IMO, but I think the composition could be improved if you split the difference, so the feather only pokes up within the roundel. That and smoothing out the bottom would help a lot.

That said, I think the stand-alone feather with LUFC is the best here, though maybe making it into a shield would be a pleasant shape?

I didn't say it at the time, but that Sutton logo is pure elegance; one of your best, and that's saying something! If I had any suggestion, it would be to try having the wing's outlines end in straight line terminals perpendicular to the body, rather than the round terminals you have.

For the Plymouth Argyle logo, the ribbon version is definitely my preference, and it's a really classy, modern design. I kinda agree with @TheGiantsFan that it looks acorn-y, so I'd suggest maybe shifting the hull downward and adding a second set of sails underneath the one you have?

Anyways, excellent work here as always!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, chestnutz said:

Wow dude, brilliant stuff. Combining all of those elements from past Leeds badges is no simple task but you did it beautifully, creating something wholly unique and new. I love their current colors but yours are again unique and new, with a dash of class - that bronze color is something else. I'd rock that jersey in a heartbeat (and not just cause it's bird-themed). Only thing I'm not sold on is the cursive in the logo, but that's just because I hate all-caps script fonts (but I see why you did it).

Sutton is another gorgeous simplification. I'll parrot what I said above - bravo.

Ipswich is fantastic, really dig the wave pattern on the sleeves. Only way I could see it improved is if the tail was longer, and maybe turn his head to be a full 90' down (rather than tilted inward), to increase the negative space between his head and neck.

I'm not sure I can go back and comment on every one of your lovely designs, but thanks for sharing all this though, these are the high quality concepts I come here for. Hull City, Monaco, and Roma are all tops too.

I very much appreciate the comments. I'm also not a fan of the cursive in the Leeds logo, but it seems to be much loved by Leeds fans and any other wordmark treatment requires the roundel. 

4 hours ago, vtgco said:

I like the peafowl feather idea! The updated LU monogram works wonderfully with it, and it looks really nice as the pattern on the white jersey! Your current Earthquakes-y away jersey is really nice as-is, though I'd love to see these feathers in non-tonal, randomized shades of green/teal/blue on that navy background...

I'm not sure the '90s Utah Jazz color scheme suits Leeds, though I concede that the current colors aren't ideal for this concept... Maybe '90s Brewers colors? It'd still look peafowl-y, plus it'd keep the royal+yellow to navy+gold pipeline going 🤪

As for the logo, I like the idea with the roundel, and the one on the right is a lot better IMO, but I think the composition could be improved if you split the difference, so the feather only pokes up within the roundel. That and smoothing out the bottom would help a lot.

That said, I think the stand-alone feather with LUFC is the best here, though maybe making it into a shield would be a pleasant shape?

I didn't say it at the time, but that Sutton logo is pure elegance; one of your best, and that's saying something! If I had any suggestion, it would be to try having the wing's outlines end in straight line terminals perpendicular to the body, rather than the round terminals you have.

For the Plymouth Argyle logo, the ribbon version is definitely my preference, and it's a really classy, modern design. I kinda agree with @TheGiantsFan that it looks acorn-y, so I'd suggest maybe shifting the hull downward and adding a second set of sails underneath the one you have?

Anyways, excellent work here as always!

Again, appreciate the comments, especially from someone as talented as yourself. I considered adding more color to the kit but Leeds are known for their clean white kits so I opted not to. Maybe I'll try something else as well. What did you think of the other kit on Behance?  I tried the Brewers Motre Bame colors but it gets pretty muddy and replacing the gold with yellow didn't really jive for me. I did put an original color version over on Behance. I also tried a shield shape but the feather is quickly lost to that and for some reason the tear-drop shape didn't sit well with me either. I honestly think the stand-alone feather/LUFC is probably the look I'll stick with. 

I agree with your Sutton and Argyle thoughts as well.  Here's a look at a full Sutton crest, but I've added a nice parrot green.  I generally hate gradients but thought this was fun. 
q7DqacJ.png