Random soccer concepts by MCrosby - Leeds 4/27/22

mcrosby

Instead of starting another series that I'll inevitably stop working on before it's complete I'm going to start a thread with less structure. Welcome to random kit and crest concepts. 

First up: My club, Tottenham Hotspur. The home white kit is inspired by Kintsugi, the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with gold resin. If Tottenham is in need of anything at the moment, it's a bit of golden resin to put the pieces together. The away kit is a classic look, inspired by some late 80s Spurs kits. The alt is just something I'd like to wear.  

5q4q94h649o61.png

• Like 11

And because I hate them but respect their graphic design: Arsenal. Home red is a modern yet simple take on their classic red with white sleeves. The away yellow is a refurbished version of their famous bruised banana look. The third purple kit is inspired by their old crest, adorned with ermine. I've also updated the crest to pull it out of the early 2000s styling. 

b4iclbnrkeo61.png

2JtwSI3.png

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, jbird669 said:

COYS!

As a fellow Tottenham supporter (and descendant of their namesake!) I'm loving the blue jersey. The other two are far too busy, IMO. But I appreciate the effort.

I tried figuring out how to do a Harry Hotspur kit, but no luck. I also messed with far more bland, lilywhite kits for the home but the MLS has really taken hold of all the white T looks. I find I really struggle to design for teams I root for, so I'm open to suggestions for Spurs. 

• Like 1

For Arsenal, the banana and ermines kits are excellent, no complaints. I like the idea for the home, but the white pattern eats too far into the red for my taste, IMO. Maybe have the red eat into the white of the sleeves instead? Also, the logo is an upgrade from the odd, bloated real logo, and I appreciate the retro callback with the ermines.

Your Tottenham jerseys are very pretty! I think that home jersey design (in different colors) would work well with your Washington Spirit concept you did a while back! The sorta mid-century style third would make a killer kit for Forward Madison, too, IMO. Not sure how I'd make them feel more Hotspur-y, but I'm no EPL fan.

Egypt's new logo is perfect. The jersey pattern is great too; I'd just like to see some collar or sleeve trim.

Excellent work as usual!

• Like 1

Guest darkpiranha
2 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Egypt: A new crest inspired by the Pharaohs nickname, includes Egypt in Arabic and the Eagle of Saladin. The kit's pattern is inspired by King Tut's sarcophagus. 
5ww1wz0bcwp61.png

This is perfection. Most elegant use of an Egyptian headress I've ever seen.

Udinese Calcio: Le Zebrette get an updated logo that keeps their chevron look and brings back the zebra. Add to that a probably far too wild kit and you've got a flashy new Seria A look. 

ty1nvmez93p61.png

Udinese-logo-history.jpg

Ajax Amsterdam: I remade the Ajax logo back in 2015, and I've cleaned it up even further for this. I may fix this one further, because looking at it now the helmet is far too small. 

c5fmjdgaigp61.png

• Like 16

The Egypt crest makes me think of Pharaoh Man in a good way.  I also think you pulled off Udinese's crest off very nicely, the U shape and the zebra face both register without looking corny.  And oddly enough, I also find myself wanting to wear your Tottenham third shirt.  Not 100% sure I could actually pull it off, but you never know til you try.

• Like 5

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm with Discrim, I'd wear the hell out of that Tottenham third (though I may tear off the crest). As an Arsenal supporter – love what you've done with the crest (you're right, it's totally stuck in mid-2000s. Not bad, just not inspiring). Agree with vtgco about the sleeves on the home, but those 2nd and 3rd are sublime. Seriously dig the Ajax kit too, great update on the crest and the XXX down the middle are a lovely touch.

Great work, love seeing what you come up with!

• Like 1

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Another Spurs fan here:

I don’t like the current home kit as much as the past couple, because there’s more going on the kits, the 17-18 and 19-20 kits are really plain and clean and I like that, so if this was the kit they actually released, I wouldn’t be too sure about it.

However, this is just a concept, and oh wow, I really like that home kit. It looks like one of those shirts a fancy designer would release, I like how the blue works with the gold. Great work. The Third kit is really good as well, and I appreciate the boldness of the away kit. 

Edit: I may have mixed up the third and the away kits, so that boldness is for the third kit I imagine.

Edited by JG36
  • Like 1

I wonder if you had Syracuse's old S on your mind during the design process, because that's what this reminds me of.  The Alps/bruised banana lovechild is a daring choice, to be sure.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

8 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I don't have plans for Man City at the moment, not sure how they got moved up to 'next'. 

Well, you have a knack of redesigning logos so I might be interested to see what can you come up with. Otherwise, take your time.

Guest darkpiranha

Switzerland is perfect.  Regarding Udinese Calico, has any team ever had a kit or jersey where each player had a unique pattern?  I'd love to see every player on the field with a different striping pattern.