kiwi_canadian

North American Rugby League

Recommended Posts

That Ottawa Aces logo looks really classy, and Toronto's is sort of a neat idea, although it looks like it may have borrowed some elements. The rest of them could use a lot of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, henburg said:

That Ottawa Aces logo looks really classy, and Toronto's is sort of a neat idea, although it looks like it may have borrowed some elements. The rest of them could use a lot of work.

 

The Toronto Wolfpack were in the English Rugby League system for 3+ years before being shutdown in the middle of the Super Legue last year. Shame they never got to play a Super League home game, but good to see them resurrected. Ottawa was also planned to be in that same English system. Unfortunately, the pandemic affected both of those plans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DEAD! said:

 

The Toronto Wolfpack were in the English Rugby League system for 3+ years before being shutdown in the middle of the Super Legue last year. Shame they never got to play a Super League home game, but good to see them resurrected. Ottawa was also planned to be in that same English system. Unfortunately, the pandemic affected both of those plans.

 

Honestly, the new owner would have been better served to have started with a new name. People are pissed at how things ended. Season seat money was not refunded, players weren't paid, ect. 

 

It was a really fun few years until Super League when it all fell apart hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wish they could have gottena  deal with a network people have heard of. FS2 would be a good fit, cause they already air rugby league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jer15 said:

Honestly, the new owner would have been better served to have started with a new name. People are pissed at how things ended. Season seat money was not refunded, players weren't paid, ect. 

 

It was a really fun few years until Super League when it all fell apart hard. 

I think they kind of got screwed over by the Super League. I don't think the Old Boys club there liked the way they cruised through the 3rd and 2nd division so easily and then were able to bring in one of the biggest names in rugby league/union to them. I don't think they wanted a team from the colonies coming in and possibly doing well and didn't give them a fighting chance. Once COVID hit, they used that as an excuse to get rid of them... Regardless, it was a fun few years and even though I'm not a league fan, I did enjoy watching them play and really enjoyed that Million Pound Game that they won to get promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 10:47 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

I think they kind of got screwed over by the Super League. I don't think the Old Boys club there liked the way they cruised through the 3rd and 2nd division so easily and then were able to bring in one of the biggest names in rugby league/union to them. I don't think they wanted a team from the colonies coming in and possibly doing well and didn't give them a fighting chance. Once COVID hit, they used that as an excuse to get rid of them... Regardless, it was a fun few years and even though I'm not a league fan, I did enjoy watching them play and really enjoyed that Million Pound Game that they won to get promotion.

I don’t disagree at all. 
 

Unfortunately I don’t think that’s necessarily the public opinion. 
Lots of comment on Twitter and Facebook about asking for money back. 
 

I am happy that there will be a team to go see again though. What a fun atmosphere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.