MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

Our First Look at Baseball’s 2021 Spring Training Logos

September 17, 2020 - 13:26 PM

I think we can all get behind looking towards 2021 as quickly as possible. Major League Baseball yesterday unveiled the logo for its 2021 Spring Training campaign as well as the individual Grapefruit League (Florida) and Cactus League (Arizona) logos. As with recent years, the Spring Training logos follow a

Read More...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them. I'm just happy these were released now, instead of December/January.

These local motifs of the last couple years are better than the more generic interstate signs from ~2015-2017.

Also, this news might be the first "2021 MLB Changes" news. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know that it wont happen until either a new stadium and or a sister-city deal (vomits typing that). But i would love to see some update to the Rays look. 

I would prefer the old Devil Rays look. But instead of black being used. It is replaced with a lighter shade of navy blue. 

So this. But the shade of navy blue a little lighter. Something that pulls from the left side of the "D" in Devil in the jersey. Maybe even having a slight hint of purple to the hue. 

Tampa Bay Rays Throwback Uniform — UNISWAG

6 hours ago, selgy said:

I know that it wont happen until either a new stadium and or a sister-city deal (vomits typing that). But i would love to see some update to the Rays look. 

I would prefer the old Devil Rays look. But instead of black being used. It is replaced with a lighter shade of navy blue. 

So this. But the shade of navy blue a little lighter. Something that pulls from the left side of the "D" in Devil in the jersey. Maybe even having a slight hint of purple to the hue. 

Tampa Bay Rays Throwback Uniform — UNISWAG

I've always thought that indigo would be a nice bridge between the current navy and the retro purple. Maybe have powder and gold as the primary and secondary and indigo as a trim/tertiary color.

3 hours ago, JayMac said:

I've always thought that indigo would be a nice bridge between the current navy and the retro purple. Maybe have powder and gold as the primary and secondary and indigo as a trim/tertiary color.

Yes. An indigo would be great. 

16 hours ago, JayMac said:

Maybe something like this
Phantom Blue: Indigo-Navy Color Meaning and Design Tips | Shutterstock
Wonder what that would look like replacing the navy blue? 

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'm still hoping Miami gets the proper tweaks and emphasizes the blue over the black.

I hope so too, but it's going to take some rather large "tweaks" to make that happen. The logos and wordmarks are super black heavy. Blue only really asserts itself in their spring training/BP uniform, but they need to redesign that to make it suitable for regular game use.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:27 PM, Marlins93 said:

I hope so too, but it's going to take some rather large "tweaks" to make that happen. The logos and wordmarks are super black heavy. Blue only really asserts itself in their spring training/BP uniform, but they need to redesign that to make it suitable for regular game use.

I saw some highlights of Miami in the black jerseys the other day and I don't even see how MLB approved those.  Can't read the wordmark, numbers, or NOB.

20 minutes ago, chakfu said:

I loved the shade of green they had.  Have we ever seen a green/blue/gold?

The Brewers tried that in the mid 90s. Not that my opinion counts for any. But the I think the colors and execution were terrible

Milwaukee Brewers 1994-1996 Road Hat - Mickey's Place

It's horrible everywhere, not just on TV. I get that they're going for the neon aesthetic, but it doesn't work. Either make the outlines significantly thicker or (better idea) make the name/number/NOB blue with a white outline and a red shadow. Change the cap with it, as well. From any distance it looks like it's just plain black with nothing on it.

ExJworW.png

14 hours ago, primonito said:

The Marlins should take a page from the Miami Heat vice jerseys. Black jersey with neon blue city name and neon red numbers (keep the same Marlin fonts and shades of blue & red).

It would achieve the neon vibe while making it more legible. spacer.png

This still looks like neon lights, but, you know, actually legible. 

Archived