USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

On 9/22/2024 at 1:41 AM, heavybass said:

Concerned which natural disaster forced a relocation.

Not to give it away, but I will say that it was a real event, but one that IRL did not cause a lot of damage, but I am embellishing by having it strike with more ferocity and have more impact. 

Just like my playing with issues like player career lengths, illnesses, drug or crime issues of players, and, for example, delaying illness for John Bassett and Jim Johnson, I am using a real, but minor, natural event, modified to create a greater effect in this alternative universe. 

Who knows, maybe I will imprison Robert Kraft for his massage parlor issues and then when he is forced to sell the Patsies a USFL team could come back to New England.  Or not.  After all, this is a a league where Tom Brady won two titles for the Generals and then went to play for the Cowboys (winning them 3 titles), so it is just not tied to reality in every single way. 

The same will also almost certainly be the case when we get to 2020 and COVID. I am not going to remove such a huge event from history, but I may treat it differently than real leagues did in the spring/summer of 2020.  In part this is due to the limitations of the Draft Day 2021 Pro Football software I use for simulation, and in part for narrative purposes.  We will see.  I have not fully decided what to do about 2020 yet. 

• Like 1