USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

Any last guesses on Atlanta?  I will reveal later today.

As for Tampa.  I think the rider logo is iconic at this point, and somewhat timeless, so I don't see myself taking it off the helmet, maybe updating it in the 2000's, but not removing it.   I agree about the pant stripes.  Look for an update this weekend before it goes live on the USFL Alt History website. 

I'm gonna double down on my guess that it'll be the Atlanta Fire. I understand you don't like the WLAF uniforms from '95 that had the logo on the front of the jerseys, but that would be a good look for Atlanta if they end up being called the Fire.

I'd also like to see who the 29th and 30th franchises will be in the NFL.

• Like 1

You were correct, Neoprankster.   I could not pass up the legacy of the WLAF Fire and with the Olympics in Atlanta in 1994, the torch symbol seemed too good to pass up.  Yes, I get it. Sherman and all, but Atlanta also uses a Phoenix on its city crest, so they clearly can build on the rising out of flames imagery.  

spacer.png

Uniforms will be released when the Alt History reaches the 1994 season (about 10-14 days).

And here is the tweak to the Tampa look, with a more "modern" pant stripe pattern to match (and link up with) the jersey. 

spacer.png

• Like 7

3 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

@WideRight

I just thought of something.

Has the CFL expanded into Nova Scotia yet in this scenario? I feel like the Claymores' branding could work in Halifax if the Schooners' brand is too close to the Argos.

Not really putting much thought into CFL expansion except that USFL means no CFL-USA attempt.  

Next up is going to be Nike switching a team to teal, because 1990’s.  But who? And how will it be received?

• Like 2

Well, folks, here we go.  In the Alt History league a Nike proposal to recolor the New Orleans Breakers is going to leak to the press.  Here is the update proposed for 1994, what do you believe the reaction should be among Breaker fans:

• Enthusiastic Support.  Take my money!!!
  • Meh, It's OK, I might buy a jersey.
  • We'd rather not.  The old colors were better.
  • What are you thinking?  That's not a good look at all. 
  • Immediate outrage leading to cancellation of the plan. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

spacer.png

As I slowly scrolled down, I would have bet the house that my reaction was going to fall somewhere between "What are you thinking?" and "Immediate outrage".  The reality is, this gets an "Enthusiastic Support" from me.

This new color scheme represents a vast improvement. Frankly, in a side-by-side comparison, the powder blue of the old set seems garishly oversaturated to me. To my mind, what balances out the new palette's traditional lighter teal so effectively is the dark teal shade that you've incorporated and the large silver numbers. That said, the TV numbers on the shoulders are a bit muted and I question the necessity of the gulls on the sleeves. Still, the latter two details are by no means deal-breakers in what I consider a terrific update.

Kudos, sir!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WideRight said:

Well, folks, here we go.  In the Alt History league a Nike proposal to recolor the New Orleans Breakers is going to leak to the press.  Here is the update proposed for 1994, what do you believe the reaction should be among Breaker fans:

spacer.png

Enthusiastic support, because the teal will give the Breakers a more unique color scheme.

6 hours ago, WideRight said:

spacer.png

Enthusiastic Support.  Take my money for sure!!! I'm in love with that teal look!

• Like 1

xFUdNmt.png