USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

I think this is going to disappoint quite a few folks on this board, but...

spacer.png

I think you will like the uni's when I reveal them, and the other three may be a factor if/when the USFL has either more relocation or another expansion.  I just loved the old Barcelona Dragons, and with the XFL 2.0  Seattle Dragons, it gives me the chance to potentially update the logo as we get late into the 2010's.  That plus having green & yellow in Seattle seems a good fit (Supersonics).  

And, no, we will  not be busting out these monstrosities. spacer.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BengalErnst said:

Seattle Dragons with a brand new created logo? 

It is not entirely new.   There will be a lot of the Barcelona Dragons in the uniform and the colors match.  I just never liked the dragon they used in Barcelona, so this one was borrowed from another source. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

Woot! Called it... the logo was the most expressive of the list, fits the seattle green vibe and can show what the XFL Seattle Dragons how to do it right.

Idk if I'm in the minority on this but the original New York Dragons logo looked great on those bright red helmets, the unis were lacking for arena in my opinion but they did it right imo. 

I like this dragon logo as well but I agree on the red facemask that was suggested. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 4:30 PM, WideRight said:

I think this is going to disappoint quite a few folks on this board, but...

spacer.png

I think you will like the uni's when I reveal them, and the other three may be a factor if/when the USFL has either more relocation or another expansion.  I just loved the old Barcelona Dragons, and with the XFL 2.0  Seattle Dragons, it gives me the chance to potentially update the logo as we get late into the 2010's.  That plus having green & yellow in Seattle seems a good fit (Supersonics).  

And, no, we will  not be busting out these monstrosities. spacer.png

GREAT choice! I, too, loved the Dragons in the old WLAF, and I am excited to see what you came up with. 

N3d5IIl.png

I will be releasing uniform sets for all 4 expansion teams starting early next week.  That is the LA Express (v2), the Seattle Dragons, Atlanta Fire, and Ohio Glory.   

But I have a question for you today.  Looking at these CFL-USA and WLAF/NFLE Identities, which, if any do you see as possible "evolutions" of teams currently in the league.  I have a couple in mind, but would love to see if you think any of these identities could morph into an evolved look for a USFL club.

WLAF:  Riders, Surge, Skyhawks, Monarchs, Galaxy

NFLE:  Thunder, Fire, Admirals, Centurions, Sea Devils, Claymores

CFL-USA: Posse, Gold Miners, Barracudas, Mad Dogs, Stallions (already used a bit), or the short-lived Ottawa Renegades.

Let me know which, if any, and what team you think would "evolve" into the new look. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, WideRight said:

I will be releasing uniform sets for all 4 expansion teams starting early next week.  That is the LA Express (v2), the Seattle Dragons, Atlanta Fire, and Ohio Glory.   

But I have a question for you today.  Looking at these CFL-USA and WLAF/NFLE Identities, which, if any do you see as possible "evolutions" of teams currently in the league.  I have a couple in mind, but would love to see if you think any of these identities could morph into an evolved look for a USFL club.

WLAF:  Riders, Surge, Skyhawks, Monarchs, Galaxy

NFLE:  Thunder, Fire, Admirals, Centurions, Sea Devils, Claymores

CFL-USA: Posse, Gold Miners, Barracudas, Mad Dogs, Stallions (already used a bit), or the short-lived Ottawa Renegades.

Let me know which, if any, and what team you think would "evolve" into the new look. 

I would have the Orlando Renegades rebrand as the Galaxy if the current tomahawk becomes too problematic.

The Berlin Thunder logo can easily fit into an overhaul for the Pittsburgh Maulers.

The Ottawa Renegades logo can easily fit with either the Outlaws, Gamblers or Bandits. Or they can be an expansion team for Oklahoma City.

The Amsterdam Admirals logo can be modified to replace the three X's with five stars should San Diego land a USFL team through expansion or relocation. Or maybe for Baltimore if the Blitz decide to change their name. Still gotta be somewhere close to the water.

The Sea Devils would look great in Norfolk or Miami.

The Gold Miners' pickaxe logo would look great as either a secondary or new primary for the Denver Gold.

The Claymores' sword would look great with either the Oakland Invaders as a new primary, or as a secondary for the New Jersey Generals or St. Louis Knights.

The Skyhawks' logo could work as a secondary for the LA Express if you want to pay homage to LAX and the other Los Angeles-area airports.

The Rhein Fire's logo could be the next evolutionary step for the Atlanta Fire around 2000 or so.

The Monarchs can be an expansion team for Charlotte, Cincinnati, Las Vegas or Louisville. Or you could use the M-crown logo to change the Memphis Showboats to the Memphis Kings.

The Barracudas can be a rebrand for either of the existing Florida teams. Or for a San Diego expansion team if the Admirals' brand goes somewhere else.

The Riders and Posse logos can be an expansion team for Austin or a rebrand of the Texas Outlaws.

The rest I think can be saved for expansion teams.

• Like 2