WideRight

USFL Tweaks

On 5/9/2021 at 10:38 AM, Will94 said:

is there going to be a team like this  for Nashville?spacer.png

I guess it all depends on if the Oilers end up moving to Nashville or not.  I don't see Nashville as a high priority expansion destination with Memphis already having a team.  I will also say that I am not as fond of most Arena League identities when compared to NFL-Europe, CFL-USA, or even XFL, AAF, XFL2.0 identities.  There are a few gems in arenaball (Iowa, Arizona, a few others) but a lot of the Arenaball logos are not a style I much care for. Not iconic enough, often cartoony or "edgy" so I am not sure how much inspiration I would take from the AFL when opting to either expand or relocate a team.  

8 hours ago, WideRight said:

I guess it all depends on if the Oilers end up moving to Nashville or not.  I don't see Nashville as a high priority expansion destination with Memphis already having a team.  I will also say that I am not as fond of most Arena League identities when compared to NFL-Europe, CFL-USA, or even XFL, AAF, XFL2.0 identities.  There are a few gems in arenaball (Iowa, Arizona, a few others) but a lot of the Arenaball logos are not a style I much care for. Not iconic enough, often cartoony or "edgy" so I am not sure how much inspiration I would take from the AFL when opting to either expand or relocate a team.  

what if they stayed in houston ?

19 hours ago, WideRight said:

Don't forget, the AIIFL had some great logos as well.  The NJ Generals, Denver Gold, Philadelphia Stars and TB Bandits logo were updated for the league that never forrnally started.  I really liked the Dallas Wranglers logo.

2 hours ago, NCCoachArete said:

Don't forget, the AIIFL had some great logos as well.  The NJ Generals, Denver Gold, Philadelphia Stars and TB Bandits logo were updated for the league that never forrnally started.  I really liked the Dallas Wranglers logo.

Yes, those A11FL updates were in some cases very solid looks.  I could see some of those working their way into a 21'st Century USFL, if the creator allows.  Some of the discarded logos done by other designers are also solid, and I can tell you that one of them is on its way (but not until later in the league's history). 

Just a quick chime in to say I'm enjoying following along in the sim and the write-ups. Happy to see the Bandits getting back to the winning side of things. Are you using Wolverine's Pro Football sim game? The standings shots look similar to that.

4 hours ago, Skycast said:

Just a quick chime in to say I'm enjoying following along in the sim and the write-ups. Happy to see the Bandits getting back to the winning side of things. Are you using Wolverine's Pro Football sim game? The standings shots look similar to that.

I'm just glad the Generals finally caught a break but I'm not optimistic about the playoffs. I think Tampa will somehow pull it off, although I'd rather it be Memphis in the south. 

Poor Portland.

So the 1989 USFL Season is wrapping up (I won't say who won the title because we are not yet there on the simulation website) and as we enter the offseason between 1989 and 1990 three more teams are getting updates from Russell Athletic.  Two of the three are somewhat minor tweaks, and the third is a bit more.  Here is the first of the three, the Orlando Renegades. 

spacer.png

The basic changes are: 

1. Removing the plain text "Orlando" from the logo. 

2. Changing up the colors on the tomohawk to emphasize blue, silver and black.

3. Adding black piping as a consistent element separating silver from blue or from white.  You will see thin black piping on the helmet, jersey, and pant stripes as well as in the new 2-outline numbers. 

4. Adding a blue pant set to go with the white one. 

Next up, the Denver Gold.