MLB moves 2021 All-Star Game from Atlanta to Colorado

CS85

Just now, sportsfan7 said:

MLB wants to replicate the excitement of the NFL draft. That will never happen. NFL draftees are much more popular/well known than MLB draftees, as many of them just played for 3 years in front of 100,000 fans per game in some of the most watched TV of the year, whereas many of the MLB draftees are playing for their high school or a small college. Also, many MLB draft picks won't sign and even if they do, they won't reach the majors for many years so they can develop in the minors/service time manipulation 

And there's no trades allowed.  And it's 62 rounds (or at least was.)  Can't imagine anything more boring than an MLB draft.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BBTV said:

And there's no trades allowed.  And it's 62 rounds (or at least was.)  Can't imagine anything more boring than an MLB draft.  

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I went to FanFest in 2014 here in Minnesota. Didn't make an effort to go to the game (feel like I should have).

FanFest seemed to have people from all over the country.  It made me feel like the ASG was a decent draw.

Funny - I was at that one as well. My now ex-wife was getting an award for her job, so we went for a few days in the middle of the week.

For anyone who has a chance, the thing is a really fun way to take in a lot of baseball "stuff". Memorabilia. Other fans, Get a baseball card of yourself for free.

It's where I sit.

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The Orioles have made a pitch for Baltimore to host this year’s All-Star Game

It's a shame that Camden Yards has only fielded the ASG once in its near 30 year existence. 

3 minutes ago, JayMac said:

It's a shame that Camden Yard has only fielded the ASG once in its near 30 year existence. 

Baltimore wanted it in 2016 to line up with the ballpark’s 25th anniversary season, but ultimately got passed up for San Diego.

I'm still bummed that Milwaukee didn't get it...it would've been the PERFECT place to honor Hank Aaron's legacy, plus we DO got the needed hotels (if we didn't, we wouldn't have gotten the 2020 DNC, however bare-bones it ended up being)

bYhYmxh.png

With 2022 being in Los Angeles and Philadelphia in 2026 already awarded, Denver was already in the process for bidding for 2023. From what I've been hearing, the Cubs and Rockies were front runners for 2023, 2024 or 2025, with the Orioles, Rangers and Blue Jays in the mix as well. I would expect Atlanta to try for one of those spots now too.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived