Florida Soccer Association (Championship: Keys United 6/20)

soflo_sports

Orlando Stockade looks good... That third jersey would be a nice IRL fauxback for Orlando City, though I'd just shift that stripe up. I imagine that white numbers and ads probably have enough contrast with both red and purple to make it work.

Daytona's logo is nice but I'd maybe move the "Racing Club" text to be centered at the bottom of the roundel, and put the 1911 either inside the inner circle or on the sides.

The away uniform is beautiful. No changes needed other than to make that one the primary!

On the other hand, that third is kinda offputting to me. That recolored crest really doesn't work because the contrast between the colors is really poor, so I'd go with the normal colored crest or a black & white version. I appreciate that you're trying to do something interesting with the socks, but I think in that case they would be better as solid.

Hillsborough County's away has a really nice color scheme! Makes me wish Atlanta United had done that for its peach themed jersey. Tbh the home is fine but I think the third makes for a nicer primary color scheme for a nautical-themed team, though I guess that'd be too close to Lauderdale.

Speaking of, I like Lauderdale's third and home. The away is nice but the sponsor and numbers need thicker white outlines.

I know I waited a while to say it, but Fort Myers has three really gorgeous jerseys. I guess I'm a sucker for blue, but I would be over the moon if a Seattle team used that away jersey. The chevron home is also really nice. Only suggestion would be to go with dark gray crest & numbers for the Minnesota United-style third; contrast would be better than way IMO.

The River City colors and designs are nice, but that home jersey doesn't quite read as bridge-themed like you say. I think a vertical stripe based on the front-on view of the bridge tower could be nice.

Good work!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like how Stockade looks, especially the home. The third is something I wish Orlando City would do IRL, red is a part of team history and they shouldn't be afraid to use it. The away is the weakest shirt of the three, but it still looks fine.

With their historic success and Orlando City theming, I think it'd make the most sense for Stockade to be the downtown club, while Orange County is in the eastern suburbs (which aren't part of Orlando or any other city, it's all unincorporated county land) and then Rovers in either Winter Park (although I doubt a WP team in this universe would use Orlando as the geographic name) or in the southwest near the theme parks (since I remember you had a Disney themed team in the first series).

Keep it up, this series is great so far.

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I really like how Stockade looks, especially the home. The third is something I wish Orlando City would do IRL, red is a part of team history and they shouldn't be afraid to use it. The away is the weakest shirt of the three, but it still looks fine.

With their historic success and Orlando City theming, I think it'd make the most sense for Stockade to be the downtown club, while Orange County is in the eastern suburbs (which aren't part of Orlando or any other city, it's all unincorporated county land) and then Rovers in either Winter Park (although I doubt a WP team in this universe would use Orlando as the geographic name) or in the southwest near the theme parks (since I remember you had a Disney themed team in the first series).

Keep it up, this series is great so far.

Yeah I agree I think that does make sense, however I actually still have the Disney-themed team in League 3, so Rovers would have to go somewhere else.

soflo copy.png

On 5/3/2021 at 6:56 PM, vtgco said:

Orlando Stockade looks good... That third jersey would be a nice IRL fauxback for Orlando City, though I'd just shift that stripe up. I imagine that white numbers and ads probably have enough contrast with both red and purple to make it work.

Daytona's logo is nice but I'd maybe move the "Racing Club" text to be centered at the bottom of the roundel, and put the 1911 either inside the inner circle or on the sides.

The away uniform is beautiful. No changes needed other than to make that one the primary!

On the other hand, that third is kinda offputting to me. That recolored crest really doesn't work because the contrast between the colors is really poor, so I'd go with the normal colored crest or a black & white version. I appreciate that you're trying to do something interesting with the socks, but I think in that case they would be better as solid.

Hillsborough County's away has a really nice color scheme! Makes me wish Atlanta United had done that for its peach themed jersey. Tbh the home is fine but I think the third makes for a nicer primary color scheme for a nautical-themed team, though I guess that'd be too close to Lauderdale.

Speaking of, I like Lauderdale's third and home. The away is nice but the sponsor and numbers need thicker white outlines.

I know I waited a while to say it, but Fort Myers has three really gorgeous jerseys. I guess I'm a sucker for blue, but I would be over the moon if a Seattle team used that away jersey. The chevron home is also really nice. Only suggestion would be to go with dark gray crest & numbers for the Minnesota United-style third; contrast would be better than way IMO.

The River City colors and designs are nice, but that home jersey doesn't quite read as bridge-themed like you say. I think a vertical stripe based on the front-on view of the bridge tower could be nice.

Good work!

Thanks for the feedback, you read my mind with some of your comments. I was thinking of changing the Daytona third even before I saw this. Appreciate the compliments!

Moving on to the penultimate club...

ATHLETIC CLUB BOCA

“The Blue-Greens”

BOCA RATON
Founded: 1925

Championships: 0

Last Season Finish: 5th in Championship
Kits By: Umbro

Sponsor: Office Depot

Derbies: Palm Beach, Highlands, Deerfield

Colors: Blue and Green

A slight change to the team’s crest, but the colors remain untouched. The purple and gold third kit is inspired by the city’s lavish reputation. The crest is inspired by the city seal, with the ship and leaf branches mimicking the design. Unlike most Floridian soccer clubs, AC Boca was founded in the same year as its city's incorporation. This was due to city founder Addison Mizner's dream to make Boca Raton a premier resort town in America. He thought having a sport club in the town would be more attractive to tourists. It was not until the 1970s, when Boca Raton gained significant population, and the Athletic Club broke off to soccer only. They then started competing in the bottom tier of the Florida soccer pyramid. They gained promotion to the top flight in the early 2000s and kicked off a deep rivalry with neighboring club Palm Beach Maritime. Their recent 5th place finish allowed them to win the promotion playoff in the Championship and get back to the Premier League for just the 4th time in club history.

L68YWNm.png

Here's the old design for reference:

Spoiler

ATW8y51.png

soflo copy.png

And now for the final FPL team...

DEPORTIVO MIAMI

“Los Metros”

MIAMI

Founded: 1920

Championships: 16

Last Season Finish: 1

Kits By: Adidas

Sponsor: Virgin Hotels

Derbies: Biscayne, Atletico, Lauderdale

Colors: Pink and Black

Yet another design from a pre-existing club in the Florida Soccer universe. The pink and black home kit remains, with designs for the away and third reminiscent of the Heat’s Vice theme. Deportivo are one of the classic clubs in the FPL and are the only club who has spent every season in the top flight. Deportivo are also the only club to win the title in their first season. Despite their historical success, their best decade has been the 2010s. Deportivo has won 5 out of the last 6 league titles, and they are the champions from the most recent 2020 season. Their rivalry with Atletico Miami is the most historic and storied in the league, and their rivalry with Lauderdale Athletic Club has given many classic games in the past several decades. However, Deportivo is basically rivals with the whole league, as nobody likes them except for them.

EHrpgAV.png

Spoiler

89aXJ1W.png

soflo copy.png

12 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

Deportivo Miami looks absolutely gorgeous! I love your interpretation of the typical Miami Vice colors, and you pulled it off so well in every single jersey. Some great stuff here! :)

30 minutes ago, rotta said:

i've been peeking at this series for a while now, and now that you've got the FPL finished, i must say that this is some great work you've got here.

Glad you guys like it! I'm super excited to show you the rest of the designs, there's some pretty cool stuff in the vault. 

I'll be posting updates to some of the FPL teams later today, as well as a few extra things for the league.

soflo copy.png

Ok here's some updates to a few teams...

River City:
I changed the home pattern entirely to fit the bridge theme more like @vtgco suggested.

nWV00Iz.png

Tampa Bay United:

The kits stay the same, but I removed the text from the crest like @kerlonmoura suggested.

T9AizY5.png

Cascades:

I decided to keep the home kit the same as I thought the stripe pattern was pretty unique, but I made the NOB more visible for the third kit.

Z474FM9.png

Palm Beach Maritime:

I made a slight change to the home kit by making the striping less jarring.

VpXeWrn.png

Daytona Racing Club

Fixed up the third kit a little with a different color sponsor, different colored crest, and replaced the green and yellow socks for red ones.

RQ2wpU6.png

soflo copy.png

Well congrats on finishing the top tier! Really appreciate the updates, definitely an improvement. Still think you ought to change the top stripe on Palm Beach's third, though.

AC Boca looks really nice, I quite like the pinstriped quartered away jersey. These designs could make for an interesting set for my Seattle Sounders 😝

Deportivo Miami's home and third are solid looks! I'd suggest you shrink the white sleeve cuffs at home a tad, though.  There's no problem with the third as-is, but I kinda like the triangles from your original concept's away; maybe you could reuse them instead of a gradient?

Not feeling the away, if only because the collar and the Adidas stripes having different patterns feels kinda busy.

Now that the FPL is complete, we journey down the Florida soccer ladder to the FS Championship!

The Championship was founded in 1925, after an influx of new clubs. It started with 16 founding clubs, and the winner was granted promotion to the Premier League. By the 40s, more and more clubs were being created, and the Championship upgraded to 24 and eventually 26 clubs. By the 60s, there were too many clubs in the Championship to sustain, so League 3 was implemented. The Championship went back down to 16 and eventually up to 20 again by the end of the 70s. The Championship has remained untouched since then. The top 2 are guaranteed promotion, while places 3 through 6 enter a playoff for the final spot (just like in England). The FS Championship is regarded as one of the best second division soccer leagues in the country, and many of its clubs are very historically and financially successful. Pompano Highlands are the most recent champions, as they gained promotion to the PL and earned a 13th place finish. The current campaign features a 3-horse title race between Ocala Riders, Orlando Rovers, and West Tampa Wanderers.

Carnival FS Championship Clubs

Bayshore United Soccer Club

Brickell Juniors Club de Fútbol

Carol City Soccer Club

Duval Soccer Club

Harbor City Soccer Club

Association Football Club Homestead

International Soccer Club of Hialeah

Keys United Soccer Club

Lakeland Swans Soccer Club

Las Olas Soccer Club

Miami Beach Soccer Club

Nautica Soccer Club

Ocala Riders Soccer Club

Orlando Rovers Soccer Club

Sporting Club Pensacola

Springs United Soccer Club

St. Lucie Union

West Pines United Soccer Club

West Tampa Wanderers

Wynwood United Soccer Club

Here's the logo for the league

WrgGsVU.png

And now for the first club of 20...

NAUTICA SOCCER CLUB

“The Clippers”

JACKSONVILLE
Founded: 1905

PL Championships: 1

Last Season Finish: 9

Kits By: New Balance

Sponsor: CSX

Derbies: Brigade, River City, Duval City

Colors: White, Navy Blue, Red

Nautica's crest remains untouched (other than the title stars). All-white polo look becomes the home look with red and blue designs for the away and third as complements. The home kit also serves as an homage to the high Navy presence in Jacksonville. Historically, Nautica are one of the oldest clubs in Florida, as they were one of the founding members of the original Florida Soccer League. In 1917, they won their one and only Florida Soccer title. Despite their lack of titles since, they have remained a prevalent force in the top flight for decades. It was not until the early 90s when the club faced bankruptcy. Their liquidation forced a move from a top 5 finishing club in the Premier League to a bottom feeder in League 3. They worked their way up the ladder over the years and got back to the top in 2011. They are still facing the effects of their suspension today, as they have struggled to get over the hump in the Championship. 

h5FT57A.png

Spoiler

00vv5TL.png

soflo copy.png

LAKELAND SWANS SOCCER CLUB

“The Swans”

LAKELAND

Founded: 1922

PL Championships: 0

Last Season Finish: 20th in Premier League

Kits By: Nike

Sponsor: Publix

Derbies: Osceola, Sebring

Colors: Black and White

Lakeland's identity remains relatively similar, with a new gold shade in the mix. The black becomes the home strip. I liked pink as a secondary color so I went with that and white for the "Pink Swan" away kit. The third is Publix all-around with the traditional green color the supermarket uses as the main color. Lakeland's roots as a city are based in European immigration, so it was natural that a club was created in the early 20th century. The club was technically founded in the 20s, however the Lakeland Swans Soccer Club today did not play until after World War II. They have very limited success historically, as they have spent the majority of their seasons in the second division. They have just recently been relegated from the Premier League after a 5-year spell there. The club's name derives from Lakeland's nickname as the Swan City.

k52hMlz.png

Spoiler

JP5T8j1.png

soflo copy.png

BRICKELL JUNIORS CLUB DE FÚTBOL

“Los Blanco-Morados”

MIAMI
Founded: 1921

PL Championships: 0

Last Season Finish: 4

Kits By: Macron

Sponsor: Ryder

Derbies: Biscayne, Wynwood, Gateway

Colors: Purple and White

Brickell Juniors are often forgotten in the Miami soccer-sphere, but they have deep history in the league. In their early years, Brickell was a Premier League mainstay, forming a deep rivalry with Biscayne Athletic. The club eventually fell into irrelevancy in the 80s and 90s, and they became victim to the Championship doldrums. Since then, they have only made it back to the top flight once, where they came in 19th and were relegated the following season. Due to Brickell's failure in league competition, club owners decided to organize a Miami-only tournament that played games on the side. All Miami teams from the Florida soccer pyramid as well as semi-pro clubs were invited. Brickell has won this competition 4 times, and by doing so, they have rekindled their spirit and rivalry with other Miami clubs. They were a few points from promotion last season, and they look to get the job done this year. Brickell's crest, like Deportivo, features a central palm tree that mimics the Miami city seal.

dNRm0u2.png

Brickell Juniors is a new club so there is no previous design.

soflo copy.png

All the Miami teams have looked pretty good, but I have noticed that 3/4 of the Miami teams across both leagues so far each have palm trees on their crest. I understand that each of the Miami clubs have wildly different color schemes, but I challenge you to use some other Miami iconography for some of the crests as three of them (especially Deportivo and Brickell) currently look way too similar to each other. 

On 5/18/2021 at 12:04 AM, TheGiantsFan said:

All the Miami teams have looked pretty good, but I have noticed that 3/4 of the Miami teams across both leagues so far each have palm trees on their crest. I understand that each of the Miami clubs have wildly different color schemes, but I challenge you to use some other Miami iconography for some of the crests as three of them (especially Deportivo and Brickell) currently look way too similar to each other. 

Yea I noticed that. I do like the look for Brickell, but I'll probably change it up. Do you have any suggestions for a new look?

soflo copy.png

2 hours ago, soflo_sports said:

Yea I noticed that. I do like the look for Brickell, but I'll probably change it up. Do you have any suggestions for a new look?

Hmm, you probably know Miami way better than I do, but you can definitely explore something Art Deco-related and/or even a team inspired by the Cuban population!

18 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

Hmm, you probably know Miami way better than I do, but you can definitely explore something Art Deco-related and/or even a team inspired by the Cuban population!

I think I'll run with the Cuban idea, I already have an Art-Deco look for another Miami team. Thanks for the idea, I'll post it at the end like last time!

soflo copy.png

Archived