College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

5 hours ago, TBGKon said:

No, that's definitely the Bank of America Corporate Center in Charlotte.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_America_Corporate_Center

Lol. Thought that was water in the distance. Just trees… 🥲

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tron1013 said:

spacer.png

Charlotte Lossless Technology  --- the Carolinas' premier data mining and preservation app.  Waiting for the "9R-MinR" alt logo. 

Un-CLT: a creation of a monstrous man trying to grow a vagina through hypnosis. 

I’m kind of depressed that the mainstream now knows about CWC because of the revelation. 

With a new, more traditional, regime in charge at Vandy, some have been wondering if a uniform change is on the way. We got our first hint of something new with the first practice today, as the team was decked out in glossy black helmets, instead of the matte finish of previous interactions (the “throwbacks” last year had gold flake).

Another curious factor - yesterday was their media photo shoot day, and I have yet to see any teaser photos on social media. Maybe keeping something under wraps?

edit: Looking at players’ social media, the only pictures they are posting are from the  business-attire portion. None from the locker room set-up.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Makes sense, because NC State is the one school that uses bricks in their buildings.

It is actually a thing fwiw, https://www.ncsu.edu/spaces/brickyard/, the campus is covered with them - doesn't mean we should be using them on helmets though. I have hoped for a slobbering wolf helmet for a long time and I wish it was executed better, that logo doesn't really pop on red.

18 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

It is actually a thing fwiw, https://www.ncsu.edu/spaces/brickyard/, the campus is covered with them - doesn't mean we should be using them on helmets though. I have hoped for a slobbering wolf helmet for a long time and I wish it was executed better, that logo doesn't really pop on red.

Do you know how many campuses have brick buildings, or walkways. My school in Florida had them, just about every school does if schools in Florida do because you don’t see brick anywhere else in the entire state.

I guess it depends where you live in the state. When I lived it Tallahassee, there were plenty of brick houses. My old house in Pensacola was brick. But yeah, seems the further south you go, the less brick you see.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Well, we have our answer – a new look for Vandy this year. Expecting something very simple/traditional. For reference, the uniforms when new head coach Clark Lea was a player, the uniforms were very reserved, but I think a return to something similar would be welcomed.

14 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Well, we have our answer – a new look for Vandy this year. Expecting something very simple/traditional. For reference, the uniforms when new head coach Clark Lea was a player, the uniforms were very reserved, but I think a return to something similar would be welcomed.

I just hope they bring back the stripes on the pants. 

spacer.png

Is Notre Dame taking a jersey designed as a Packers homage and trying to show it off as a tribute to Chicago the jersey speak equivalent of reality becoming parody?

(It’s a nice jersey, to be fair, though I’d prefer they drop the pants stripes.)

6fQjS3M.png

14 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Is Notre Dame taking a jersey designed as a Packers homage and trying to show it off as a tribute to Chicago the jersey speak equivalent of reality becoming parody?

(It’s a nice jersey, to be fair, though I’d prefer they drop the pants stripes.)

Just using them this year because they couldn't do it last year. So recycling, similar to the MLS and their All Star game uniform.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

44 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Am I crazy, or do those pants looks like they actually have a metallic sheen to them? The far shot doesn't look like it, but when they get a close-up, it certainly appears to be metallic. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Better than most "Shamrock Series" designs, but really not anything amazing. I'm always happy to see teams use consistent striping. Although I don't get the Chicago flag connection at all. 

I've always liked the gold pants not matching the helmet. Gives a more traditional feel. Maybe it's just the lighting. But the sleeves seem to be a different shade of gold than everything else and really throwing off the whole look.

And there it is – a new look for Vandy. Clark Lea has brought back a more tradition look, reminiscent of his time as a player, with black and white striping returning to the helmets and featured on the jerseys and pants. The most radical change is the StarV being replaced on the helmet by the once baseball-only stand-alone V (fun fact: Clark Lea played baseball at Birmingham Southern before transferring to play football at Vandy, and is close friends with head baseball coach Tim Corbin). The StarV is still shown on the collar. Numbers are consistent with the new typeface rolled out among other sports, and "Vanderbilt" across each chest is the long-used typeface (albeit italicized, which I don't prefer). Only a gold helmet is shown in the video, but there is evidence of a black helmet from practices.

As a fan, I love the look and restricting the brand that had begun to stray in recent uniform iterations. It'll be interesting to see how the new helmet logo is received, as it is the first time the StarV has not braced a non-specialty helmet since 2002.

4 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

And there it is – a new look for Vandy. Clark Lea has brought back a more tradition look, reminiscent of his time as a player, with black and white striping returning to the helmets and featured on the jerseys and pants. The most radical change is the StarV being replaced on the helmet by the once baseball-only stand-alone V (fun fact: Clark Lea played baseball at Birmingham Southern before transferring to play football at Vandy, and is close friends with head baseball coach Tim Corbin). The StarV is still shown on the collar. Numbers are consistent with the new typeface rolled out among other sports, and "Vanderbilt" across each chest is the long-used typeface (albeit italicized, which I don't prefer). Only a gold helmet is shown in the video, but there is evidence of a black helmet from practices.

As a fan, I love the look and restricting the brand that had begun to stray in recent uniform iterations. It'll be interesting to see how the new helmet logo is received, as it is the first time the StarV has not braced a non-specialty helmet since 2002.

Ladies and gentlemen, your Vanderdue Boilerdores! A few immediate criticisms:

1) The star-V is pretty much synonymous with Vandy at this point, taking it off the helmet is a curious move.

2) I'm okay with the italicized chest "Vanderbilt," but put putting it in gold on the white jersey is illegible. If they didn't want to do a black stroke line on the school name since there is no outline on the numbers, they should've used black lettering on the white jersey. 

3) Not having the striping on the jerseys match the pants is inexplicable. Put a gold stripe between the black stripes on the white jersey to match the white pants, a white striper between the gold stripes on the black jersey etc. 

spacer.png

I don't think it's a bad look per se, but it'll probably change in two or three years. The helmet is nice (sort of reminds me of early 2000s helmet), but at some point fans will be asking for the V-star logo to be back on the helmets.  The stripes are a bit basic. 

It's like they took a uniform that was too extra and created a look that is too basic. There has to be a happy medium. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Clark Lea wants a no-nonsense look, he got a no-nonsense look. Chain-center stripe, anchor backed helmets, we hardly knew ye.

I would have borrowed VandyBoys baseball elements much sooner in the hope that some of that program’s success could rub off on football.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

9 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Not a bad look, in fact a major upgrade from their previous set. Gray never worked well for them IMO. One nitpick I have though is the gold text on the white uniform, which comes off as near unreadable. Small issue with a massive upgrade overall.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Oh look, The Saints got a minor league team based in Vermont?

Seriously this is a downgrade for Vandy. The StarV is their iconic and instantly recognizable brand. Imagine if UGA went back to the block G full time. They would be destroyed. 

Give me chains and anchors over illegible color pairings and an unremarkable and unknown generic helmet.  

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived