College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

At this point, he's gotta be worried about the same thing Bowden was. He's afraid he'll die shortly after he quits coaching. That's what happened to Bear and Bobby didn't want to be like Bear.

I think that's something him and Belicheck share too, which is why they'll have to be dragged off the field at the end. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last week the ACC Network aired a bunch of old Georgia Tech football games, I found myself watching GT vs UNC from 1999.

This is was a good looking game. I don't usually like it both team wear light colors, but this was a beaut.

1999 Georgia vs Georgia Tech (ESPN Classic Football) | Watch ESPN

Both teams should break out  some 99 throwbacks next time the play each other. Would love to see this uni matchup in high def.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, heavybass said:

Fun fact:

Athens, GA has laws preventing hooting and hollering after 11pm.

My brain was like...

THEY HATE OWLS!!!

Kennessaw State in shambles.

3 hours ago, heavybass said:

Fun fact:

Athens, GA has laws preventing hooting and hollering after 11pm.

My brain was like...

THEY HATE OWLS!!!

I'm pretty sure there are laws against disturbing the peace pretty much everywhere but ok

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

41 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Small potatoes, but Akron is switching to Nike/Lebron across all sports starting July 1.

Their football uniforms have been decent the last few seasons, but I'm excited to get away from the horrible Adidas templates. 

Akron Zips vets teach importance of Wagon Wheel game

Anything is better than that tire tread look. I don't know why some teams still put up with it instead of using other adidas templates that look much better and cost less. 

ET Football: Zone Preview: Game of the Week: Carthage at Jasper | ETVarsity  | news-journal.com

Gallery: Marshall vs. Akron, Oct. 28, 2000 | Photos Marshall Sports |  herald-dispatch.com

Throwing back to this, but keeping the old gold would be a good look. I just hope they don't go with the Boise State look which is already worn by Toledo and Bowling Green.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Akron Zips vets teach importance of Wagon Wheel game

Anything is better than that tire tread look. I don't know why some teams still put up with it instead of using other adidas templates that look much better and cost less. 

ET Football: Zone Preview: Game of the Week: Carthage at Jasper | ETVarsity  | news-journal.com

Gallery: Marshall vs. Akron, Oct. 28, 2000 | Photos Marshall Sports |  herald-dispatch.com

Throwing back to this, but keeping the old gold would be a good look. I just hope they don't go with the Boise State look which is already worn by Toledo and Bowling Green.

The downside of smaller Nike schools is that they all pick from the same catalog. We see so many teams wearing the same templates and blank pants with the team name down the leg. So much worse when it's rivals like BG and Toledo.

I've always liked the traditional stripe looks. They did it once in the early 2000s with old gold.

DSC0462.jpg?width=1128&height=635&mode=c

The good thing is Nike has that exact template in their football catalog. Just use the custom font for the numbers, put the Z logo on the helmets and call it a day.

2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

New Boston College adidas uniforms. Very plain, but the old school logo on the sleeves gives it a nice touch. 

I love the old school logos on the sleeves - I have an earlier post in here that I like the Glenn Foley set, and these come close - but the logo at the collar is just stupidly redundant. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Just when you think bowl game names have jumped the shark and couldn’t possibly get any worse…

57 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Good :censored:ing lord, cancel the LA Bowl now.

Still not the worst bowl game name, but I think this proves we have too many when ESPN is naming them after ABC late night talk shows. Will we see the Holey Moley 3D Bahamas Bowl next year? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived