College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

16 hours ago, VikWings said:

ff_4202645-cd3a04221efcbc0c561f_full.jpg

Gorgeous. If the Jags’ org had half a brain they’d already be wearing these.

Also super glad we’re FINALLY talking about Oregon’s uniforms. (I know, it’s a uniform board, but I wish we could just cleanse ourselves of Oregon talk for like a year)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Saw this one somewhere else, but I loved it...

Moldy fabric

“The hottest new trend in sporeswear!”

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

“The hottest new trend in sporeswear!”

I mean I know this is a joke (with a fantastic pun btw), but as I posted before, the speckles already have been a trendy design element for Jordan brand and Nike sportswear products. The greenish hue of the speckles on the Ducks’ unis do have a slight moldy look up close, but from afar the speckles will look just like they do on the soles of Jordans or on various Nike sportswear products. 

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The only gripe  I have is that the number font is missing the point at the bottom of the 5. But... I will 100000000000% take these as full time uniforms any day if the Orange outline was a little bit bigger!

2 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

VT in Throwbacks to Vick Era this weekend

It wouldn't surprise me nann bit to see VT back in those as primaries inside inside next two seasons. 

(Plus, those current Superman joints they have now have long since run their course IMO).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

VT in Throwbacks to Vick Era this weekend

Syracuse will be doing white/white/orange for the first time, too, so that should be quite the good looking game, even if orange/white/orange would've been a bit better.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I mean I know this is a joke (with a fantastic pun btw), but as I posted before, the speckles already have been a trendy design element for Jordan brand and Nike sportswear products. The greenish hue of the speckles on the Ducks’ unis do have a slight moldy look up close, but from afar the speckles will look just like they do on the soles of Jordans or on various Nike sportswear products. 

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh yeah. I mean, they’re building a high-level CFB marketing opportunity out of a pattern that dovetails perfectly with their flagship fashion pieces, and it’s pretty damn good-looking in the process. It’s great work.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

30 minutes ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

108023547_original.jpg?1295895332

Gotta disagree with you there. I don't think there's anything special about that Vick set. The contrasting shoulder numbers are cool though.

Those are great but so is almost any team in overdone UCLA stripes. Love the Mike contrasting shoulders, although that orange helmet would make a great alternate.

Probably unpopular, but I like VT's unique shoulder striping:

Virginia Tech Football: Three keys of the game versus Middle Tennessee

Virginia Tech football: Braxton Burmeister named of one college football's  'freaks' - Gobbler Country

IMO it's unique but not over-the-top.  I guess you could argue their color scheme sets them apart from other "hooped" jerseys, but I like these.  Kind of a similar scenario IMO to TCU:

AP Top 25: TCU football left out of rankings once again | Fort Worth  Star-Telegram

2021 Opponent Preview: A Preseason Look at TCU - The Smoking Musket

I thought UCLA/Oregon was a sneaky good-looking game yesterday. UCLA’s classic uniforms always look good, and their bright blue and gold contrasted well with the Ducks’ white and dark green:

spacer.png

As for the Ducks’ “Eggshell” set, I thought they looked pretty nice in action. The helmets and iridescent jersey numbers were my favorite part, and from afar the uniform as a whole didn’t look too different from the alternate white uniforms from 2019 and past white sets with dark green and silver accents. The jerseys and pants have a slight off-white look to them in photos (I was originally told that they were off-white), but on TV they looked like a standard white color. The splatter pattern didn’t look too obnoxious IMO, and was an interesting design element that set these unis apart from the regular white and apple green set and past white uniforms of theirs. I wish the silver wings on the shoulders were a bit more pronounced, but I think that was mostly a result of them being worn in a day game rather than under the lights. It won’t surprise me if these uniforms are worn one more time this season, and if so I’d like to see Nightmare green pants or even yellow helmets and pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 hours ago, _RH_ said:

Virginia Tech Football: Three keys of the game versus Middle Tennessee

Virginia Tech football: Braxton Burmeister named of one college football's  'freaks' - Gobbler Country

I like the current set, but I’m not in love with it. Maybe since it is synonymous with the mediocrity that VT has experienced in them. The striping/collars resemble the V in the logo, which is a cool touch. 

But… I’d take them going back to the 90’s era uniforms in a heartbeat 

I get that the Ducks won the game but wearing a design patterned after something that is very fragile seems like a bad idea.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

13 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

I get that the Ducks won the game but wearing a design patterned after something that is very fragile seems like a bad idea.

Smh. By that logic they should just change to a different mascot then since Ducks are a pretty vulnerable animal.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived