College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

55 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I'm going to miss the shoulder stripes of the Under Armour uniforms. Looks like they're goin to chunky and truncated (chunkated?) UCLA stripes. Nike knows how to make the stripes better, they just choose not to, and it's so damn frustrating.

Also looks like the gold won't be nearly as yellow and more towards Vegas gold, which is a shame.

I wouldn’t look too closely at the retail photoshops. The game worn jerseys will naturally have longer hoops just do to the cut for the yoke being lower on the real jerseys. And while I assume that’s where they will end this first year with no time to adjust their templates in another year UCLA may get more custom uniforms with more time to design them.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, burgundy said:

I'm going to miss the shoulder stripes of the Under Armour uniforms. Looks like they're goin to chunky and truncated (chunkated?) UCLA stripes. Nike knows how to make the stripes better, they just choose not to, and it's so damn frustrating.

Also looks like the gold won't be nearly as yellow and more towards Vegas gold, which is a shame.

I'm sure they will have a similar templet as LSU and Ole Miss, which had issues with shoulder loops in the past, but Nike has them looking better. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Regarding UCLA: If the number font isn’t Clarendon, it’s garbage.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

7 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Regarding UCLA: If the number font isn’t Clarendon, it’s garbage.

it would seem that a unique number font would be right up the swoosh's alley. 

So with the NIL becoming a thing this coming season, will we see any athlete trying to sneak an ad onto their helmet or wristbands , etc?  I saw OU QB Rattler has his own logo. 

28 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

So with the NIL becoming a thing this coming season, will we see any athlete trying to sneak an ad onto their helmet or wristbands , etc?  I saw OU QB Rattler has his own logo. 

I don’t see it happening. The schools have exclusive deals with Nike/adidas ect and students wouldn’t be allowed to wear anything that didn’t have their logos on them on to the field. Theyed have to practically “suitcase” anything they wanted to wear on to the field. Even at the pro level you don’t see players wearing anything that isn’t approved by the nfl. Plenty of players who have been sponsored by adidas had to wear equipment without the 3 stripes (still made by adidas) until they paid the nfl for approval a number of years ago.

1 hour ago, TGroce said:

If this replica is any indication, then there's not much doing font-wise for the Jordan take on UCLA

spacer.png

Like I said earlier they had no lead time to design anything, so they really had only enough time to transfer the existing design to their current template.

2 hours ago, TGroce said:

If this replica is any indication, then there's not much doing font-wise for the Jordan take on UCLA

spacer.png

UCLA may have just bought it from Under Armour. It might have been something that was negotiated when they were dumped too. 

If you look at the space in the area just underneath where Nike chooses to cut of their shoulder loops it certainly seems like there's room to create the same look that UA pulls off here.

spacer.png

Obviously, they don't have any financial incentive to do it if the team doesn't insist. I'm sure it's much more cost effective just to shoe horn the stripes onto their dopey template. It's just too bad.  And it's annoying when it's passed off as something they just can't work around. Because as you can see above, they obviously can.

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If you look at the space in the area just underneath where Nike chooses to cut of their shoulder loops it certainly seems like there's room to create the same look that UA pulls off here.

spacer.png

Obviously, they don't have any financial incentive to do it if the team doesn't insist. I'm sure it's much more cost effective just to shoe horn the stripes onto their dopey template. It's just too bad.  And it's annoying when it's passed off as something they just can't work around. Because as you can see above, they obviously can.

Might just be me but I think the top LSU and Ole Miss striping looks way nicer than on the smaller LSU and UCLA jerseys. 

IUe6Hvh.png

6 hours ago, See Red said:

Might just be me but I think the top LSU and Ole Miss striping looks way nicer than on the smaller LSU and UCLA jerseys. 

I'm sure there's other people that will agree with you, but to me that's just lunacy. That design was created when the stripes met in the armpit, and every truncated version is just an awkward fix of that original look.  It's like if you wrecked your car, and the newly painted area didn't quite match in color and you decided that it somehow looked better.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm sure there's other people that will agree with you, but to me that's just lunacy. That design was created when the stripes met in the armpit, and every truncated version is just an awkward fix of that original look.  It's like if you wrecked your car, and the newly painted area didn't quite match in color and you decided that it somehow looked better.

Extending the stripes can work, as evidenced by the UA design for UCLA. That said, the armpit stripes are inferior IMO. It tends to look bunched up and uneven. I think the modern Nike style stripes may be a bit too truncated, but generally I think it's a better look. 

I'd take that top LSU jersey every time.

On 7/4/2021 at 12:07 PM, -Akronite- said:

That said, the armpit stripes are inferior IMO. It tends to look bunched up and uneven. I think the modern Nike style stripes may be a bit too truncated, but generally I think it's a better look. 

I'd take that top LSU jersey every time.

tenor.gif

On 7/3/2021 at 8:08 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

Nike went and extended the stripes a few years back and thinned out the numbers as well.  I'm guessing fans and players didn't like that look since they went back to what they currently wear. 

History of Ole Miss-LSU rivalry - Red Cup Rebellion

LSU Football - ‪Linebacker Devin White is the Chuck... | Facebook‬

I know the template is different but the application should still be the same if they wanted to keep them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived