College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

14 hours ago, See Red said:

What's with the Mercedes logos?

Real Mercedes F1 vibes.

Daryle Hawkins, the designer (and former Oregon player), posted on Instagram saying that it was meant as a callback to the diamond plate uniforms. 

10 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Glad they're starting to go with more creative designs now.  The last few seasons have been kind of bland uniform-wise but I think that was more just getting the program going in the right direction again before focusing on the flash.  Really hope they add in some dark green or black uniforms later on.

I’ve already seen a couple people hyping up a black version and saying that it’ll be the best of the new set. Personally I’m hoping it’s the nightmare green again, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just black and yellow. I’m sure there’ll be a second road set as well, and at least a couple more helmets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sort of indifferent to the various iterations of the Ducks jerseys and pants, but — as much as I generally like the application of wings/horns/etc. on helmets — I've never felt the winged helmets were a very strong identity. I much prefer the O helmets. 

29 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That little pattern on the sleeves/shoulders blows. Guess they just can't help themselves.

The ducks will never have a better helmet and jersey combination than this;

spacer.png

Wear that with yellow pants and they'd never have to wear anything else.

As far as Oregon goes, I thought that was a happy medium between traditional while still using modern elements. I liked how the feathers were tonal and they used the much superior “O” helmet logo. The new one seems a bit tacky with the oversized numbers, gradient helmet wings, and shoulder design.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That little pattern on the sleeves/shoulders blows. Guess they just can't help themselves.

The ducks will never have a better helmet and jersey combination than this;

spacer.png

Wear that with yellow pants and they'd never have to wear anything else.

Aside from the throwbacks, that jersey is definitely the best green jersey the Ducks have ever had IMO. Just about perfect with the tonal wings and the Duck logo on the sleeves. I loved those helmets, too, but I’ve also been very happy with the return of the winged helmets the last few years and specifically wi th the new green lid. I like the new set and think it’s an improvement over the last few years, but that 2015 Rose Bowl uniform truly was about as close to perfection for the Ducks as it gets in my mind.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Honestly not a big fan of the new Oregon uniforms. The return of black over nightmare green is very disappointing. The addition of nightmare green was a great way to add a darker color without sacrificing the green and yellow. Not to mention removing one of our rivals main colors. 

This set now lacks the ability to be mixed and matched with the other elements, although I wouldn't be shocked if we had an additional yellow set with nightmare green or the lighter green elements too. Oregon did have two separate white sets last year. But given the fact they never mixed the black/yellow from previous sets it wouldn't shock me if some of these combos will only stand on their own. 

All in all I'm not a fan of the random blank stripe through the shoulder design, nor do I like the diamond plate call back Mercedes logo. But I'm sure like with most sets these will grow on me.

21 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Honestly not a big fan of the new Oregon uniforms. The return of black over nightmare green is very disappointing. The addition of nightmare green was a great way to add a darker color without sacrificing the green and yellow. Not to mention removing one of our rivals main colors. 

This set now lacks the ability to be mixed and matched with the other elements, although I wouldn't be shocked if we had an additional yellow set with nightmare green or the lighter green elements too. Oregon did have two separate white sets last year. But given the fact they never mixed the black/yellow from previous sets it wouldn't shock me if some of these combos will only stand on their own. 

All in all I'm not a fan of the random blank stripe through the shoulder design, nor do I like the diamond plate call back Mercedes logo. But I'm sure like with most sets these will grow on me.

I really did like the nightmare green and definitely preferred it over black, but black and yellow has also been a staple combo for over a decade so I’m not surprised to see it return. I wouldn’t worry about mix and match, as the yellow helmets and pants can still easily be mixed and matched with the green jersey (most important IMO) or even the white jersey, and I’m guessing there’ll be a black set still to come that can easily be intermixed with the yellow set (a second road jersey also seems likely). The shoulder design isn’t my favorite, but I do like the subtle combination of eras and I prefer something on the shoulders other than the thin shoulder stripe on the last set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I don’t understand Oregon’s insistence on the helmet wings. The “O” is a much stronger (and iconic) mark for the helmet, in my opinion. The wings, however, have never lost that “gimmicky” look to me over the years.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I don’t understand Oregon’s insistence on the helmet wings. The “O” is a much stronger (and iconic) mark for the helmet, in my opinion. The wings, however, have never lost that “gimmicky” look to me over the years.

The wings stand out more than the O does. And the O is still included on the back of the helmet as well. Granted there's no other team with that color scheme and O logo, but I like the wings better. But only when they allow them to stand out from the helmet instead of blending into the helmet like what happens with some of their designs. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

From what I've seen there’s a pretty large segment of the fanbase that vastly prefers the winged helmets. A few years ago when they ditched the wings there were a lot of fans who were clamoring for them to come back. I’ve seen a few fans calling for the “O” helmets to come back in the last couple of seasons, but not nearly as many. I don’t necessarily disagree that the “O” is a stronger and more iconic mark in it of itself, but I do think that the wings have become somewhat of a signature look and they’re certainly a fan favorite as well. I personally love the “O” helmets, but still prefer the wings (though I will say the HGI winged helmets were better than the current ones).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

From what I've seen there’s a pretty large segment of the fanbase that vastly prefers the winged helmets. A few years ago when they ditched the wings there were a lot of fans who were clamoring for them to come back. I’ve seen a few fans calling for the “O” helmets to come back in the last couple of seasons, but not nearly as many. I don’t necessarily disagree that the “O” is a stronger and more iconic mark in it of itself, but I do think that the wings have become somewhat of a signature look and they’re certainly a fan favorite as well. I personally love the “O” helmets, but still prefer the wings (though I will say the HGI winged helmets were better than the current ones).

I just wish they'd mix up the usage of the O logo and wings. Maybe wear each design 6 times a season or something along those lines. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

At long last, Arizona looks like Arizona again:

I can appreciate them sticking with the red, white, blue pattern on the shoulder stripes, but it does look weird to see 3 equal stripes on the white uniform and then to have essentially 2 stripes on the blue uniform with the uniform itself serving as the blue stripe but it doesn't have the same space for it.

Archived