College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vandy, Arizona, Missouri, probably a few others..

Seems like we are really seeing a return to more traditional football uniforms... classic stripes on the legs... and 1 or 2 helmets instead of 4+

Please, let's have this trend continue with other schools that badly need it.

I've never understood the trend for the past 5ish years to totally strip away all design elements . I guess players think it looks "clean"? I don't get it. Almost every team except like Texas and Penn State look better with some sort of vertical pants stripe.

In general, sticking to the university's base logos, colors, and simple design elements look the best. I'm all for creativity but alts in odd colors and/or ridiculously different looks I'm not a fan of.

I'm all for an alternate or 2, but keeping it at 1 or 2 helmets, 3 jerseys, and 3 pants is all that teams need.

Arizona and Vanderbilt absolutely nailed their looks. Hoping to see this trend continue, just like @elliott said above.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

4 hours ago, TGroce said:

That Iowa St. bumper reminds me that North Carolina also has a new bumper this season

Glad to see the ACC relaxing the rule on having the conference logo on the helmet bumpers. Will be interesting to see what other teams put in that space.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

On 6/22/2021 at 1:11 PM, rmackman said:

Looks like Wisconsin released new uniforms today that they're calling "The Forward Collection." Appears to be an alternate uniform that they'll wear vs. Notre Dame in their Shamrock Series.

They're also selling "The Forward Collection" at the school bookstore: https://www.buckyslockerroom.com/c-13161?_s=bm-wiscforward&utm_medium=referral

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Nebraska alt leaked out

x0z2lhn6ogg71.jpg

MkJZCa0.jpg

It’s crazy that Nebraska and Wisconsin keep coming out with such similar uniforms even when they change to different uniform suppliers.

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

Miami (OH) has come a long way since the infamous helmet that looked like a bowling ball.

Indeed, and they look so much better. It's a traditional look with that 2000s M, and the Machine font that was used in the Big Ben-era. Well done, IMO.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Nebraska alt leaked out

x0z2lhn6ogg71.jpg

MkJZCa0.jpg

WHY CAN’T YOU ONE TIME MAKE THE NUMBERS MATCH THE HELMET NUMBERS

I will stop yelling for my Vandy take: That helmet is hot garbage. The V-Star is Vandy and taking it off for a V screams a move by a coach about to go 1-10. 

Who seriously said “we need to make our helmets more like that great football brand from Idaho”

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 8/10/2021 at 10:22 AM, elliott said:

Vandy, Arizona, Missouri, probably a few others..

Seems like we are really seeing a return to more traditional football uniforms... classic stripes on the legs... and 1 or 2 helmets instead of 4+

I've never understood the trend for the past 5ish years to totally strip away all design elements . I guess players think it looks "clean"? I don't get it. Almost every team except like Texas and Penn State look better with some sort of vertical pants stripe.

Thankfully it seems that teams have realized the new and modern uniforms don't win games. Outside of Oregon the top football schools in college have mostly traditional uniforms with maybe 1 alternate for special occasions. Just need everyone to hop back on the traditional uniforms styles now.

a2BRS8U.png

6 minutes ago, H11K said:

Thankfully it seems that teams have realized the new and modern uniforms don't win games. Outside of Oregon the top football schools in college have mostly traditional uniforms with maybe 1 alternate for special occasions. Just need everyone to hop back on the traditional uniforms styles now.

With NIL in place and the ncaa careening into irrelevance in terms of governing cfb, the trope that modern uniforms attract recruits is being quickly replaced with who can provide the most cash benefits marketing opportunities for minor league student-athletes.

On 8/9/2021 at 1:26 PM, GriffinM6 said:

Am I crazy, or do those pants looks like they actually have a metallic sheen to them? The far shot doesn't look like it, but when they get a close-up, it certainly appears to be metallic. 

To answer my own question, yes, there is definitely a metallic look to these pants. It's great to see that make a comeback, and I hope more teams with silver/grey and gold bring it back. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 8/10/2021 at 7:22 AM, elliott said:

https://medium.com/@brockbrames/nikes-new-approach-to-college-football-uniforms-clean-and-simple-c12462c1a5ee

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived