College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

20 hours ago, dont care said:

Likely the catalog didn’t have a lighter shade of gray for the numbers.

That would be odd seeing as how Nike makes the Raiders' home and Lions' throwback jerseys with silver/light gray numbers. Did they assume no high school or small college football team would want silver/light gray numbers? 

Lions Throwback Uniforms — UNISWAG

Why did the Raiders move to Las Vegas? Explaining franchise's 2020 shift  from Oakland to Sin City | Sporting News

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

That would be odd seeing as how Nike makes the Raiders' home and Lions' throwback jerseys with silver/light gray numbers. Did they assume no high school or small college football team would want silver/light gray numbers? 

Lions Throwback Uniforms — UNISWAG

Why did the Raiders move to Las Vegas? Explaining franchise's 2020 shift  from Oakland to Sin City | Sporting News

I mean the nfl is a different clientele that south eastern Louisiana state university…

On 8/28/2021 at 11:42 PM, dont care said:

Likely the catalog didn’t have a lighter shade of gray for the numbers. Especially since colored numbers typically go on white jerseys and light grey on white wouldn’t be allowed by NCAA Nike likely didn’t even make it an option. Surprised this wasn’t squashed by the ncaa yet though.

I think football coaches try to bend the rules on how dark they can make the numbers without getting overruled by the NCAA.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Ducks are breaking in their new yellow cleats in practices this week:

spacer.png

They’re calling for fans to wear green, so I’m guessing that we’ll finally get the classic yellow/green/yellow combination to open up the season and officially debut the new set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks are breaking in their new yellow cleats in practices this week:

spacer.png

They’re calling for fans to wear green, so I’m guessing that we’ll finally get the classic yellow/green/yellow combination to open up the season and officially debut the new set.

That looks like they just spray painted the yellow on. Ugh Nike.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

Did Rice add a third colour?

Rice has history of using silver/grey. They wore silver helmets for most of the 70's and 80's and then when they decided to use Phildelphia Eagles style helmet wings in the 90s, those were silver wings on a navy helmet.

I guess we now see what Adidas would do with Oregon if in some alternate reality they would ever leave Nike. As far as Adidas, this is the first time I can remember them adding a feature like this to a uniform like how Nike has been doing for a few years now. They either had the sublimated tire-tread patterns or electrical tape looking graphics slapped over their stretch uniform material. I think the jersey looks good. I just wish Louisville could roll it out with their traditional white helmets rather than going all red.

31 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Pumped about this one. Anything that includes Sparky is a positive for ASU.

Agreed. Sparky is great & the pitchfork alone is inferior. Doesn't feel like a primary look but I think the use of the shiny gold with the maroon and athletic gold works well. Just tuck in that skirt and this is a great uniform (shoutout to all the geriatrics in here that can't stand this trend).

Archived