College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/2/2021 at 1:38 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

Texas A&M will be doing a 9/11 tribute with the endzone wordmark getting a US flag treatment as well as requesting fans to wear red, white, or blue based on their seat location to replicate the "Red, White, and Blue Out" that was done as a fundraiser twenty years ago.

Also included is a look at a 12th man centennial logo that I suspect will be on the field and uniforms.

Full field shots

One of my biggest CFB specific pet peeves HAS to be when teams who have standard, colored helmets BOTH decide to wear white shells in the same game. Something about it just gets in my craw. UNC blue vs VT red and Boise blue vs UCF gold would’ve both looked much better,  and I’d argue that’s always the case.

Okaaaayyyy now, Western Michigan--I see you!

Side note: unless it's been done somewhere in the past, will this be the first time a football team wears exclusively brown and white on its uniforms? I know for me this will be my first time seeing it in action.

Side note #2: what is is with Michigan and Missouri and all the directionals?? 🤷‍♂️😄

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Side note: unless it's been done somewhere in the past, will this be the first time a football team wears exclusively brown and white on its uniforms? I know for me this will be my first time seeing it in action.

Side note #2: what is is with Michigan and Missouri and all the directionals?? 🤷‍♂️😄

Western has done it before 

7619334.jpg

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

THERE'S NO CIRCLE W! Remember all of the times Western Michigan had a circle W!?

There's also a tweet by that account promoting the helmet while calling somebody a loser for some reason. Is there a circle W drama around WMU that I lack context for?

Just now, Red Wolf said:

THERE'S NO CIRCLE W! Remember all of the times Western Michigan had a circle W!?

There's also a tweet by that account promoting the helmet while calling somebody a loser for some reason. Is there a circle W drama around WMU that I lack context for?

That's to the director of marketing who was the reason for the whole rebrand with the circle W.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

13 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

The one-color horse logo always looks bad, thinking about how good it would look in full color with brown and gold uniforms… oh man…

Agreed! Something link this would work really well (they could even tone down the colors):

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61aTOZKhrlL._AC_SX466_.jpg

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

NC vs VT looked good yesterday:

UNC Football - Tar Heel Blog

maybe not ideal, but good.

Northwestern and Michigan State...not so much:

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: SEP 03 Michigan State at Northwestern : News Photo

NC state...no thanks:

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: SEP 02 USF at NC State : News Photo

What are the best sites to search for images from all games?  I've used Getty in the past but it doesn't seem to have all games.

24 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

The white helmets needed a stripe. They felt very plain and empty without one. Also the "State" logo feels weird with their modern number font

Nothing annoys me more than schools that try to just use "State" like that's a meaningful identifier. It just makes teams look like they belong in an insurance commercial.

21 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Nothing annoys me more than schools that try to just use "State" like that's a meaningful identifier. It just makes teams look like they belong in an insurance commercial.

Same with the cheerleaders saying, "let's go, State!" It's always funny when it's a _____ State vs. ____ State.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

5 hours ago, tBBP said:

The Lehigh Mountain Hawks of the FCS have done it a few times, as well as the aforementioned WMU.

Three Mountain Hawks garner Patriot League weekly football awards - Lehigh  University Athletics

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Archived