College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

Texas A&M included this logo for the 12th Man Centennial with their email for signing up for season tickets. The Texas A&M 12th Man tradition began at the 1922 Dixie Classic in Dallas after the 1921 season. Perhaps it will be a sticker on the back of the helmets or even a jersey patch.

Centennial Logo 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

Are they the only state to do that? 

9 hours ago, heavybass said:

I don't know but I assume so

Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Illinois have also had champions in all NCAA football divisions.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, burgundy said:

Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Illinois have also had champions in all NCAA football divisions.

I honestly didn't know that. Is it the only NCAA sport where that happen. 

7 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Here is the National Champions logo for Sam Houston State

Congrats to Sam Houston but what happened to the "State"? 

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

On 5/2/2021 at 1:06 PM, SSmith48 said:

Another new set of helmets on the table this year, this time for the Nevada Wolf Pack. An updated, blingier silver helmet and a new white helmet, both with the "Pack" script/number combo.

E0UvYQhXsAk__99?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Last Year's silver helmet for comparison:

Gardner_Jacob_vsWyoming_102420_5_.jpg

I kinda dig the new silver finish. Definitely fits the history of the state, and looks flashy without being too over the top. White helmet is meh, everyone seems to be getting one nowadays. All they need now is a proper set of silver pants to match.

NICE! Nevada is the Silver State, after all. Proper silver pants would definitely be good too, as you said. 

I wish UNLV would lean in to the silver a little more too. 

15 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

I honestly didn't know that. Is it the only NCAA sport where that happen. 

Congrats to Sam Houston but what happened to the "State"? 

It appears the school's athletic department dropped "State" as part of their new logo/branding rollout last April. Other Southland schools such as McNeese, Nicholls, and Stephen F Austin have dropped "State" from the athletic branding in recent years despite it still being part of the school name

Washington Huskies Replacing Turf At Alaska Airlines Field At Husky Stadium

May 19, 2021 - 20:03 PM

The University of Washington has started the process of replacing the 8-year-old artificial turf at Alaska Airlines Field at Husky Stadium.

Read More...

• 2 weeks later...

Very quiet on the uni front in college football so far. Normally this thread would be 30 pages by now.

Now that recruits can visit campuses I would expect to see a lot more uni news out soon. June 1 was the first time recruits could do official visits since Covid started. 

11 minutes ago, Rixaroo said:

Very quiet on the uni front in college football so far. Normally this thread would be 30 pages by now.

Now that recruits can visit campuses I would expect to see a lot more uni news out soon. June 1 was the first time recruits could do official visits since Covid started. 

I think for now the only changes you'll see is the teams that switch uniform providers.  The big three aren't putting out a new uniform template so that's slowed down announcements as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Up next on the list of teams adding a new helmet: Florida State in an all-white getup, which seems to be all the rage nowadays. Not a big fan. It needs some more gold to keep it consistent with the rest of the uniform.

Gold/white/white was a good look that FSU wore in the 80s and sporadically through the 90s/2000s.

But going all white just seems like they need "Stormtrooper" unis, which is just too familiar to Miami. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Gold/white/white was a good look that FSU wore in the 80s and sporadically through the 90s/2000s.

But going all white just seems like they need "Stormtrooper" unis, which is just too familiar to Miami. 

The all white get-up is very 2000-late.

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That's it right there. I knew there was something weird about this. I generally like all-white football uniforms. (It's the only "monochrome" look that I like as a rule.) It's a fine uniform in a vacuum. But as we've discussed throughout the history of CCSLC, there is no "in a vacuum" in the real world. So yeah, it's an odd choice for them given their history with Miami and, more importantly, it goes against their established brand. I presume they'll wear this at home, which makes it even more of a head-scratcher.

46 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Up next on the list of teams adding a new helmet: Florida State in an all-white getup, which seems to be all the rage nowadays. Not a big fan. It needs some more gold to keep it consistent with the rest of the uniform.

I don't hate it by itself, but it's not good for FSU.

ExJworW.png

Archived