College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Indiana unveiled their throwback uni and it’s from the early-to-mid 90s...and arguably better than the current look. 

I always liked this one: https://www.uniswag.com/blog/throwback-uniform-for-indiana-footballimage_handler.aspx.jpeg

18 hours ago, guest23 said:

This was a really good stand alone look back in the day but it was so divergent (dark red, black trim, I logo) from the traditional basketball identity it was destined to have a short shelflife.

This look was a great way to stand out from Oklahoma and Alabama in a way that wasn't garish, or changed the color of red like the Randle El uniforms did. 

On 9/5/2021 at 10:58 PM, TenaciousG said:

Trajan font still sucks though.

I think Trajan works for all of the other Kansas sports, but for football it's too spindly. IT needs more heft to it to make it easier to read from a distance and when Kansas decided all teams will wear that same style it took the football jerseys down several notches. 

Kansas Jayhawks Football: Todd Reesing reflects on the 2007 College Football  Season - Rock Chalk Talk

Easier to read numbers, but still needed trimmed up a little. 

Kansas 2003 Football Preview

These in the appropriate Kansas colors would be a great look as well. 

Forgotten Jayhawks: Jon Cornish had success everywhere he went

It's also interesting to see how similar the older uniform cuts were before Nike and adidas decided that tehy needed to try and stand out from everyone else. Nike jersey was 2004, adidas was 2006.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

32 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Forgotten Jayhawks: Jon Cornish had success everywhere he went

It's also interesting to see how similar the older uniform cuts were before Nike and adidas decided that tehy needed to try and stand out from everyone else. Nike jersey was 2004, adidas was 2006.

That 2006 Adidas cut was the same jersey they were supplying to the NFL at that time but with a Reebok patch on it. It was one of the selling points of Adidas at that time to get teams to switch (besides money) by telling players they were going to use the latest uniform technology that can be found in the NFL. I remember the Giants trying it out first in that it was supposed to be a tighter fit uniform. Kind of a precursor to the techfit stuff they started rolling out a few years later

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Iowa State will be wearing W/B/W against Iowa who I presume will be in their traditional B/W/Y road combo. I don't like black alts, and I really dislike this instance of wearing it against your rival who is known to use black as a primary color.

I really hate a black & white scheme when those aren't your colors. There are some matchups where it creates an interesting aesthetic for the game (not gonna be the case with Iowa coming to town), but I don't usually think it's worth a lack of identity for your team. Especially when, as you stated, your wearing your rivals' own color against them?!

Iowa State refuses to look like themselves in big games. And it blows.

22 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Indiana unveiled their throwback uni and it’s from the early-to-mid 90s...and arguably better than the current look. 

I always liked this one: https://www.uniswag.com/blog/throwback-uniform-for-indiana-footballimage_handler.aspx.jpeg

I'd be one to argue against that, but to each their own. This is a solid look for a one-off, but I think their current look hits all the right notes. The IU logo is superior to a reminiscent-of-Illinois Block-I and I like the sublimated stripes on the sleeves. 

My favorite alt of theirs remains that script helmet, what a beaut.

usa-today-8812157.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

2 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Arizona State with a new helmet color. Supposed to be maroon that shines gold when light is on it.

From a bit further away, but with facemask and decals.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

4 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Arizona State with a new helmet color. Supposed to be maroon that shines gold when light is on it.

Gives new meaning to the term "applehead"... that said, I'll wait to see these with the rest of whatever uniform they wear it with before I grade it. 

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Iowa State will be wearing W/B/W against Iowa who I presume will be in their traditional B/W/Y road combo. I don't like black alts, and I really dislike this instance of wearing it against your rival who is known to use black as a primary color.

Can someone run up to Ames right quick and tell Iowa State to PLEASE quit doing this?? 

2 hours ago, reb_fan_23 said:

Fun color vs. color match up in the Chick-fil-A kickoff game last week.

spacer.png

I said it last season, and I'm gonna reiterate it here: THAT should be Ole Miss' new primary colorway. That right there. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Reminds me of those cars with the horrible paint job because the color changes every time you move around it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Ducks are going all-white at Ohio State, debuting their new apple-green accented white jerseys as well as brand new (and previously unseen) white helmets with apple green wings and facemasks:

spacer.png
This’ll be their first time wearing white helmets since 2016 and first time ever having green wings on white helmets. I absolutely love this look, and am thrilled to see white helmets back in rotation.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Living in Iowa, I have a lot of State fans in my twitter feed or are saying that Hawkeye fans are upset because black is "their color" and wearing it really pisses them off. I don't care either way if they use black anything (helmets, jerseys or pants) because BFBS is still a thing and we've seen it with other teams, but wearing those colors for a game where both schools are entering ranked in the Top 10 for the first time is stupid. This is where they should break out GOLD  pants with red jerseys and helmets, or go R/R/R. That's my 2 cents.

16 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks are going all-white at Ohio State, debuting their new apple-green accented white jerseys as well as brand new (and previously unseen) white helmets with apple green wings and facemasks:

This’ll be their first time wearing white helmets since 2016 and first time ever having green wings on white helmets. I absolutely love this look, and am thrilled to see white helmets back in rotation.

Was hoping for the GWG but this is still a great way to showcase the green. Can't wait for Saturday.

11 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Lots of comments over social media talking about how Black/Gold/Silver was Iowa State's original color scheme, but that does not justify wearing black against your in-state rival, whose main color is black. After all, isn't a rivalry supposed where you really show off your colors? I just wish this set would either have more cardinal and yellow, or just be scrapped entirely. It just makes me unreasonably frustrated.

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

While I think the jersey is a bit busy with the shoulder design, I love the helmet! White/apple green is such an attractive (and underused) color scheme.

9 hours ago, AJM said:

From a bit further away, but with facemask and decals.

I dig it! It just somehow feels right, especially for a team based in Arizona and called the Sun Devils, although the gradient logo might be a bit much. It also gives me flashbacks to when LSU pulled off the same thing, but with purple (which I also really liked). It's a stunning effect that doesn't look overpowering.

Drew Sykes ❄️ on Twitter: "#LSU's football helmets are straight up McFly  cool tonight.… "

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

13 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Was hoping for the GWG but this is still a great way to showcase the green. Can't wait for Saturday.

I was hoping and expecting to see G/W/G, but I also had no idea they were keeping those new white helmets under wraps. I think the all-white looks great and am just happy that they’re showcasing the apple green instead of wearing black and silver like the 2015 National Championship game. Will definitely be a good looking matchup and hopefully a good game as well!

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived