College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It’s a callback to the diamond plate uniforms and also a nod to the “Flying Ducks” display in their football facility that represents the program’s NFL alumni:

I get what they're going for but that looks less like the display and more like the Mercedes Benz logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

I get what they're going for but that looks less like the display and more like the Mercedes Benz logo.

Yeah I can see that, but I personally don’t mind it. Again, it’s more of a simplified interpretation of the display and the designer said it’s also meant as a callback to the diamond plate uniforms. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 minutes ago, logo-maker said:

I would say this is as close to 'good' as possible:

ASU uniform power rankings: Ranking the top looks of the 2014 season - The  State Press

Putting aside my bias, no it’s not. ASU shouldn’t be in gray. GFGS doesn’t look good. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

There has never been a good looking gray jersey in football.

I tend to agree.  For me it's only ok if grey is ...you know... one of your colors.  Maybe if it's light enough to be a "white" jersey it could work...surely there are examples of that?  IMO the dark ones look bad with colored numbers.  IMO a dark grey could be passable if you had other elements with colors.  For instance Washington State could use this combo:

5SzD2p4.png

Can't find any pics of it online, so I will just describe the uniforms Tennessee State is wearing right now on ESPN3/app

• royal blue helmets; light gray  facemasks; single red stripe; white decals
  • white jerseys; royal blue numbers (no outline); royal blue letters on nameplates; Northwestern stripes on sleeves (red-white-blue-white-red)
  • white pants; Northwestern stripes down leg (red-white-blue-white-red)

Somebody show this to the New York Giants and tell them this  would be a million times better than the road uniforms they've chosen for 2021

Hotter Than July > Thriller

20 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Can't find any pics of it online, so I will just describe the uniforms Tennessee State is wearing right now on ESPN3/app

• royal blue helmets; light gray  facemasks; single red stripe; white decals
  • white jerseys; royal blue numbers (no outline); royal blue letters on nameplates; Northwestern stripes on sleeves (red-white-blue-white-red)
  • white pants; Northwestern stripes down leg (red-white-blue-white-red)

Somebody show this to the New York Giants and tell them this  would be a million times better than the road uniforms they've chosen for 2021

For those curious, here's a better look at TSU's new sets--and specifically those pants @4_tattoos mentioned--for this season, as seen last week vs Grambling:

ce016195-2bb0-455e-90d3-261586e9c3d7-Bla

78c7cd92-8c42-4fa3-aa34-5c6a20c5167b-tsu

e6a590e4-12f6-45da-8afb-85e25c3cb0e9-Bla

Looks pretty dang good, I'd say. (Well except for the whole logo on one side/number on the other thing.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah, that TSU/Grambling match up is very nice.

Also, this is essentially what Kansas should look like (with the obvious exception of details to make it more "Kansas" like the logos, etc.).

Also also, I can't tell definitively, but is red one of Grambling's official colors? Or have they just used it unofficially as an accent at times? When I think of Grambling, I think of black, gold, and red (simply because that's what they were wearing the first time I watched a Bayou Classic in the 1990s as a kid).  While that black-gold-white uniform is nice, it looks a little incomplete as far as Grambling goes.

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Also also, I can't tell definitively, but is red one of Grambling's official colors? Or have they just used it unofficially as an accent at times? When I think of Grambling, I think of black, gold, and red (simply because that's what they were wearing the first time I watched a Bayou Classic in the 1990s as a kid).  While that black-gold-white uniform is nice, it looks a little incomplete as far as Grambling goes.

Checked Google and the colors were mentioned being black and gold. With that said, I believe red has always been around. I've definitely seen pictures from the Eddie Robinson days of Grambling teams wearing red pants.

Some pics of released of the Jackson St/TN State game I mentioned earlier. Best I've seen at least.

Deion Sanders' Jackson State football dominates Tennessee State

Shedeur Sanders leads Jackson State over Tennessee State in Southern  Heritage Classic - Memphis Local, Sports, Business & Food News | Daily  Memphian

Seriously though, Tennessee State is showing the Giants what could have been.

SN: don't get me started on Jackson State smh

9 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

There has never been a good looking gray jersey in football.

I think this is a bit of an overreaction. I can think of a few good looking examples, if you put GFGS aside. As long as its paired with a sufficiently dark/light enough compliment color, gray can work.

Top Five College Football Alternate Uniforms Of 2016 - Stadium

Arizona Wildcats unveil new 'Battle Gray' football uniforms for Colorado  game - Arizona Desert Swarm

Pitt steel-gray alternates up for 2020 Uniform of the Year - Cardiac Hill

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

I think this is a bit of an overreaction. I can think of a few good looking examples, if you put GFGS aside. As long as its paired with a sufficiently dark/light enough compliment color, gray can work.

Top Five College Football Alternate Uniforms Of 2016 - Stadium

Arizona Wildcats unveil new 'Battle Gray' football uniforms for Colorado  game - Arizona Desert Swarm

Pitt steel-gray alternates up for 2020 Uniform of the Year - Cardiac Hill

You are just further proving how bad grey uniforms are. These all look bad, that pitt uniform is disgusting to look at.

2 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

No. No. No. Oh dear God one thousand times no.

The one team I can think of that used Gray in a very cool way (when it was not their school colors), was the late Brandon Weeden era Oklahoma State Cowboys. Might be a little nostalgic for me just being the era that I REALLY got into college football, but truly every Gray combo they used actually looked really cohesive. In my head they wore a Black/Gray/Black combo once that I really enjoyed, but the internet seems to disagree that ever happened. Perhaps a strange fever dream

Arkansas current look is perfect. One of the best uniform currently in CFB. Yes, they look a lot like Oklahoma, but that's fine, the Sooners look good too. 

Basically the Razorbacks look like Oklahoma with the OU and TV numbers replaced with an amazing classic logo. What's not to like?

spacer.png

Archived