College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

3 hours ago, See Red said:

I actually like that a lot.  Still don't like those uniforms, but the helmet looks good.  I do think this coloring on the spear would be better:

747f70af3d14a1d28425ed26b9bc8f25.jpg

Agreed. There needs to be some gold in there somewhere or it just feels wrong as an FSU uniform.

That being said I absolutely hate it. I hope it gets worn once, they get blown out by 50 points and it gets destroyed forever.

ClAFLDa.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Agreed. There needs to be some gold in there somewhere or it just feels wrong as an FSU uniform.

That being said I absolutely hate it. I hope it gets worn once, they get blown out by 50 points and it gets destroyed forever.

Well, I hope they get blown out by 50 in their regular helmets too.

IUe6Hvh.png

4 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Up next on the list of teams adding a new helmet: Florida State in an all-white getup, which seems to be all the rage nowadays. Not a big fan. It needs some more gold to keep it consistent with the rest of the uniform.

Don't like the white helmet, but that pose is fantastic.  Other teams take note.

spacer.png

Not the biggest fan of the white helmet either. I think they should have at most 2.

I can just feel a new uniform reveal in the next couple of years. I know they just switched to white numbers, and maybe a template change is all they need. Maybe they will stick with this design for a long time, I just feel changes coming on.

But maybe they simplify the uniform. Bring back some inspiration from their pre 2014 set (tribal feather pattern on collar and sleeves) and keep the number font. 

I would love to see what their previous set would look like in a new template.

For what it's worth, Florida State supposedly fired their previous equipment manager and hired the guy from Maryland. He had previously been at Florida during their ProCombat days. Not sure how related that is to these white lids, but the timing works out.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

7 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

For what it's worth, Florida State supposedly fired their previous equipment manager and hired the guy from Maryland. He had previously been at Florida during their ProCombat days. Not sure how related that is to these white lids, but the timing works out.

That makes sense. It would take an outside hire with deep experience in  alternate football uniforms to bring about a massive paradigm shift like adding a white helmet to a cfb uni rotation. Few programs have even attempted such a feat.

47 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

It should be noted that FSU dabbled with white helmets with their previous design and old spear (same white and garnet design, sans gold) and I don’t think they ever saw the field.

spacer.png

Those uniforms were so much better than what they currently wear, but the white helmet doesn't look good there at all.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, See Red said:

Those uniforms were so much better than what they currently wear, but the white helmet doesn't look good there at all.

yeah, axe the white helmet idea.

just stick with gold helmets, what else do you need when you have an iconic garnet and gold look. They already have a nice looking black jersey too.

Correct, the old white helmets were never worn on field, not even for spring games. It was only busted out for recruits, like this new one is here. The guy in the photo is the top rated recruit in the Noles' class, and #3 in the country on the 247 Composite, Travis Hunter. As such, I'm skeptical those even see the field.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Correct, the old white helmets were never worn on field, not even for spring games. It was only busted out for recruits, like this new one is here. The guy in the photo is the top rated recruit in the Noles' class, and #3 in the country on the 247 Composite, Travis Hunter. As such, I'm skeptical those even see the field.

Recruits seem to love white helmets for some reason. White is the color most of them want to wear when they visit Florida.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 6/3/2021 at 4:45 PM, guest23 said:

That makes sense. It would take an outside hire with deep experience in  alternate football uniforms to bring about a massive paradigm shift like adding a white helmet to a cfb uni rotation. Few programs have even attempted such a feat.

Is this sarcasm?

Not a 2021 change (yet, lol) but everytime I watch 90s Illinois football highlights on the Big Ten Network, I'm reminded just how great those unis were. So much better than anything they've worn in the last 8-10 years. Clean, one-color traditional block numbers, great classic stripes, good looking helmet...just makes the current stuff look like absolute :censored:. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

49 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Not a 2021 change (yet, lol) but everytime I watch 90s Illinois football highlights on the Big Ten Network, I'm reminded just how great those unis were. So much better than anything they've worn in the last 8-10 years. Clean, one-color traditional block numbers, great classic stripes, good looking helmet...just makes the current stuff look like absolute :censored:. 

I was just watching the game vs Michigan in 1999. I don't remember them wearing blue pants but it looked really good. I, too, miss the old Illinois look.

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

I was just watching the game vs Michigan in 1999. I don't remember them wearing blue pants but it looked really good. I, too, miss the old Illinois look.

Yeah I think 1999 was the first season of the blue pants (...maybe 1998 but not sure). And in 2000 I think they lost a big night game against Michigan wearing mono navy with the orange helmets.  They probably should have won that 2000 game...I remember it being a great game. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, heavybass said:

Oh joy Lord Saban got a contract extension and the NCAA will stay morally corrupt to keep them in the playoff run.

I'm convinced that if he quits football, he may turn into an anime final boss and randomly attack any teams that threaten to beat Alabama. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

At this point, he's gotta be worried about the same thing Bowden was. He's afraid he'll die shortly after he quits coaching. That's what happened to Bear and Bobby didn't want to be like Bear.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived