College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dont care said:

Disagree, I’d take monochrome over elements that don’t look like the belong with eachother in the slightest.

How so? Not trying to be snarky, just genuinely curious as to why you feel that way. Is it because of the lime green on the shoulders of the green jerseys? If so I suppose I can understand that criticism, but the helmets and jerseys both have yellow as the primary accent color which for me is what ties it all together nicely. The jerseys don’t have any black on them, but I don’t really think they need it when the black helmets are balanced out by the black pants and cleats (which again have the bright yellow accents). I’d say the black helmets and pants would be a better match for the yellow jerseys (and I expect to see that combo later this year), but I think the B/G/B is still a nicely composed combo as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

30 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

How so? Not trying to be snarky, just genuinely curious as to why you feel that way. Is it because of the lime green on the shoulders of the green jerseys? If so I suppose I can understand that criticism, but the helmets and jerseys both have yellow as the primary accent color which for me is what ties it all together nicely. The jerseys don’t have any black on them, but I don’t really think they need it when the black helmets are balanced out by the black pants and cleats (which again have the bright yellow accents). I’d say the black helmets and pants would be a better match for the yellow jerseys (and I expect to see that combo later this year), but I think the B/G/B is still a nicely composed combo as well.

The green jerseys don’t go with the pants or helmet because there is no green in them at all. It’s like they forgot to pack the right jerseys in shipping.

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

The green jerseys don’t go with the pants or helmet because there is no green in them at all. It’s like they forgot to pack the right jerseys in shipping.

I guess I understand that, but I personally don’t see it as an issue at all when the bright yellow is such a prominent accent color that’s carried through from the helmets to the jerseys all the way down to the cleats. It’d be one thing if the helmets and pants were black with silver or white accents, but since they’re black and yellow there’s a direct tie in to the yellow numbers on the jerseys. Agree to disagree, my friend.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Seeing them in action in the Soldier Field game:

Wisconsin- could still use the stripes on the pants, but I really love the unique number font. The 9s not touching on the loop is so different and pleasant to look at for some reason.

Notre Dame- Don’t really need an alt and I don’t think this adds much to the look. Not sure the stripes work with the plain helmet. Inoffensive though.

12 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Wisconsin- could still use the stripes on the pants, but I really love the unique number font. The 9s not touching on the loop is so different and pleasant to look at for some reason.

Notre Dame- Don’t really need an alt and I don’t think this adds much to the look. Not sure the stripes work with the plain helmet. Inoffensive though.

I’m enjoying it so far. Nothing crazy, but unique enough for a neutral site “big event” set of uniforms.

13 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I actually really like Notre Dame's uniforms. That shade of gold pants with the blue-white-blue stripes looks great.  Don't like Wisconsin's uniforms overall but I do agree the numbers are fantastic. 

IUe6Hvh.png

7 minutes ago, See Red said:

I actually really like Notre Dame's uniforms. That shade of gold pants with the blue-white-blue stripes looks great.  Don't like Wisconsin's uniforms overall but I do agree the numbers are fantastic. 

Actually yeah. Is the gold different or are the pant stripes just breaking it up enough to make the difference from the helmet less noticeable?

D2KaRCY.png

Notre Dame: It's funny how those pant stripes confused me; even knowing I was looking at ND it took a second to process.  The shoulder patch is cool since it's ... you know... the same finish as the helmet.  IMO the clashing helmet and pant finishes just makes everything they wear an absolute train wreck.  Either unify the finishes or go with white / blue pants.

Nebraska ... err Wisconsin...  cool number font but I don't like it for Wis. (doesn't match their blocky "W" logo).  The tiny stripes are basically invisible from TV angles.  Their normal striping (with the little diagonal slashes) is cool, why not implement that?

P.S. (while searching for ND jerseys I was reminded how much better they look sans helmet / pant clash)

Spoiler

Shamrock Series uniforms

Notre Dame Football Throwback Thursday: Irish VS North Carolina, 2006 - One  Foot Down

Notre Dame's alt is actually pretty nice. Not something they need to wear more than once, but for what it is I like it.  It's what a prototypical NFL uniform should be.  In fact, change the navy to black, drop the sleeve logo, and ship them down to New Orleans for the Saints.

After watching Notre Dame play today in their shamrock series makes me think they should use the same sparkling fabric that the Vegas Golden Knights use on their thirds. This way their pants will actually match the shine on their beautiful helmets.Screen-Shot-2021-09-25-at-2-36-26-PM.png

USATSI-152kjjn72779.png

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Inoffensive is the best description for both uniforms. They're both inferior to the regular uniforms, but they still look like themselves, which is more than you can say for so many alts these days.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You mean like the San Francisco 49ers?

You mean like the San Francisco 49ers whose gold pants have red/white/red stripes on them?

1284526780.0.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived