College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

He’s got crew socks on, but the rest are just bands around the calves. 

Ah. I should’ve known better than to believe somebody would introduce striped socks in this day and age. They’re the antithesis of monochrome. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Would have rather seen white over red. But with the popularity of Color Rush, I'm surprised it took this long.

We've had:

• All black (including helmet)
  • All white (primary helmet)
  • All gray (alt helmet)

So yeah, I agree this isn't surprising. For a one-off, I don't mind it and certainly prefer it to the weird gray & white alts they did previously.

Hopefully it looks decent against Penn State. Our classic uniforms look so good paired together but we love using alternates at home against them since it's usually a marquee matchup.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

The lack of gray on the scarlet elements is even more striking than usual. 

This has been my problem with the 80s-style stripes from the start. For this uniform, aesthetically I'm not really bothered. But for the primary jersey, just make that middle stripe gray!

It looks like The hurricanes are honoring Howard schnel (not even gonna butcher the rest of his name) in their loss Thursday night by wearing gray masks…orange/white…which now will look odd cause they updated the font so it’ll be just a throwback from the neck up. Their Twitter snuck in the helmet in the top corner of the uni announcement.

KISSwall09.jpg

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Would have rather seen white over red. But with the popularity of Color Rush, I'm surprised it took this long.

Don't hate the red pants, but it just seems unnecessary.  IMO the only alternate Ohio State should try would be the black jerseys with regular gray helmets and pants.  I'd be fine with that for one game a year.  Other than that, just stick with the classics.  

8 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Honestly, it's not bad. With the black/whiteout looks they've introduced recently, it was bound to happen. As has already been said, it's better than those looks as well.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 9/27/2021 at 10:42 PM, MNtwins3 said:

I'm honestly perfectly fine with the way Ohio State does alternates. 1 game a year they mix it up, every other game is their classic look. I enjoy teams mixing it up every once in a while while still having a solid, consistent identity

I think you hit it right on the head. The one-off alternates are different enough to feel special, but they still have that Buckeyes look about them, and don't feel to extravagant or disconnected from the rest of the brand. 

Ohio State To Wear New White Pants At Illinois – SportsLogos.Net News

Ohio State Wearing Black Alternate Unis for Night Game Vs MSU | The-Ozone

I'll be honest, I would look to see a Silver/Red/White and Silver/Black/Silver combo at some point. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

8 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I think you hit it right on the head. The one-off alternates are different enough to feel special, but they still have that Buckeyes look about them, and don't feel to extravagant or disconnected from the rest of the brand. 

Ohio State To Wear New White Pants At Illinois – SportsLogos.Net News

Ohio State football to wear black jerseys in night game against Michigan  State on Oct. 5 - cleveland.com

I'll be honest, I would look to see a Silver/Black/Silver combo at some point. 

I think that would be good for a game against maybe Indiana or Rutgers. They already have the jerseys, go ahead and use them for more than practice. I'd like to see them use grey numbers with red trim though, and maybe the 1968 sleeve design. 

Why Quinn Ewers reclassifying is actually good for Kyle McCord - Land-Grant  Holy Land

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

And here it is officially:

They also took the liberty of updating the old-school logo with thicker outlines and streamlined shading:

While I think their current logo is perfectly fine, if they ever want to change it, this is what they should change it to.

I love this, but now I'm trying to figure out if there's a milestone I missed, or the design team and equipment team there just got bored 😂

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

I love this, but now I'm trying to figure out if there's a milestone I missed, or the design team and equipment team there just got bored 😂

Maybe a little bit of both?? The logo was on the original Blue Turf 35 years ago and is a nod to that.

spacer.png

Archived