College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

On 9/30/2021 at 6:59 PM, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Anyone else love Virginia's uniform set? It's a unique look, it's not too busy, it's cohesive, and it isn't chasing trends. I'd say it's one of the best sets in college ball currently.

their stormtrooper look is pretty solid. I really liked it a couple years ago before they started using the current font (also hate the hell out of the numbers/logo helmet trend that won't die ) 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I’m a big fan of Maryland’s character development into realizing they don’t need outlandish uniforms and settled on a solid look.

They went from this-

spacer.png

to this-

spacer.png

to this-

spacer.png

and finally to this-

spacer.png

Those helmets are still terrible though. The dovetailed flag helmets are the way to go if they want to stick with flag helmets.

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I’m a big fan of Maryland’s character development into realizing they don’t need outlandish uniforms and settled on a solid look.

They went from this-

spacer.png

to this-

spacer.png

to this-

spacer.png

and finally to this-

spacer.png

Like burgandy said, the helmet still needs to be simplified. While the “Terps” logo looks best with the throwbacks, Maryland could use a black helmet somewhat like the late 90s with a M/flag accent. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

It's hilarious that the side body view and front helmet view templates that I drew are still seeing use nowadays even though Wikipedia doesn't really use them anymore like I originally designed them for.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

These Michigan pants would look so much better with a thin yellow stripe on the side. Still wouldn’t look like Michigan, but would tie into the helmets a little better and would match the B/Y/B jersey stripes.

The maize pants still need to be made the primary road pants again, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Am I the only one who loves the white pants for Michigan? I swear, even on the the Michigan forums people are constantly begging for the maize pants again. White, being a a neutral color, allows the maize and blue to be more properly balanced. White Jersey with maize pants is way too maize heavy. The matching stripes on the white jerseys and pants match the backs of the helmets. It’s such a good look but everyone seems to hate it. 

2 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Am I the only one who loves the white pants for Michigan? I swear, even on the the Michigan forums people are constantly begging for the maize pants again. White, being a a neutral color, allows the maize and blue to be more properly balanced. White Jersey with maize pants is way too maize heavy. The matching stripes on the white jerseys and pants match the backs of the helmets. It’s such a good look but everyone seems to hate it. 

I like the white pants, but nothing is better than this:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 9/30/2021 at 7:59 PM, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Anyone else love Virginia's uniform set? It's a unique look, it's not too busy, it's cohesive, and it isn't chasing trends. I'd say it's one of the best sets in college ball currently.

The grey facemask and Logo on one side/Number on one side helmets annoy me to no end. Put the V sabers on both sides, with Navy mask on Navy helmet, and White mask on white helmet and it would improve the look so much. 

The grey mask was to elicit a "blue collar" mentality... but there is nothing blue collar about UVa or Charlottesville. I mean... the student section shows up in button up shirts and ties. 

18 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I just don't understand the logo on one side, numbers on the other trend. There's no actual reason for it and it looks terrible.

Especially when making a graphic of helmets facing one another... If you do the specific way, you get the number, not the logo, which defeats the purpose

3 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Michigan’s blue pants look good...but it’s so weird and wrong. They really only need yellow pants

IMO, one of the few teams that can get away w/o having pants stripes, particularly with the home uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived